Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

3 minutes ago, Success said:

EVERYONE is going to write this team off if we lose tomorrow.  Most already are based on losing to NE.

In a way, that feels better than everyone picking us for the SB. 

I expect the Bills to play one of their best games tomorrow. 

Can we quote you on that?  I want to believe your theory here, 100%!  

I have us winning in the game score prediction thread; this fanbase is always 1 game late/behind with where they are with the team.

Watch--we win in Tampa, and then it will look totally different here next week, everyone predicting we run the table, we will win the re-match in Foxboro, etc....

😄

At least that's my hope! 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd love to see a bend but don't break defense show up on Sunday. Hold them to under 25.

I would take that!  We win 34-25.  Or something.  

41 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Never seen so many fans write the obituary for the team they follow 1 game out of first place.    

I definitely see why fans are down. That said, I agree. Not saying they will but this team definitely has the talent and experience to turn this thing around. Even if they make it in as a WC team, they can be very dangerous come playoff time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I definitely see why fans are down. That said, I agree. Not saying they will but this team definitely has the talent and experience to turn this thing around. Even if they make it in as a WC team, they can be very dangerous come playoff time.

Agreed.  With Allen at qb he could go scorched earth for about a 5 to 6 game stretch and carry the team on his back.  I believe thats how Buffalo wins it all.  Is it this year or down the road? Idk, but believe it will happen.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

Football Outsiders eviscerates the Bills: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2021/buffalo-bills-vs-chumpzilla 

@BADOLBILZ, check it out, especially the comment about McKenzie.

”And if you (understandably) hate silly metaphors and crotchety columnist wisdom: the Bills rank 28th in late-and-close DVOA on offense and 26th on defense.”

”She's punishing the Bills for their lack of creativity, precision, and ferocity. If there's any such thing as an "it factor," some combination of intangibles that converts into an extra dozen yards or so in a close game, the Bills lack it. That deficiency keeps roaring to life and making the Bills' DVOA and reputation look like a cardboard skyscraper.”

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Football Outsiders eviscerates the Bills: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2021/buffalo-bills-vs-chumpzilla 

@BADOLBILZ, check it out.

”And if you (understandably) hate silly metaphors and crotchety columnist wisdom: the Bills rank 28th in late-and-close DVOA on offense and 26th on defense.”

Yea, kinda dumb story telling there but it's not wrong. 

The one thing I am not sure about (and really no way of knowing) is when they mention deactivating McK leading to no options for the end around or screen game. I think they may have had ideas to run some of that with Breida doing some jet sweeps stuff (he ran some of the in the Green Bay preseason game) and some screens to Sanders.

Those plans (if they had them) died when Breida fumbled and Sanders got obliterated on the 1st or 2nd play of their opening drive on a screen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Yea, kinda dumb story telling there but it's not wrong. 

The one thing I am not sure about (and really no way of knowing) is when they mention deactivating McK leading to no options for the end around or screen game. I think they may have had ideas to run some of that with Breida doing some jet sweeps stuff (he ran some of the in the Green Bay preseason game) and some screens to Sanders.

Those plans (if they had them) died when Breida fumbled and Sanders got obliterated on the 1st or 2nd play of their opening drive on a screen. 

Well, the common thread with breida and mackenzie is immediate trips to the doghouse after fumbling, which is really short-sighted.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

@BADOLBILZ, check it out, especially the comment about McKenzie.

”She's punishing the Bills for their lack of creativity, precision, and ferocity. If there's any such thing as an "it factor," some combination of intangibles that converts into an extra dozen yards or so in a close game, the Bills lack it. That deficiency keeps roaring to life and making the Bills' DVOA and reputation look like a cardboard skyscraper.”

Silly article imo.

There’s little reason to be as down on the Bills as that article reads unless you’re trying too hard to make a point. 

7-5 is the absolute worst record this team could have at this point in the season. It’s a season of thin margins and we have been on the wrong side thus far. 

• Agree 3

Well, the common thread with breida and mackenzie is immediate trips to the doghouse after fumbling, which is really short-sighted.

One thing I've noticed especially last game, is that the I swear mcd is a little overly aggressive about fumbling. Seems like moss just secures the ball and is more worried about fumbling then actually trying to run. I remember last year when he got benched in the San Fran game. I know t/os are important but I almost feel mcd over stresses it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes and no. If it's just the fumbles we see on game days then yea...likely overthinking and an over reaction.

If the coaches are seeing them fumble all through the week in practice and it shows up in games then it'a 100% the correct call to get those players out of the lineup.

12 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Yes and no. If it's just the fumbles we see on game days then yea...likely overthinking and an over reaction.

If the coaches are seeing them fumble all through the week in practice and it shows up in games then it'a 100% the correct call to get those players out of the lineup.

Re funbles in practice, they’re not hitting much, particularly at this time of the season, so I would be surprised if players are fumbling much there.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

One thing I've noticed especially last game, is that the I swear mcd is a little overly aggressive about fumbling. Seems like moss just secures the ball and is more worried about fumbling then actually trying to run. I remember last year when he got benched in the San Fran game. I know t/os are important but I almost feel mcd over stresses it.

I thought the same thing after the game.  And I get it - before the game, knowing what the conditions would be, I thought the turnovers would decide it. If I was coach, I would have harped on that also.

But you can see the extra caution.  And it probably cost us.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Re funbles in practice, they’re not hitting much, particularly at this time of the season, so I would be surprised if players are fumbling much there.

Agree, but they have to consider everything they see all the way back to camp. Also when you look at someone like McKenzie, I'm sure he fields punts every practice. If he muffing a lot there? A lot to consider that we just have no way of knowing.

I will say that as far as fumbles...McKenzie has had issues. Breida has had issues. Singletary has had issues. Either these guys are not coachable or do not have the ability to improve or coaches aren't working enough on ball security with them IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.