Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Except BB has struggled big time with drafts the past 6-7 years. GOAT coach…but he struggled in the draft for quite a few years… 

So BB is an idiot then? Got it. Moving goalposts and shoehorning; a rare combo indeed. Well done. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Thanks for the info. If he only needs one negative my bet is that he plays as I think the positive test was false.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-nflpa-announce-covid-19-protocol-changes-that-include-targeted-testing-high-risk-player-opt-outs-more/

(Some aspects of which have me 🤦‍♂️ but that's another story)

Here's the relevant part, and it looks like I'm incorrect about needing two negative tests, but they no longer need to be more than 24 hrs apart, and essentially a "cycle threshold of 35 or greater" counts as a negative test.

Changes to COVID-19 protocols were also implemented this week that made it easier for vacationed players to return to play after testing positive for the virus. 

Vaccinated players who test positive for COVID-19 can now return to the field if:

They have two PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests that are either negative or have a CT (cycle threshold) of 35 or greater. 

One PCR test that is either negative or has a CT value of 35 or greater, and negative Mesa test taken without 24 hours of the PCR test. 

Two negative Mesa tests. 

Prior NFL test analysis revealed that players with CT values at 35 or higher do not transmit COVID-19 and therefore are not contagious. 

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Thanks for the info. If he only needs one negative my bet is that he plays as I think the positive test was false.

Looks like I was wrong. That's exceedingly rare to get COVID twice. In fact the CDC doesn't have a documented case that I'm aware of. Prayers for Josh!

On 12/18/2021 at 12:24 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to trade Ed Oliver this offseason.  He IS their best DL but he is limited by the system and the 5th year option decision is due in spring.    The Bills really need him to finish strong both for their own current need but also to possibly stir up some trade interest.   Unless they make some fundamental changes I can't see them ever getting much bang for the buck out of Oliver.

Interesting. What do you think he would bring in a trade? Could they get a 3rd round pick?

Yeah........but unfortunately, long term it's hard to justify being top heavy in investments on defense(both in the draft and in cap space) when you are built around a franchise QB.........they are going to lose equity on that side of the ball in the near future so finding a fit and getting something back might end up being the play.

Oliver, Edmunds, Beasley and Stevenson to Houston for their #2, #4 and Brandin Cooks.

3 Texans traded back home and a MLB the opposite of the guy they just cut.

Who says no? (probably Houston if they even have the picks I didn't check) 

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah........but unfortunately, long term it's hard to justify being top heavy in investments on defense(both in the draft and in cap space) when you are built around a franchise QB.........they are going to lose equity on that side of the ball in the near future so finding a fit and getting something back might end up being the play.

This is the issue with a franchise where the HC has so much say over the roster.  He's always going to be focused, as any HC would be, on winning the next season.  

A team managed this way is going to lose sight of the strategic part of team building and in this case, it's how much that defense takes away from building an offense.

Maybe Beane gets through to McD this off-season...but I'm not holding my breath either.  The coach's stubbornness isn't reserved to game-planning and in-game decisions.    

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.