Playoff picture

Hebert19

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

No matter how this all plays out with which teams get in, whoever plays Tenn is going to have a really hard time with Henry coming back by 1st playoff game. 

Henry coming off a pretty serious foot injury not in peak condition doesn’t really scare me. Tannehill has also regressed to his Miami days 

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oof didn’t know this was the case…that could be the best team in the afc with him healthy 

9 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Henry coming off a pretty serious foot injury not in peak condition doesn’t really scare me. Tannehill has also regressed to his Miami days 

Not sure but from article I read earlier today (will try and find it again) it said he would be ready to go for final game of season if it's meaningful, if not 1st playoff game. I think his condition will be just fine and I guarantee you if will scare whatever team that has to play them.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

2 hours ago, Bruce Smith said:

Just wait for the COVID positives to hit this locker room in December.  

Yes, because this won't happen to other teams. This COVID excuse is a joke. The Bills are having a typical year in terms of player availability. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not sure but from article I read earlier today (will try and find it again) it said he would be ready to go for final game of season if it's meaningful, if not 1st playoff game. I think his condition will be just fine and I guarantee you if will scare whatever team that has to play them.

But how can you expect somebody to be in true peak game shape when they will be coming off a 3 month layoff. On top of that it’s a pretty serious foot injury and last time I checked that’s a pretty big deal for a RB. At the least he’ll definitely be rusty and not 100%.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Bills beat Pats they are basically guaranteed. Well assuming they win the "easy" ones.

With Bills going to 3-1 there are really two things that stand out that could help knock the Bills out.

1) NE loses to Indy. Sadly we need to root for the Pats here

2) KC loses to CIN 

Sucks to be dependent on both NE and KC. 

I forget how, but I believe there is a world where the Broncos are involved if they win out. Again, only if the Bills lose to the Pats. 

The Pats game is basically the Bills SB unfortunately. Things are REALLY difficult if they drop that game. 

EDIT: Also, if the Bills win out, and the Pats lose to Indy, Buffalo wins the division. Weird year. 

Edited by Mango

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

But how can you expect somebody to be in true peak game shape when they will be coming off a 3 month layoff. On top of that it’s a pretty serious foot injury and last time I checked that’s a pretty big deal for a RB. At the least he’ll definitely be rusty and not 100%.

I don't know but there's been countless times when players come back from a lengthy injury and expected to not be well enough to make much difference and said player ends up playing lights out. And couldn't tell he was injured in the 1st place.

imo if he's good enough by last week of season then he's good enough to cause nightmares for defenses.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

image.thumb.png.6eafb1f376c5d81374c01a337df46e7a.png

Here's a pretty good image showing the remaining schedules (just ignore Week 14) of many of the remaining teams we're in contention with for the playoffs... namely the Browns, Broncos and Steelers... and here are their schedules:

Browns: LV, @ GB, @ Pitt, Cin

Broncos: Cin, @ LV, @ LA, KC

Pitt: Tenn, @ KC, Cle, @ Bal

Throw in the other 2 viable teams:

Raiders: @Cle, Den, @ Ind, LA

Miami: NYJ, @ NO, @ Tenn, NE

Holy cow... just look at that.  The Bills will have absolutely no one to blame but themselves if they don't get into the playoffs.  I think it's almost a certainty they will just looking at that schedule and looking at the way Buffalo has played against the middling to worst teams in the NFL this year, save Jacksonville.  There's no team in the AFC playoff picture with an easier schedule, and I don't think it's particularly close.  Miami might be the next easiest. 

But sheesh... all the AFC playoff contenders are just going to beat up on each other in the next 4 weeks and in many cases it's almost not going to matter who wins for Buffalo's chances because another AFC team in the picture will be knocked out.  And the only "meaningless" inter-conference games in there  other than our own against Carolina and Atlanta are a game for Miami against NO (probably a Win... and I'm starting to think they're going to sneak into the playoffs, after all), the Titans play the 49ers, and Green Bay can help us with 2 wins against the Browns and Ravens, and the Ravens have another inter-conference game against the Rams.

To all of the sudden doubters that Buffalo makes the playoffs this year, you can see above with your own eyes why it's still incredibly likely... even if we lose our lone remaining game against a real contender in the Patriots.

Buffalo has beaten up pretty well on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier teams this year (again, minus the Jags), so I strongly believe we'll be in the playoffs, and I also think we could very well beat the Patriots in normal weather conditions and take the division and potentially still even the #1 seed.

Crazy stuff with how I was feeling after that loss on Sunday.

I agree with what you are saying. It just difficult to get too high on this team. They have some massive issues in the trenches, lost their lock down CB, have an injuried Qb, and have been wildly inconsistent. The second half of the Bucs game is certainly encouraging. That version of the Bills would be extremely dangerous. We should get a pretty clear idea of what we have in the upcoming games. 

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with what you are saying. It just difficult to get too high on this team. They have some massive issues in the trenches, lost their lock down CB, have an injuried Qb, and have been wildly inconsistent. The second half of the Bucs game is certainly encouraging. That version of the Bills would be extremely dangerous. We should get a pretty clear idea of what we have in the upcoming games. 

I've been discouraged, too. But if you have an Elite QB--which we do--anything can happen in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Success said:

The NFL needs to really re-think that COVID protocol.  I can't remember if I'm allowed to say that - but it's too strict.  At this point, the world has to get on w/ its business.  

Disagree. It's fine the way it is. Teams have to learn to deal with it. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.