[Edit] The Obligatory Edmunds Thread (was: Edmunds name-only title)

beacon

On 12/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, beacon said:

Colin...ton of talent? At what? Over running plays. Getting blown up 10yds. downfield? No more excuses... he's young, he's fast blah blah blah...

FWIW, he was probably the only person on the team solo tackling Henry. I just think he is a better fit on the outside. You either have instincts for the middle or you don't, and he just doesn't. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

You could insert a db to cover sideline to sideline. We need a MLB that can have vision, shed lineman and blow up run plays a few times a game. I would love Edmunds to show me back to back run stuff plays like Milano did in the 4th quarter last Monday night. Questionable run instants is being way to generous at this phase.  I like Edmunds freak skills a lot but question if they are meant for the position at hand after almost 4 seasons now?

It doesnt fit what they do on defense

35 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

You could insert a db to cover sideline to sideline. We need a MLB that can have vision, shed lineman and blow up run plays a few times a game. I would love Edmunds to show me back to back run stuff plays like Milano did in the 4th quarter last Monday night. Questionable run instants is being way to generous at this phase.  I like Edmunds freak skills a lot but question if they are meant for the position at hand after almost 4 seasons now?

Milano was having a rough game before his back to back stops.  After the All 22 film came out much of blame I had laid on Edmunds appears to have mostly been Milano missing his gaps.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

Again, they took a guy who played strong and weak and determined he was a good fit for the MLB in a nickel because he is athletic enough in passing situations. 4 years is not a long time to learn MLB, especially not when you have to do it at speed like this. It really doesn't help that our linemen almost always get taken 1v1. They would be better off shifting him to strong and putting a natural MLB there instead. I think WLB would be better, but they paid Milano, so that's not going to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He is not "ok" in pass coverage........just because he is not making the interceptions doesnt mean that he is having a serious impact there.   He is a athletic sideline to sideline LB who has questionalble run instincts......in other words.....in todays NFL he is a stud

A stud?  A STUD???  You cannot be serious. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He is not "ok" in pass coverage........just because he is not making the interceptions doesnt mean that he is having a serious impact there.   He is a athletic sideline to sideline LB who has questionalble run instincts......in other words.....in todays NFL he is a stud

Come on John....a few too many drinks at the mission inn?....calling Tremaine a stud is hilarious....calling his instincts questionable is generous....

35 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Fred Warner

Bobby Wagner

Roquan Smith

Devin White

Erik Kendricks

I could also argue Patrick Queen or Devin Bush(when healthy) are just as good. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season

Pretty embarrassing how low Edmunds is considering we traded up in the 1st for him.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Come on John....a few too many drinks at the mission inn?....calling Tremaine a stud is hilarious....calling his instincts questionable is generous....

Watch and see what kind of contract he gets come contract time

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season

Pretty embarrassing how low Edmunds is considering we traded up in the 1st for him.

You did Not just use PFF as a reference

Darious Leonard is not a MLB  Okereke is. If you want to include all LB's Edmunds is probably not in the top 30

1 hour ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Bobby Wagner

Darious Leonard

Fred Warner

Roquan Smith

Devin Bush 

Lavonte David

Heck, i think Klein is a better MLB. 

That's just off the top of my head

Edmunds is who he is at this point and I don’t see a substantial jump coming at any point in his career. I would absolutely try to trade him this off-season if I were Beane, but I know he won’t because he’d be concerned about team chemistry and would be admitting a mistake. Edmunds doesn’t impact the game enough for me to worry about who’s going to replace him. Put a JAG in there. Could’ve claimed Cunningham for pennies and went that route as well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Forced 6 punts on 9 drives.

7 drives were 5 plays or less.

Allowed less than 50 yards in the 2nd half.

Gave up 1 TD.

Allowed only 240 yards. 

So why are people still complaining about the defense?  They did their job and put us in position to win that game.  

Our poor offensive execution lost us this game.  Penalties, terrible play calling, and drops lost us this game, not our defense or anyone on defense.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Again, they took a guy who played strong and weak and determined he was a good fit for the MLB in a nickel because he is athletic enough in passing situations. 4 years is not a long time to learn MLB, especially not when you have to do it at speed like this. It really doesn't help that our linemen almost always get taken 1v1. They would be better off shifting him to strong and putting a natural MLB there instead. I think WLB would be better, but they paid Milano, so that's not going to happen. 

If it takes 4 years to learn how to play MLB then don’t draft a guy to play MLB if he doesn’t already know how.  If you’re taking a MLB in the top half of the first round, he should be ready to go day one.  That is a premium pick to spend on a player at a non-premium position to begin with.  If he’s not ready until his second contract then what’s the point?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.