Tiberius

1 hour ago, 716er said:

BUT THE LAHPTAHP 

they scream

WHAT'S A WOMAN

WHAT'S A MAN

in a thread dedicated to the war in Ukraine

PPP=shithole forum

Are you the guy who insinuated another poster was a pedo in the same thread?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Are you the guy who insinuated another poster was a pedo in the same thread?

Yeah, that was me who she accused of being a pedo.  But I consider the source so it's all good...

Ukraine claims it has blown up bridge in ambush of Russian armored convoy

The Ukrainian armed forces said Russian Tigr, Kamaz and Ural military vehicles were traveling over the bridge as they headed from Kharkiv to Izyum earlier this week when the span was blown up.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/14/ukraine-claims-it-blew-up-bridge-in-ambush-of-russian-convoy/

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ALF said:

Ukraine claims it has blown up bridge in ambush of Russian armored convoy

The Ukrainian armed forces said Russian Tigr, Kamaz and Ural military vehicles were traveling over the bridge as they headed from Kharkiv to Izyum earlier this week when the span was blown up.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/14/ukraine-claims-it-blew-up-bridge-in-ambush-of-russian-convoy/

The Russians are driving over bridges that they don’t even check for explosives? My God, no wonder the troop moral is low, this incompetence is stunning 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Russians are driving over bridges that they don’t even check for explosives? My God, no wonder the troop moral is low, this incompetence is stunning 

Lol dude they're abandoning tanks because they lack fuel.  Supposedly some troops are purposely injuring themselves to get out of fighting.   Russian troops are going through meatgrinder.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

At the rate things are going in that video Russia might invade Ukraine. 🤔

Sounds like there's still a key idiot avoiding the blame and consequences, I'm not going to name names but it rhymes with Pladimir Vutin.

• Like (+1) 1

Bout time, Joe 

What an incredibly stupid and unnecessarily expensive photo op.

Anything they need to talk about can be done by aids or through other, non personal contact.

Almost a guarantee that some Russian offensive move will be made during this visit that will damage the Ukraine as a form of a Putin slap.

Edited by sherpa
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Anything they need to talk about can be done by aids or through other, non personal contact.

At face value this does seem incredibly stupid. There certainly is more to it than just face value. 

The more I think about it, this is a move that shows superiority and dominance of our military over Russia. Showing vlad in a language he can understand, that it's over , go home, lick your wounds count your losses and call it a day. 

Even if Russia tries to nuke Kiev while  great grandpa Joe is there, we probably have some missile defense technology that will turn their missile into puppy's and rainbow balloons or something like that.   

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

At face value this does seem incredibly stupid. There certainly is more to it than just face value. 

The more I think about it, this is a move that shows superiority and dominance of our military over Russia. Showing vlad in a language he can understand, that it's over , go home, lick your wounds count your losses and call it a day. 

Even if Russia tries to nuke Kiev while  great grandpa Joe is there, we probably have some missile defense technology that will turn their missile into puppy's and rainbow balloons or something like that.   

We don't need to show him military superiority, and doing this wouldn't add anything that isn't obvious on a daily basis of their "performance."

What he would probably do is some kind of relatively large strike during this photo op that would damage the Ukraine and kill scores of them for no good reason.

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

We don't need to show him military superiority, and doing this wouldn't add anything that isn't obvious on a daily basis of their "performance."

What he would probably do is some kind of relatively large strike during this photo op that would damage the Ukraine and kill scores of them for no good reason.

Well, we can agree on that this is a stupid move, but there has to be a strategic reason behind this, other than a photo op. Or even just trolling Putin  

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Well, we can agree on that this is a stupid move, but there has to be a strategic reason behind this, other than a photo op. Or even just trolling Putin  

But it is Joe Biden we're talking about here. I would go with "stupid".

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Ya.

The strategic move involves the Nov mid terms.

Joe want to hitch his wagon to Zelenskyy, 

Not necessary and a waste of money, and again, the Russians would probably do something special during this thing that would cost a lot of lives.

Hopefully, it doesn't happen.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

Almost a guarantee that some Russian offensive move will be made during this visit that will damage the Ukraine as a form of a Putin slap.

Oh quiet 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh quiet 

Be glad to.

If you give any indication that you have any idea about any of this, I'd be most pleased to not respond.

Your weapon of the week club subscription isn't going to convince anyone.

These are very complicated issues, and a serious discussion suggests one knows something about them, as well as putting periods at the end of sentences.

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Be glad to.

If you give any indication that you have any idea about any of this, I'd be most pleased to not respond.

Your weapon of the week club subscription isn't going to convince anyone.

These are very complicated issues, and a serious discussion suggests one knows something about them, as well as putting periods at the end of sentences.

Thanks for offering so many insightful posts here, Sherpa. I have learned a lot from you in this thread, and I appreciate it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Thanks for offering so many insightful posts here, Sherpa. I have learned a lot from you in this thread, and I appreciate it.

Well thanks.

I want to point out that unless this thing ends or is toned down soon, we are getting very close to being at war with the Russians.

Using the number of times third party countries have provided weapons to their surrogates, this is getting close to direct conflict.

Vietnam was a surrogate war. Korea a  little less less so, but still.

Since then, the Middle East with Yom Kippur and the Six Day War are direct evidence of surrogate confrontation.

In my view, we are getting too close to direct confrontation, and Putin is near the end.

Best to be prudent here, and as horrible as it might be, let the combatants work it out without our direct involvement.

• Agree 1