McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

On 1/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, Thriftygamer83 said:

Sean McDermott is doing the best without Tre right now, he's doing the best with a small scale COVID outbreak, he's got players that didn't really work out, and yet he's winning and keeping the team going.  Look at how Atlanta has continually underperformed and even with a talented future hall of fame Quarterback in Ryan have taken out a majority of his talent and given them to contenders as he has to sit and watch them.  Matty Ice will be leaving someday and it won't be for retirement lots of teams would welcome him now.

I think we are overly critical of our players…just on the ‘players that didn’t really work out front’…dline is doing its job and has only looked average to me against the top tier offensive lines 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2022 at 12:40 AM, Big Turk said:

4 playoff appearances in 5 years after 0 in 17 years...yeah, how dreadful. Get rid of the bum.

I like Sean, but Marvin Lewis took Cinci out of the gutter and at one time had 5 straight playoff appearances.  

It's cool for now, but at some point it won't be enough.  Now is definitely not the time for this discussion as McDermott is a very good coach that has bought himself a good bit of time to get a Super Bowl win.

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I like Sean, but Marvin Lewis took Cinci out of the gutter and at one time had 5 straight playoff appearances.  

It's cool for now, but at some point it won't be enough.  Now is definitely not the time for this discussion as McDermott is a very good coach that has bought himself a good bit of time to get a Super Bowl win.

Marvin got bounced in the first round like every year didnt he? If we didn’t go to the afc championship last year I think McDermott would be on a bit tighter of a leash if we don’t do much this year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

57 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think we are overly critical of our players…just on the ‘players that didn’t really work out front’…dline is doing its job and has only looked average to me against the top tier offensive lines 

Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace were steals and have really worked out.  Johnson has moved into being that deadly threat of a physical threat in the corner backing and secondary.  Lamar learned that lesson when he though he could muscle a pass through him.  The defensive line has had injuries, with COVID, and we've been running big Nickel D now which catches lots of teams nowadays.  

59 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Marvin Lewis never got out of the wild card playoff round, what has McDermott done?  Go all the way to Championship right?  Yeah, I thought so he's a better Coach if you want to use that logic.

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace were steals and have really worked out.  Johnson has moved into being that deadly threat of a physical threat in the corner backing and secondary.  Lamar learned that lesson when he though he could muscle a pass through him.  The defensive line has had injuries, with COVID, and we've been running big Nickel D now which catches lots of teams nowadays.  

Marvin Lewis never got out of the wild card playoff round, what has McDermott done?  Go all the way to Championship right?  Yeah, I thought so he's a better Coach if you want to use that logic.

You read that one part and dismissed everything else I wrote.

Remember Tony Dungy with the Bucs?  How about Schottenheimer with San Diego?  That's not a place we want to be.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

On 1/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, Thriftygamer83 said:

Sean McDermott is doing the best without Tre right now, he's doing the best with a small scale COVID outbreak, he's got players that didn't really work out, and yet he's winning and keeping the team going.  Look at how Atlanta has continually underperformed and even with a talented future hall of fame Quarterback in Ryan have taken out a majority of his talent and given them to contenders as he has to sit and watch them.  Matty Ice will be leaving someday and it won't be for retirement lots of teams would welcome him now.

Matt Ryan HOF??? What??

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah. Matt belongs in the Hall of Decent Enough.

Much like in baseball where you'll start seeing a bunch of 400 home run hitters denied Cooperstown because we now realize you can be a power hitter and average at everything else, I think Matt Ryan will be the first QB with what used to be considered epic volume stats not make Canton.  Really really good career, a career to be proud of, but he doesn't pass the sniff test despite the stats.  

On 1/5/2022 at 1:39 AM, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Much like in baseball where you'll start seeing a bunch of 400 home run hitters denied Cooperstown because we now realize you can be a power hitter and average at everything else, I think Matt Ryan will be the first QB with what used to be considered epic volume stats not make Canton.  Really really good career, a career to be proud of, but he doesn't pass the sniff test despite the stats.  

And yet if Kyle Shanahan wasn't a moron Matt would be Canton bound, we all agree with that, right?

I tend to side with you that he is the kind of guy that will be a perennial HOF semi-finalist and never make it. But if he had that ring beating Belichick in the Superbowl he would be in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, GunnerBill said:

And yet if Kyle Shanahan wasn't a moron Matt would be Canton bound, we all agree with that, right?

I tend to side with you that he is the kind of guy that will be a perennial HOF semi-finalist and never make it. But if he had that ring beating Belichick in the Superbowl he would be in. 

Yeah but he did have a very costly fumble against them.  He doesn’t fumble, they still probably win the game

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He did, but they should never have been passing there. It was 75% on Shanny IMO.

I agree it was probably mostly on Shanny, but Ryan was a 9th year veteran at that time and should have known better as well.

All you #######s wanting McD fired should not be celebrating this victory or the division title.  You should go cry in your basement that someone still achieved something regardless of what your armchair coaching thought.

just my opinion, but F all you all that wants him fired.  I just want to enjoy watching this team be successful 

Note: I am posting this here so more people see it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.