The most hyped 6-4 team ever

streetkings01

They actually remind me of BB teams in Cleveland pre-Brady. He had a pretty good team in '94 (Vinny Testaverde QB) that went 11-5, but lost to the Steelers 3x. Methodical, boring, shorten the game by running, physical D, don't make mistakes, have a good kicking game. It's actually his preferred style and many in the media seem to be pushing it as well (Charlie Weis).

Belichick's win totals without Brady per season

6,7,7,11(the above mentioned),5,5,7(last year), 7 this year, on pace for 10 or 11. See a pattern? Every fourth year.

I was just trying to remember if anyone has won the SB playing this style in recent years? You know Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells style. Looking at the list of SB Winners it doesn't seem like it happens very much to me anymore.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Where do you work at ?   Should we put any stock into your opinion ? 

I’ve seen nothing but Scott Law Jr takes from you to this point.    

Stop being so sensitive. The Bills losing games has cost them not only an AFC home championship game but likely the division. Time to start accepting that this team is not cake-walking anywhere.

Edited by Jpsredemption

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

They actually remind me of BB teams in Cleveland pre-Brady. He had a pretty good team in '94 (Vinny Testaverde QB) that went 11-5, but lost to the Steelers 3x. Methodical, boring, shorten the game by running, physical D, don't make mistakes, have a good kicking game. It's actually his preferred style and many in the media seem to be pushing it as well (Charlie Weis).

6,7,7,11(the above mentioned),5,5,7(last year), 7 this year, on pace for 10 or 11. See a pattern? Every fourth year.

I was just trying to remember if anyone has won the SB playing this style in recent years? You know Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells style. Looking at the list of SB Winners it doesn't seem like it happens very much to me anymore.

Well the Pats did win a SB where Michel was the catalyst for the victory.. 

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Stop being so sensitive. The Bills losing games has cost them not only an AFC home championship game but likely the division. Time to start accepting that this team is not cake-walking anywhere.

The team in first is “likely” to lose the division ? 

Seems logical.    Have any numbers to back that up ? 

A statistical breakdown of the Patriots.

1st Qtr 5-4-2 (55-44) (5.0-4.0)

2nd Qtr 6-3-2 (96-48) (8.7-4.4)

3rd Qtr 3-6-2 (44-44) (4.0-4.0)

4th Qtr 8-0-3 (105-35) (9.5-3.2)

OT 0-1-0 (0-6) 

Since week 5 the Patriots haven’t lost a game in regulation and have outscored teams 229-107, and during their 5 game win streak 175-50. 

The Patriots have yet to be outscored in the 4th Qtr.

They are formidable and well built after an offseason cash splurge. Like so many Belichick teams the strength is the defense and the offense making minimal mistakes. It’s boring football but a proven strategy. Rookie Baremore is dominant. The running game is solid, and the OL TE & WRs can block. 

Mac Jones aka Captain Checkdown is raw but he completes 70% of his passes and can hit the deep ball on occasion. 

The formula to beat this Patriots team is similar to what we will need to do against the Colts Sunday. Sellout to stop the run, and force the QB to out dual Allen. 

5 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Denver did it. Also on the Bill years without Brady you have to include the 11 win season Brady missed. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

See again....the patriots offense option isn't Mac. It's the running game. Beside you guys, the Pats played Brown and Panthers, two top defenses and like you said the Browns D-line is better. Look at the pats run stats-against the Browns and Panthers. Against the panthers they rushed for 151 yards. Using 3 backs. Stevenson had 62/Bolden had 54 and harris had 30

against the browns they ran for 184 yards. Stevenson had 100/Bourne had 43 and bolden  had 32. Harris did not play he was injured and he is their top back. It's Harris/Stevenson then bolden....

They are going old school this year. Run and defense. The pass is complimentary like a jab to a boxer. The pass is not how they are trying to beat you if they can help it. 

What makes you think they wouldn't? You have no idea how they are going to play. Or as  I said, if the were schemed into playing that way. You do not know. 

Really?  So you know exactly how your team will play but I can't have feelings that I doubt my team shows up for 6 points ever again?

21 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Really?  So you know exactly how your team will play but I can't have feelings that I doubt my team shows up for 6 points ever again?

