Breida 5 attempts 51 yards

Niagara Dude

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

TJ Yeldon is asking that same question. This staff struggles sometimes with personnel issues. Davis seeing so much less targets. This staff is madly in love with 2 very slow running backs. I can't figure it out?  If you gotta reduce snaps, let it be Moss after that drop today. 

It’s probably because moss and Singletary run all over our defense in practice. 🤫

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

On a bad weather day when you know throwing the ball is gonna be tough you still refuse to run the ball even when it’s working, that’s when you know you have a problem

Kind of reminds to the Bills Eagles blowout a few years ago. It's like they don't receive any weather reports throughout the week and pretend like the weather is going to be perfect outside. Then act surprised and try to call the same gameplay anyways. 

• Like (+1) 2

https://theathletic.com/2970405/2021/11/21/how-the-bills-run-defense-unraveled-against-the-colts-7-observations-from-sundays-blowout-loss?source=user-shared-article

5. Matt Breida deserves to supplant Moss as a top-two RB

The Bills’ running game wasn’t a big factor, but it’s hard to ignore how the backfield is trending. Initially, the Bills gave Devin Singletary and Zack Moss the first reps at running back and were hesitant to put Matt Breida on the field. But as the game continued, it was evident that the Bills were begging for a difference-maker with speed to help jump-start some things, and Breida was outstanding in limited chances.

On the other hand, Moss looked slow and indecisive and was decidedly ineffective. With how he has performed over the past two weeks, the Bills need to seriously consider making Breida their new 1B to Singletary’s 1A. Singletary at least made some people miss Sunday, while Moss is a nonfactor. Because Moss doesn’t play on special teams, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s a healthy scratch next week or in the future if his struggles continue against the Saints.

14 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yeah but can he run straight into Morse and fall backwards for no gain? 

Cause Moss can! 

what was that, start of the 3rd quarter?  i remember seeing that play, and just knowing this O was shot.

16 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why has brieda been inactive all year, When Moss has been this bad. Who is evaluating talent? 

It still blows my mind that we took Moss over someone like Darrell Henderson (4th round) who has some serious burst. And don't get me started on Taylor. I watched YouTube highlights and could tell that kid was a stud. I suspect these guys are banking on metrics too much and less on gut feeling about players. 

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

There is no starting RB on this team and the other problem is the interior line is a mess.  Brieda might help with outside runs but seriously he is not a pro bowler.

When you don’t put any emphasis on the running game, this is what you end up with.  Why would Beane waste a higher pick on a RB when this coaching staff couldn’t find a use for a Guard like Teller?  In consecutive drafts, Beane sat back and let the dynamic RB’s get gobbled up before he would pull the trigger.  Same with the Interior O-Linemen.  Clearly the organizational philosophy is not to care a lick about the running game.  So it’s no surprise this is what you get.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

Until Daboll and MCD pull there heads out of their collective butts and address the RB 1 & 2 position, we are not a playoff team this year.  Neither Singletary or Moss have earned the number one position. Period!!  Breida needs to take the number 1 spot.  You have 7 games left this year.  If Buffalo is too stubborn to make this change then they will not even make the playoffs.

This team is too afraid, and scared to make changes with their personnel.

I firmly believe that MCD and Beane are afraid to make players upset or unhappy in the locker room,  because of this so called new Bills culture.   

Let me tell you what this new culture has done.  It stops the team from becoming better.  When you stop a team from growing or utilizing talent that exists on their roster even though they might not be a starter you are done being a competitive team.

MCD is afraid to ruffle the feathers in the locker room, you get complacent and soft as a team,  because the players do not fear being replaced at their positions.

I would sit Singletary and Moss for the New Orleans game.  You have to start changing the attitude of these players and the rest of this team.  

They do not have any attitude and it shows on the field.

Moss needs to be a healthy scratch this Thursday.

Breida needs the RB#1 role for a entire game.  Until this happens this team will never improve because the coaches are too scared of change in the locker room.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Breida shouldn’t have taken himself out when he was tired. He did so on the drive when he had two really good runs. If I am fighting for PT, I am not leaving that field unless I am yanked off. 

I'm not sure he did, he seemed annoyed about it...I could be wrong but was thinking the same thing. 2nd half should've been a heavy dose of him as the featured back.

Both Breida and Singletary have been great when they actually get touches they produce, we just have a run challenged OC that refuses to run the ball and when he does it’s from the shotgun which makes it much harder for the back. For people saying we need a better back we could have Jonathan Taylor on the team and he would get 9 attempts a game because OC is allergic to the run! It’s all Daboll not the backs or even the o-line

Edited by Kingston Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, phxbacker said:

You and the whole bar i was sitting in. I think the problem is he sucks in pass protection and since we refuse to run the ball, its always pass protect. Which in a way is funny because he is a better pass catching RB so is better suited for a passing game ...

What ever happened to the miss direction plays with Mckenzie or Diggs or Beasley?

Why don't they put Gilliam in to block so Breida can catch out of the backfield? Two RB/3WR is an acceptable formation, last time I checked? It's just crazy they keep doing the same stuff that doesn't work over and over

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m confused with Daboll’s obsession with Moss & Singletary? Every time Singletary gets the ball I’m quietly I’m telling the tv “don’t fumble don’t fumble…” I’d rather Breida get a bulk of the carries w/ Moss as a short yardage back.

It’s the whole system, so many situational players in constant rotation. They look like Singletary between 20 and 20 and Moss between the 20 and goal line situations and pretty much any short yardage. 

Same can said for our DLine. It changes every week based on opponent. We have wasted high draft picks on guys who are hardly on the field. It’s frustrating. You want guys to grow and improve but how can they if only used in certain situations?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.