Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We can’t mess around here thinking we can win this game with Trubitsky. Play josh and if we get out front, then fine take him out. But we need this one. It’s absolutely over if we lose

I think Allen will play. He reminds me of Kelly with his toughness and will play thru pain. If Trubisky has to play its not the end of the world. He has a lot of experience as a starter and he is capable of playing well. It's not like we would be throwing some useless scrub out there who would have that "deer in the headlights" look and wouldn't know what to do.

Edited by Greg S

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

On a related note, Romo was commenting about how strange the Bills' record is, given their D and O positions against the rest of the league. Our record is the opposite of a bad team getting into the playoffs due to some critical plays that go its' way. The proverbial ball (aided by officiating) has bounced the wrong way for the Bills. Don't get me wrong, the Bills have done their part as well but the team by itself and with Lady Luck are not in sync this season

...."Buffalo is now 0-5 in one-score games. The only other team without a single victory in a one-score game is the Houston Texans (0-3). In the last 10 years, the only team with a worse record than the Bills in one-score games through 14 weeks was the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals (0-7). Part of winning those games is coaching and execution. But there’s also the aspect of luck and randomness. Those things are not going the Bills’ way.

Consider this: In the last 10 years, there have been 31 teams with a point differential of +110 or better through 14 weeks. The 2021 Bills (7-6 with a +134 point differential) are the only team among that group with fewer than nine wins!

Allen was fantastic vs. Tampa. He put the team on his back. That’s exactly what you want to see from your highly-paid franchise quarterback. There’s a nightmare scenario for Buffalo where Allen’s injury limits him, and their season ends with a whimper. But if he’s relatively healthy, this team still has time to stack some wins and be dangerous in the postseason"...

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think Allen will play. He reminds me of Kelly with his toughness and will play thru pain. If Trubisky has to play its not the end of the world. He has a lot of experience as a starter and he is capable of playing well. It's not like we would be throwing some useless scrub out there who would have that "deer in the headlights" look and wouldn't know what to do.

I think Allen plays too, but they're probably gonna have to depend on the pass game solely, which I'm fine with. I doubt they have Allen run it like crazy with a bad foot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills are 0-5 in one-score games, so McDermott's decisions on fourth down are worth looking at, especially after his highly questionable calls in the championship game last year. 

Sunday, once again facing a high-powered offense, the Bills had a fourth and two on the three-yard line, down 10-0, and he kicks a field goal. You can challenge his other calls--like punting at midfield just before halftime down 24-10--but I find that earlier decision galling. He demands "toughness" and praises "guts" but he shows neither himself. When it's crunch time for him, he flinches. 

I give him credit for building a winning culture. But he hasn't shown the courage he demands of his players. In the final analysis, he's just not good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Haha— okay, you got me. A little exaggeration on my part. I do think it is tough to beats the pats off a bye, and you know they will be able to Slow down JT.

Will they, though? Pats just recently gave up 200+ to some Tennessee practice squad level players. 

They may do better than Buffalo did, bit JT having 100+ and a TD or 2 is certainly possible. 

24 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Sanders has not lived up to expectations.  Gabe Davis is a better all around WR.  His blocking and physical runs after the catch are impressive.  Hope to see him start this game and torch Carolina.

Davis, imo should be the number 2.  Good blocker and adds size the other wrs lack.   Would like to see him used more on Rpos.  He has a been deadly of late on them.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

...."Buffalo is now 0-5 in one-score games. The only other team without a single victory in a one-score game is the Houston Texans (0-3). In the last 10 years, the only team with a worse record than the Bills in one-score games through 14 weeks was the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals (0-7). Part of winning those games is coaching and execution. But there’s also the aspect of luck and randomness. Those things are not going the Bills’ way.

Consider this: In the last 10 years, there have been 31 teams with a point differential of +110 or better through 14 weeks. The 2021 Bills (7-6 with a +134 point differential) are the only team among that group with fewer than nine wins!

Allen was fantastic vs. Tampa. He put the team on his back. That’s exactly what you want to see from your highly-paid franchise quarterback. There’s a nightmare scenario for Buffalo where Allen’s injury limits him, and their season ends with a whimper. But if he’s relatively healthy, this team still has time to stack some wins and be dangerous in the postseason"...

I don't want the Bills to treat the rest of the roster like Seattle and Green Bay have. yes, they each used their QBs to 1 SB win but should have done so much more with the talent at QB. 

Daboll is just extremely inconsistent. In the NE game, he barely called any designed runs for Allen. Against the Bucs, he called too many. Dude seems to need way too much managing (by McD) else his natural proclivities are disastrous

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually am wondering if Trubisky playing could be the best thing for this offense to regain some semblance of balance. 

I thought that too. Could be what will make Daboll finally call more running plays, but still can never tell with Daboll. Either way I'm highly confident we will continue to see those "WTF" type play calls that takes momentum away from the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I don't want the Bills to treat the rest of the roster like Seattle and Green Bay have. yes, they each used their QBs to 1 SB win but should have done so much more with the talent at QB. 

Daboll is just extremely inconsistent. In the NE game, he barely called any designed runs for Allen. Against the Bucs, he called too many. Dude seems to need way too much managing (by McD) else his natural proclivities are disastrous

I have a sneaky suspicion Daboll is not going to be around next year.

• Agree 1

I get the sense that this game will be a lot closer than Bills fans would like to think.

Between Josh's injury (even if he plays, he won't be at 100%), the Panthers having a good defense with a lockdown CB1, and the cold weather, I don't see the Bills blowing out the Panthers.

They should absolutely win, don't get me wrong. If they can't beat this Panthers team, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway. It just might be more of a nail biter than some might expect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.