Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Look how little AJ played his rookie year.  We gotta get more Immediate impact from our 1st and 2nd round picks. Hell we're still waiting for "raw and forever young" Edmunds to pan out? 

AJ still doesn’t even have much of an impact when he actually sees the field. 

Its just sad at this point. We spend a 1st amd two 2nds on DEs and they are mostly jags. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I think they made it abundantly clear early that he would be redshirted for the most part this year.

That basically proves my point then doesn’t it?

A team whose front 4 struggles getting to the QB shouldn’t have the luxury of spending a 2nd round pick on a DE that they plan to redshirt. That is a complete waste of resources. 

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

A team whose front 4 struggles getting to the QB shouldn’t have the luxury of spending a 2nd round pick on a DE that they plan to redshirt. That is a complete waste of resources. 

The bigger question is why they still insist on giving Addison and Hughes so much playing time still at this point of the season when it's clear they are washed, especially Hughes who has been a massive disappointment. What does he have this year 1 sack??

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Great!  Josh is playing and sounds like the injury was mild, afterall!

Whatever else he's saying here is just lip service because McDermott somehow thinks it's a competitive advantage to have the Panthers also preparing for Trubisky, which they aren't.

I agree that Josh will play, but I do believe that them preparing Mitch to play is more than just gamesmanship. All it takes is one player to step on Allen's foot, or for him to come up seriously limping after a play, and I believe it's possible we'd see Trubisky come in. While they need to win the game, they surely also realize that they need to go at least 3-1 in the remaining four, and getting Josh more seriously injured won't help us achieve that goal.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, Mat68 said:

Bold move imo.  Anything could  happen I guess.  Do they do it to promote Dorsey? Idk.  

Everybody’s kickin’ this idea around -keep much of the same Offense that Allen thrives in. 
Personally, I think if we’re gonna jettison Daboll/he gets a HC gig, I’d prefer a new look that meshes well with our Defense and allows Josh more freedom to audible. 

Of course we have to significantly upgrade the OLine first. 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree that Josh will play, but I do believe that them preparing Mitch to play is more than just gamesmanship. All it takes is one player to step on Allen's foot, or for him to come up seriously limping after a play, and I believe it's possible we'd see Trubisky come in. While they need to win the game, they surely also realize that they need to go at least 3-1 in the remaining four, and getting Josh more seriously injured won't help us achieve that goal.

I get it, but I think McDermott would need to convince all of our offensive linemen that they need to carry Josh off the field once he starts playing.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Have to be aware of the dreaded “trap” game just had a basically a playoff game with the Bucs and huge game with hoodie next week…just take care of the ball and we should be good 

I would hope somebody has shown the players the playoff picture and emphasized that every game is basically a playoff game from here on out. One more loss and we might be on the outside looking in.

36 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Have to be aware of the dreaded “trap” game just had a basically a playoff game with the Bucs and huge game with hoodie next week…just take care of the ball and we should be good 

This isn't a trap game. This is a must win as the Bills are fighting for their playoff lives. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This isn't a trap game. This is a must win as the Bills are fighting for their playoff lives. 

Trap games don't exist in reality.  

They are just something discussed by fans, along with a lot of other fictional topics.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

We are just whiffing on D linemen every year through the draft and free agency but then wasting redshirt years on high end draft picks lol what are we even doing here. Imagine what a RB or guard could have done for us in that spot or epenesa’s?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

I think they made it abundantly clear early that he would be redshirted for the most part this year.

Why is Josh wearing a Jets jersey? LOL

Just guessing here, but maybe we're wearing color rush red this week, in which case the "red" jerseys for the QBs and other non-contact players would be green?  Different green from the Jets though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Favorite Q from the Josh Allen interview from John Wawrow, something to the effect of "Knowing you and your competitive nature, I'm sure that you believe if you can walk out on the field then you can play, is that a fair assessment?"  Josh: "That is a very fair assessment."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.