The Bills can stop their freefall by starting to prove they're as tough as their city

Dan Darragh

and in todays NFL, the teams identity really has nothing to do with the city they are in, maybe way back when NFL players lived and worked in the city they played for (like when the Packers were actually guys who worked for the local meat and cheese packing plant) the teams would have greatly embodied the area they were from.

Edited by billybob71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Great article from New York Times best selling author Dan Wetzel about how the Bills could turn their season around by replicating the tenacity, and determination of the hard scrabble people of Buffalo. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-bills-can-stop-their-freefall-by-starting-to-prove-theyre-as-tough-as-their-city-203903610.html

Buffalo 30 years ago or Buffalo now?  Huge difference.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Haven't read the article but every time someone from outside WNY talks about "The hard working people of WNY" or similar crap, it's effectively a put down to the area.

It's also a gross generalization that probably isn't even accurate anymore.

The blue collar folks who made Buffalo what it used to be, started leaving 50 years ago in pursuit of jobs.

Not too many are left now.

You haven’t read the article yet are compelled to dis the narrative? 🤦‍♂️ Very Nextmanup of you.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

This city is not tough. Just more Bills mafia pandering. 

Im one tough SOB 😃 but i dont live in the city, live south of it in the boondocks with all the other hillbillys, oh wait if I was tough i wouldnt be sittin on my couch under a blankie posting on this forum cuz its to cold to do anything outside.

Edited by billybob71

11 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Great article from New York Times best selling author Dan Wetzel about how the Bills could turn their season around by replicating the tenacity, and determination of the hard scrabble people of Buffalo. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-bills-can-stop-their-freefall-by-starting-to-prove-theyre-as-tough-as-their-city-203903610.html

Bunch of hot garbage this article. 

The National view is run the ball more, blue collar, the whole article is filled with pot shots against the Bills. 

The only times the Bills have ever been good in their 60+ year history is with a high flying passing attack. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Im one tough SOB 😃 but i dont live in the city, live south of it in the boondocks with all the other hillbillys, oh wait if I was tough i wouldnt be sittin on my couch under a blankie posting on this forum cuz its to cold to do anything outside.

Hello my fellow hillbilly. Why aren't we out huntin deers?

39 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bunch of hot garbage this article. 

The National view is run the ball more, blue collar, the whole article is filled with pot shots against the Bills. 

The only times the Bills have ever been good in their 60+ year history is with a high flying passing attack. 

Uh, no.  Not the AFL championship teams.  And not the 74 playoff team with OJ.

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

We should come up with a name for this team, like the Bickering Bills but appropriate to this team.  On the heels of this article I suggest the Tissue Paper Bills, or maybe the Glassjaw Bills

Paper Tiger Bills

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

What would make this team “tough?”

The Titans roster.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

The failure that was the Steelers game set the tone for the entire season.

From the opening kickoff. 

Mck takes opening kick back 75 yards. Bills can't move the ball and take advantage of outstanding field position. Kick a field goal. 

Talk about a tone setter.

13 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Did you see these very boards last week? Crying about refs, wind, Pats fans and anything else that could come up?

This city is no where near as gritty and tough as people like to think. The people here (and all around the country if you want to be exact) these days are soft crybabies that don't take responsibility for short comings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

All "same ol Bills" discussions and topics are over.  We have the best QB in the league and a great team.

Personally, I think this season begins "The 4 Redemption Leaps of Buffalo."  Or something like that - I don't love that wording, but you get the gist.

And I actually want 5.  A 5-4 SB record would be cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.