Playoff picture

Hebert19

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

There are two likely equal scenarios:

Win at NE, go 11-5 , Win Division, and we end up #2 or 3 seed

Lose at NE, finish 10-6, Wild Card, and end up as the # 7 seed

you know its a 17 game schedule this year. and also we have 6 losses already?

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If I had to guess who the playoff teams will be right now. I would say this.....

East - Bills, Pats

North - Bengals

South - Titans, Colts

West - Chiefs, Chargers.

Seed em anyway you like. When its all said and done I think these will be the 7 teams in the AFC playoffs. I think the Ravens will be out and the same with Denver.

If we win on Sunday,  i think Miami will beat the pats in a few weeks to knock them out of playoff contention

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

If we win on Sunday,  i think Miami will beat the pats in a few weeks to knock them out of playoff contention

That would be funny. I guess the Fins are the lesser of two evils right now but I think NE gets in. If they do then hopefully its as a WC.

19 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Only way the patriots get knocked out of the playoffs as if Miami does in fact win out. It could happen but odds are against it. Patriots have a very strong conference record so even if they lose to the bills and the dolphins and drop to seven losses on the year they should win all tiebreakers. The only tiebreaker they would lose would be against Miami because of the division sweep. But if Miami drops a game to the Saints or Titans that would be a non-factor.

Would love to see this happen though for sure.

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

If things play out as generally expected, the Bills should win the AFCE and be the 2 seed.

The number two seed looks very unlikely. That’ll go either to the Titans or the Colts. Both own tiebreakers over the bills. I don’t see the Colts losing another game. So they may end up with the number two seed if the Titans end up dropping the next two games.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The number two seed looks very unlikely. That’ll go either to the Titans or the Colts. Both own tiebreakers over the bills. I don’t see the Colts losing another game. So they may end up with the number two seed if the Titans end up dropping the next two games.

The Titans beat the Colts twice already so they own that tiebreaker....even winning out, All the Titans need to do is win VS the Texans and they will win the division.  I think the Titans will lose VS the niners....I beleive the road is clear for the BIlls to take the 2...just win out and I think it's yours.

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Only way the patriots get knocked out of the playoffs as if Miami does in fact win out. It could happen but odds are against it. Patriots have a very strong conference record so even if they lose to the bills and the dolphins and drop to seven losses on the year they should win all tiebreakers. The only tiebreaker they would lose would be against Miami because of the division sweep. But if Miami drops a game to the Saints or Titans that would be a non-factor.

Would love to see this happen though for sure.

I think the Fins lose to NO this week. To their credit they are giving it one hell of a run with 6 wins in a row but I can't see them winning out. NO, TEN, and NE is a tough schedule.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think the Fins lose to NO this week. To their credit they are giving it one hell of a run with 6 wins in a row but I can't see them winning out. NO, TEN, and NE is a tough schedule.

I kind of rooting for the Phins to get in...I don't like the Patriots any more than you guys do around here.  a Phins win VS NE in week 18 to get the phins in and the pats out would be awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

Regardless how this season ultimately plays out and a post mortem is done on the Bills 2021 season I still think in hindsight it's going to show how meaningless the Bills win against the Chiefs was earlier in the season and how both teams seemed to go in completely opposite directions since.

I hope a resounding message is also sent to the Bills front office and coaching staff about offseason strategy, particularly when looking at the Chiefs who made it to the SB and lost last year but didn't stand pat and believe they were set bringing back the same team vs. the Bills who were crushed by the same Chiefs team in the AFCCG yet thought they didn't need to make any major upgrades outside of the draft.

Either way as it stands today it looks like at minimum the chiefs are on their way to a 4th straight AFCCG (likely at home) while the bills may not even make it back to the playoffs or if they do will be a WC team at best.

• Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I didn’t say it would happen in reality 

Until it’s 0 %

there is a chance 😆 

This week it's easy to know who to root for concerning the extremely slim chance for the Bills to get to #1.

Bills over Pats*

49'ers over Titans

Cardinals over Colts

Steelers over Chiefs

Wait to see who wins the Bengals/Ravens game and for some frosting on the cake the Texans have the "upset of the week" over the Chargers.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Regardless how this season ultimately plays out and a post mortem is done on the Bills 2021 season I still think in hindsight it's going to show how meaningless the Bills win against the Chiefs was earlier in the season and how both teams seemed to go in completely opposite directions since.

I hope a resounding message is also sent to the Bills front office and coaching staff about offseason strategy, particularly when looking at the Chiefs who made it to the SB and lost last year but didn't stand pat and believe they were set bringing back the same team vs. the Bills who were crushed by the same Chiefs team in the AFCCG yet thought they didn't need to make any major upgrades outside of the draft.

