Good riddance, TB12!

Dan Darragh

If you had told me when I started watching sports the extent to which 2 guys would torment my enjoyment of said sports, I'm not sure I would have signed up.

I agree w/ some who have said that it would have been cool to beat him in the last one - but ultimately, what's the difference?  Brady owned this team, as much as ownership is possible in any team sport.  

Maybe I'll appreciate him someday.  It's doubtful, though.  

6 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Should have gone for it on 4th and 2 instead of kicking that tying FG.  Better chance there than putting the ball in his hands in OT. 

Yea at face value I’d agree but when you look at how that game was trending I’d say we had the edge in OT.  The titans game felt different to me…titans were absolutely moving the ball at will to close out regulation so I don’t blame McDermott for either decision.  And we all know they just would’ve held all our receivers on a 4th and 2 anyway lol 

5 hours ago, P Riv said:

If he wins the SB this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits.  

He's made comments recently that indicate he would do just that, if fact I think this may very well be his last NFL season even if the Bucs don't get to the SB.

Brady has a massive ego but pretty sure he don't want to go out a true low now when he's truly washed up and the team he's on won't make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes he has every one.  I guess he could go for the most receptions to a receiver (Gronk) from QB to beat Manning-Marvin Harrison.

Well he needs to make distance. As he wants to hold them and now 17 games going to but them at risk as well. 

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

Not sure I agree there, I get your point but it was 4th and 3 right?    4th and 1 I am onboard, not sure what the stats are for 4th and 3 inside the 10, probably not that great.  If the Bills offense was able to drive down and score Brady never would have had the ball.  Also the Bills defense had done a good job holding the Bucs to 3 points in the second half, I think that factors in.

It was indeed 4th and 3. Gotta kick the FG there because the run option won't be there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Bills put a pretty good beating on him on Sunday and he started to miss passes because of it. 

Brady even mentioned on the MNF pregame on the radio that he took some pretty good shots against the Bills. So there is that I suppose. 

Yea I think our dline rotation has been more successful than we make it seem…normally when a defense is on the field the whole first half the effectiveness in the second drops significantly but we seem to get better as the game goes on 

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It was indeed 4th and 3. Gotta kick the FG there because the run option won't be there. 

Yea as fans it’s easy for us to say to go for it but the playbook is pretty thin when they know you wouldn’t dare run there…I’m not sure a team that consistently runs the ball with some success even attempts a run there against the bucs front.  not to mention they were holding our receivers all game long and passing windows get very tight down there in the red zone.  I think 70/30 we get stopped on that 4th and 3…I actually loved going to diggs on that one one one matchup the play before too it’s pretty rare you’re going to get a wide open receiver that deep in the red zone and he definitely out muscled the defender and won his matchup…of course he was dragged down by his jersey though and the rest is history.  Any passing play we drew up was likely going to be a receiver making a difficult contested catch so why wouldn’t you want to go to your best player one on one with a mediocre at best defensive back.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Should have gone for it on 4th and 2 instead of kicking that tying FG.  Better chance there than putting the ball in his hands in OT. 

Of course this is the right call in that spot and it's what you have to do to beat Brady.

In their Super Bowl against NE, Philly played like that all night and the won the game.

But it would almost be impossible to envision Sean McDermott ever making a call like this in a game.

It's just not who he is, and he doesn't understand the proper way to be thinking about in-game decisions, along with most coaching staffs around the league.

Edited by Nextmanup

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Of course this is the right call in that spot and it's what you have to do to beat Brady.

In their Super Bowl against NE, Philly played like that all night and the won the game.

But it would almost be impossible to envision Sean McDermott ever making a call like this in a game.

It's just not who he is, and he doesn't understand the proper way to be thinking about in-game decisions, along with most coaching staffs around the league.

We are not Philly though and we have struggled in the red zone all year long…on top of that our qb had an injured foot so he likely struggles to evade pressure or pick up the first with his legs if the play breaks down.  Fg was the right call there imo. If they planned on it being 4 down territory maybe you surprise them with a run on 3rd but that bucs front 7 is so good they could be badly outschemed and still win their matchups.  Keep in mind we outscored the bucs 21-3 in the second half when that decision was being made…you’ve gotta like your chances in overtime then.  Tennessee game the flow of the game was very different…we could not stop the titans late in that game if our lives depended on it and they couldn’t really stop us so it was truly a coin flip who was likely to win that one if it goes to OT McDermott is taking a lot of flak for in game decision making when he is getting nearly everything right because we just can’t make the big play to win a game (doesn’t apply to the TB game we were robbed in that one) I loved the challenge in the NE game to stop the clock and potentially force the pats to attempt a fg into the wind at the end of the 3rd that was a double whammy of a great time to stop the clock and maybe it’s your lucky day and that play gets overturned. I doubt NE even attempts that fg if we hold them there in the 3rd then you’re down 1 heading into the 4th

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.