Josh Allen currently leads all AFC QBs in Pro Bowl votes‼️

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Team sport bud! 

Or did Mac Jones have something to do with shutting out the last 4 opponents in the second half of games with his accuracy? 

Jones has been impressive by rookie standards but please let's not make the Pats recent success about him. 

Its funny how many folks thought Gugny was being serious, including you. :)

I still don’t get the hatred for a guy who is as close to a one man offense as there is in the national football league by half the people on this board.

You put Josh Allen in Dallas and the cowboys would win the super bowl put Dak Prescott on Buffalo we are probably third in the division 🙄

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I still don’t get the hatred for a guy who is as close to a one man offense as there is in the national football league by half the people on this board.

Half the people on this board hate Josh Allen? That's quite the perspective.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He is the most entertaining Qb playing today.  He has that Farve quality where any moment he can do something you never seen.  He can get out of a sack run to the sideline a throw a rocket 40 plus yards down field.  Pull it down and run 40 yards.  Drop back and fit a football through a needle point.  There are a generation of kids like Peyton Mannings son who’s favorite player is Allen.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You put Josh Allen in Dallas and the cowboys would win the super bowl put Dak Prescott on Buffalo we are probably third in the division 🙄

Thank you for your perspective Nostradamus. 

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

They don't even play the game anymore...

Ok? It’s about the honor coming from your peers and coaches… with recognition from the fans mixed in. 

Do you not care about the All-Pro team because they don’t play a game? 

Edited by JGMcD2

I'm not an aficionado of the Pro Bowl, and am unmoved by JA being in the lead.

I worry about injuries from DE looking to make name for themselves against an offensive line that has worked together for 5 days.

Now if we're talking MVP voting, that's meaningful... JA17 all the way baby.

17 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

No, All Pro honors meam more.

Why do they mean more?

All-Pro selections are chosen solely by football writers, many of whom have never played the game and are just fans of the sport.

Pro Bowl selections are chosen by peers, coaches and fans. 

Both mean something, but please explain to me why All-Pro means something and Pro Bowl means nothing? 

Edited by JGMcD2

On 12/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, Gugny said:

Mac Jones has been more accurate and has led his team to the top of the division.  Not sure if Josh deserves it, but maybe be can back in as an alternate.

Lol I can’t tell what’s satire anymore.  Josh’s follow up to his critically acclaimed 2020 season is to improve statistically with zero pass blocking and a limited run game 

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

All Pro honors are more prestigious, as well as less players make All Pro than Pro Bowl. Silly fan internet voting campaigns are not involed either. Hence, All Pro means more.

You realize the fan vote for the Pro Bowl is only 1/3 of the total vote. Whereas All-Pros are chosen entirely by writers… people not involved in the game. 

Your argument so far for why the Pro Bowl isn’t important has been…

1) Nobody plays in the game 

Rebuttal: There is no All-Pro Game so?

2) Stupid Fan Voting

Rebuttal: It’s 1/3 of the vote. 2/3 are from NFL players and coaches. Plus, writers who vote for All-Pros are… fans. 

3) Less All-Pros = More Prestigious

This would’ve been a great comment to make at first… but it was the 3rd thing you brought up 😂 

On 12/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, Sugar High JA17 said:

Pro Bowl Kinda sucks to put it lightly! But.......

NFL Pro Bowl Skills Challenge mostly in the 1990's was awesome to watch.

• NFL's Quarterback Challenge - as a teenager i wished Jim kelly won
  • NFL's Strongman Comp - was super cool too

Yes, I really enjoyed the skills challenge.  Didnt really give two craps about the actual pro bowl game back then either though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.