Either way as it stands today it looks like at minimum the chiefs are on their way to a 4th straight AFCCG (likely at home) while the bills may not even make it back to the playoffs or if they do will be a WC team at best.

Win Sunday and the Bills have the advantage to win the AFCE. Lets see how the game goes this Sunday before saying WC at best.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

The Titans beat the Colts twice already so they own that tiebreaker....even winning out, All the Titans need to do is win VS the Texans and they will win the division.  I think the Titans will lose VS the niners....I beleive the road is clear for the BIlls to take the 2...just win out and I think it's yours.

That would work but if the Titans lose two and the Colts win out the Colts take the division.

That scenario it’s fairly likely as I agree the Titans likely lose to the 49ers this week. And I could see them losing to Miami. Houston is unlikely but they did lose to them a few weeks ago so who knows.

4 minutes ago, motorj said:

Yeah, pats basically only need to beat a tanking jags to clinch a playoff spot, so get the pats knocked out of playoff contention out of your heads

The tiebreak situation could get really weird. Bills beat the patriots and Miami wins out then Miami is seeded higher than the patriots no matter what else happens in the AFC.

it gets weird because Miami could be in a situation at 10-7 where they are the 7th seed on conference record, SOV and common game tiebreakers. New England may have much better tie breakers over Miami in all those categories but they would all be thrown out because the division tie breaker would be used first to eliminate New England.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Win Sunday and the Bills have the advantage to win the AFCE. Lets see how the game goes this Sunday before saying WC at best.

Even if the Bills somehow win this game they aren't catching the chiefs in the standings despite having the head to head tiebreaker.

And does anybody really think the Bills would stand a chance going into Arrowhead again in the playoffs and not facing a similar outcome to last year's AFCCG.

Two completely different teams right now and just thinking about Chris Jones going against this offensive line is a nightmare in itself especially since he was out for the game in earlier in the year which certainly helped the Bills cause that day.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Even if the Bills somehow win this game they aren't catching the chiefs in the standings despite having the head to head tiebreaker.

And does anybody really think the Bills would stand a chance going into Arrowhead again in the playoffs and not facing a similar outcome to last year's AFCCG.

Two completely different teams right now and just thinking about Chris Jones going against this offensive line is a nightmare in itself especially since he was out for the game in earlier in the year which certainly helped the Bills cause that day.

Re: the bolded.   Absolutely.

Why wouldn't we have a "chance?"  We're actually built to beat that team, and we beat them handily there last time.  

Our 4 top receivers had significant injuries in the AFCCG.  No one holds that game as any kind of standard.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That would work but if the Titans lose two and the Colts win out the Colts take the division.

That scenario it’s fairly likely as I agree the Titans likely lose to the 49ers this week. And I could see them losing to Miami. Houston is unlikely but they did lose to them a few weeks ago so who knows.

Hmmm....you are right about this....so many posssibilities still....what a season.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, Hebert19 said:

I'm shocked we are still in 7 seed.  When I took a closer look Cleveland and Cincinnati both look like they will end up with the same or similar conference records...

We have a better SOV than both which is shocking.  Keep winning KC and Miami. Ha

So based on this we win 3 of 4 we should be good for 6 or 7 seed.  

Anything I'm missing?

Spend some time working with the playoff odds calculators.

Some of us have been pointing out for weeks that even if we lose to Tampa AND THE PATRIOTS, we still have like a 87% chance of making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

Hmmm....you are right about this....so many posssibilities still....what a season.

Yeah, it's like nobody wanted to be top of AFC...KC for a bit, Ravens said ***** that....Bills decided they couldn't handle it either.....Tenn got tired of sitting there and said too much responsibility, Pats are still undecided....KC looks around and decided it's kinda getting close to the end now, so if the others are just going to toss in trash then one mans trash is another mans treasure 

1 hour ago, Success said:

Re: the bolded.   Absolutely.

Why wouldn't we have a "chance?"  We're actually built to beat that team, and we beat them handily there last time.  

Our 4 top receivers had significant injuries in the AFCCG.  No one holds that game as any kind of standard.

Bills played the Chiefs when they were peaking and the Chiefs were in 'figure it out' mode like the Pats teams with Brady of years past.

They also didn't have Chris Jones in that game and it's no coincidence their current win streak started with him healthy and back in the lineup. Just like it's no coincidence they struggled again last week against the Chargers without him.

I don't think the Bills will even get far enough and/or meet the Chiefs in the playoffs anyway this year so it's probably a moot point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.