What you read was me telling you "strategically" how the patriots play or will like to play. Completely different than talking about effort or playing with emotion. And come on man...you now telling me because "you're" saying they won't score 6 points again, that means they won't? You for real? 

I heard a few fans on this board say the pats can't score more then 15 or 17  a game at the beginning of the season....well looks like that is completely wrong. My point, you can't predict for sure the outcome of these games. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

22 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

A statistical breakdown of the Patriots.

1st Qtr 5-4-2 (55-44) (5.0-4.0)

2nd Qtr 6-3-2 (96-48) (8.7-4.4)

3rd Qtr 3-6-2 (44-44) (4.0-4.0)

4th Qtr 8-0-3 (105-35) (9.5-3.2)

OT 0-1-0 (0-6) 

Since week 5 the Patriots haven’t lost a game in regulation and have outscored teams 229-107, and during their 5 game win streak 175-50. 

The Patriots have yet to be outscored in the 4th Qtr.

They are formidable and well built after an offseason cash splurge. Like so many Belichick teams the strength is the defense and the offense making minimal mistakes. It’s boring football but a proven strategy. Rookie Baremore is dominant. The running game is solid, and the OL TE & WRs can block. 

Mac Jones aka Captain Checkdown is raw but he completes 70% of his passes and can hit the deep ball on occasion. 

The formula to beat this Patriots team is similar to what we will need to do against the Colts Sunday. Sellout to stop the run, and force the QB to out dual Allen. 

I think your wrong by putting the ball in Allen’s hands against NE. If anything the weakness has been against the run.  Also the Bills want success at home in the playoffs and snow.. you need to run.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, Greg S said:

Marino was a much better QB then Game Manager Jones.

Ya and Kelly was much better than Josh “I haven’t done anything yet” Allen.   

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I love how the media is hyping up that D so much.

Like dude, they don't even have the best D in their division!!

We're going to make it a longgggg day for Mac. 

Really the Pats have played 2 more games and given up like 40 more points..  oh and are 2nd in the NFL in points per game.. which may change after Sunday depending on how your team does. 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think your wrong by putting the ball in Allen’s hands against NE. If anything the weakness has been against the run.  Also the Bills want success at home in the playoffs and snow.. you need to run.

The elite QBs in the league advance every year and the Pats don’t have one right now. Buffalo won’t be running all that much. People are asking a bit much from this Pat’s team.

Edited by Governor

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ya and Kelly was much better than Josh “I haven’t done anything yet” Allen.   

Really the Pats have played 2 more games and given up like 40 more points..  oh and are 2nd in the NFL in points per game.. which may change after Sunday depending on how your team does. 

I respect the D and of course Belicheck but we have the better O and D. 

Anything can happen this game but I just can't see Mac or the RBs scoring much. 

I'd say 20 or less. Likely in that 10-17 range

Allen n the O embarrassed yall on your field last year. I'm Sure Bill spent a bit more time constructing a gameplan for Allen compared to other QBs. 

We only played 3 of the same teams.

Fins vs NE - NE allowed 17 points. Bills allowed 0 and 11 in w games!

NE vs Jets x2 - NE allowed 13 and 6 pts. 19 total. Bills allowed 17 in 1 (2nd stringers came in the 4th. 

Texans- NE allowed 22. Bills allowed another 0

Pretty close. Looking forward to both games!!!!!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

What you read was me telling you "strategically" how the patriots play or will like to play. Completely different than talking about effort or playing with emotion. And come on man...you now telling me because "you're" saying they won't score 6 points again, that means they won't? You for real? 

I heard a few fans on this board say the pats can't score more then 15 or 17  a game at the beginning of the season....well looks like that is completely wrong. My point, you can't predict for sure the outcome of these games. 

What you read was me telling you "I doubt they will play bad enough to only score 6 points again. "  That doesnt mean they wont.  What that means is that I have faith enough in my team that I dont think they will.  You are the one that brought up them playing bad, not me.

What is a few fans?  Is that a big deal in the grand scheme of things?  I bet you have a few fans that already put a gold jacket on Mac Jones with 10 super bowl rings.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills only need to run enough to show that they can run so a defense has to at least think about it.  If your team had Josh Allen, Diggs, Beasley, Knox, Sanders, Davis... are you really telling me you would want Moss or Singletary to get 20+ carries a game behind this O line?  Oh hell no.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.