Playoff picture

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I heard ion the radio yesterday that if the Browns had won, the Bills playoff chances are 72%; with the Browns loss, the Bills are 82% likely to make the playoffs. 

In 5 days the Browns will be in GB. Looks like 7-8 for them. Pitt at 7-6-1 is at KC. 7-7-1 is a good bet. Probably eliminates both of them from catching the Bills assuming they handle their own business. At the very least they should go 2-1 in these final 3 games.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

In 5 days the Browns will be in GB. Looks like 7-8 for them. Pitt at 7-6-1 is at KC. 7-7-1 is a good bet. Probably eliminates both of them from catching the Bills assuming they handle their own business. At the very least they should go 2-1 in these final 3 games.

Ravens and Bengals the big competition for the Bills. Ravens or Bengals must lose 2 more games if the Bills end up 10-7 losing to NE.

They play each other. Then the Ravens have Rams and Steelers. Bengals have Chiefs and Browns. Both teams have tough finishes.

Bills are very likely to make the playoffs if they finish 10-7. Not 100%.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ravens and Bengals the big competition for the Bills. Ravens or Bengals must lose 2 more games if the Bills end up 10-7 losing to NE.

They play each other so hopefully no tie. Then the Ravens have Rams and Steelers. Bengals have Chiefs and Browns. Both teams have tough finishes.

Bills are very likely to make the playoffs if they finish 10-7. Not 100%.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I want 11-6 and the AFCE. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If things play out as generally expected, the Bills should win the AFCE and be the 2 seed.

This Sunday is going to be tough. I see a back and forth game probably 31-28, 27-24 or something like that. If they win this week then they should win the division for sure.

40 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If things play out as generally expected, the Bills should win the AFCE and be the 2 seed.

That’s pretty darn amazing when you look back at how the season has unfolded. Although…there’s the chance they beat New England on the road and then stub their toe against the Jets on the final weekend! That would be the Billsy thing to do (no jinx intended).

Step 1 

Beat NE 

The Bills have three games remaining — at New England, and home against Atlanta and the New York Jets.

If they win all three, they win the AFC East.

MIx in another losses by Tenny, or 2 by KC, Indy and Cincinnati 

and the Bills get the #1 seed 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Step 1 

Beat NE 

The Bills have three games remaining — at New England, and home against Atlanta and the New York Jets.

MIx in another losses by Tenny, KC, Indy and Cincinnati 

KC has to lose 2 games and the Bengals also can't win out. Chance are slim...shady

• Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Step 1 

Beat NE 

MIx in another losses by Tenny, KC, Indy and Cincinnati 

If KC was going to lose, the best chance to do so was VS the Chargers.  KC has a fairly favorable schedule now to finish things out.  I would never have thought KC would be in this position when we lost to the Bills in week 5....and after losing to the Titans I was simply hoping for a wild card and getting hot and making a run.  

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If KC was going to lose, the best chance to do so was VS the Chargers.  KC has a fairly favorable schedule now to finish things out.  I would never have thought KC would be in this position when we lost to the Bills in week 5....and after losing to the Titans I was simply hoping for a wild card and getting hot and making a run.  

Yeah if KC isn't 1 seed I'd be surprised. And I'm sure there were many that felt the same way after those loses earlier in the season. I never thought they would not make the playoff though, but definitely didn't think they'd be #1 seed again.

Hopefully Bills can pull it together at the end here like KC did earlier. Better late than ever, so got to make a move now. 

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Some of the scenarios that can still play out are crazy.  Bills can still go into Week 18 where if they win, they can be the #1 seed.  Lose, and they don’t make the playoffs.

You know the Jets would love to knock the Bills out. We did that to them a few years back when Fitz was their QB. They needed a win at Buffalo and couldn't get it. 

One thing with KC is that all the teams they play the rest of the way are fighting for their playoff lives, while KC has theirs pretty much wrapped up. I could see a couple upsets.

Similar for the Titans, 49ers and Dolphins need wins to stay in the mix (also, the Titans are sinking like a lead balloon right now).

• Like (+1) 1

KC will be fighting for that #1 seed and upsets could happen even if they were on playoff bubble. They won’t be resting players or anything like that until maybe their last game. 

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I think the #3 is more likely for the Bills, but I’ll take it! 

35 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

One thing with KC is that all the teams they play the rest of the way are fighting for their playoff lives, while KC has theirs pretty much wrapped up. I could see a couple upsets.

Similar for the Titans, 49ers and Dolphins need wins to stay in the mix (also, the Titans are sinking like a lead balloon right now).

KC as of now, has no room for error in pursuit of the 1 seed.  It's entirely possible they will have it wrapped up before week 18 in which case they'd rest guys and maybe take the L VS Denver, but otherwise KC will be motivated to win.

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

KC as of now, has no room for error in pursuit of the 1 seed.  It's entirely possible they will have it wrapped up before week 18 in which case they'd rest guys and maybe take the L VS Denver, but otherwise KC will be motivated to win.

It’s a matter of desperation. KC will make the playoffs no matter what. The other teams they play need to win out or they are done.

Not saying there will definitely be upsets, but it gives a small opening.

If I had to guess who the playoff teams will be right now. I would say this.....

East - Bills, Pats

North - Bengals

South - Titans, Colts

West - Chiefs, Chargers.

Seed em anyway you like. When its all said and done I think these will be the 7 teams in the AFC playoffs. I think the Ravens will be out and the same with Denver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.