[Edit] The Obligatory Edmunds Thread (was: Edmunds name-only title)

beacon

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

If it takes 4 years to learn how to play MLB then don’t draft a guy to play MLB if he doesn’t already know how.  If you’re taking a MLB in the top half of the first round, he should be ready to go day one.  That is a premium pick to spend on a player at a non-premium position to begin with.  If he’s not ready until his second contract then what’s the point?

He’s currently captain of the #1 defense by yards and #2 by points😂😂😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He’s currently captain of the #1 defense by yards and #2 by points😂😂😂

If the argument is that he’s a perfectly good player, your point makes sense.  The poster I responded to is saying that 4 seasons isn’t an unreasonable amount of time for a player to learn the position.  If that’s the case, then why use a pick on someone like that?

Just now, Billl said:

If the argument is that he’s a perfectly good player, your point makes sense.  The poster I responded to is saying that 4 seasons isn’t an unreasonable amount of time for a player to learn the position.  If that’s the case, then why use a pick on someone like that?

The idea that he doesn’t ‘know how to play MLB’ is hilarious

half the people in this thread couldn’t tell you his keys or responsibilities in this scheme and they watch the Bills play every Sunday

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

half the people in this thread couldn’t tell you his keys or responsibilities in this scheme and they watch the Bills play every Sunday

I see your still fighting the fight 808, keep up the good work !

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Edmunds is who he is at this point and I don’t see a substantial jump coming at any point in his career. I would absolutely try to trade him this off-season if I were Beane, but I know he won’t because he’d be concerned about team chemistry and would be admitting a mistake. Edmunds doesn’t impact the game enough for me to worry about who’s going to replace him. Put a JAG in there. Could’ve claimed Cunningham for pennies and went that route as well.

lol. Replace the JAG with a JAG so these dumb threads can live forever.  

21 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

My argument is that they drafted him for the base defense and he fits perfectly there. However, he is going to struggle in the nickel because he is still trying to learn the position and that basically guarantees that a lineman will be free and on him each play. He looks great at some of it and is struggling with other parts. A better 1 technique probably fixes a lot of that and allows him to use his athleticism more.  

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to [Edit] The Obligatory Edmunds Bashing thread, started by someone who dipped and dashed
  • Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to [Edit] The Obligatory Edmunds Thread (was: Edmunds name-only title)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.