SNF: Chiefs in Vegas

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you think Mayock should have predicted Ruggs getting plastered, driving excessively recklessly, and killing someone?

Or his CB going full-on Gangsta on TikTok and waving guns around while threatening to kill someone?

It’s proven to be “the Raider Way.”

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you think Mayock should have predicted Ruggs getting plastered, driving excessively recklessly, and killing someone?

Or his CB going full-on Gangsta on TikTok and waving guns around while threatening to kill someone?

No I’m not saying he should’ve predicted that any of those things would’ve happened.  But you are a GM and you and the scouting department had a Job to do extensive background checks on these guys before drafting them.  Also Ferrell was drafted way too high as most analysts had him ranked as a late 1st round to early second round pick and you took him top 5-10. Also Jacobs has been injure prone and hasn’t been able to stay healthy and available. You traded away Mack and then complained about not having any form of pass rush etc then you Trade your MVP center in Hudson. And too boot you haven’t been able to entice any top tier free agents to sign with you. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No I’m not saying he should’ve predicted that any of those things would’ve happened.  But you are a GM and you and the scouting department had a Job to do extensive background checks on these guys before drafting them.  Also Ferrell was drafted way too high as most analysts had him ranked as a late 1st round to early second round pick and you took him top 5-10. Also Jacobs has been injure prone and hasn’t been able to stay healthy and available. You traded away Mack and then complained about not having any form of pass rush etc then you Trade your MVP center in Hudson. And too boot you haven’t been able to entice any top tier free agents to sign with you. 

Trading Mack and their center was just dumb

But again, as far as the character issues, that’s what I’m asking - were there known character issues with these guys?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess that’s what I’m asking - I don’t follow college football so I wouldn’t know - were these guys known character issues?

Arnette was.  He had some major character concerns and was considered a reach in the 1st round by Mayock/Gruden.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No I’m not saying he should’ve predicted that any of those things would’ve happened.  But you are a GM and you and the scouting department had a Job to do extensive background checks on these guys before drafting them. 

I have no issue with your other points. I agree with them. However, this part, either its on him or its not. These sentences conflict.

If character issues were identified, you can put it on him for not choosing to not draft them, but at that point you are rolling dice anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But again, as far as the character issues, that’s what I’m asking - were there known character issues with these guys?

In terms of Ruggs None that were reported to the media. But for a CB to threaten to kill people on video while holding a gun means there were red flags and maybe Mayock and the scouting department didn’t do a good job doing a background check or himself and Gruden didn’t care about his problems and looked the other way. Ruggs was from his own stupidity. I don’t blame Mayock for ruggs but from drafting Ferrell to Arnette , to trading Mack and then Hudson I definitely hold him responsible for

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In terms of Ruggs None that were reported to the media. But for a CB to threaten to kill people on video while holding a gun means there were red flags and maybe Mayock and the scouting department didn’t do a good job doing a background check or himself and Gruden didn’t care about his problems and looked the other way. Ruggs was from his own stupidity. I don’t blame Mayock for ruggs but from drafting Ferrell to Arnette , to trading Mack and then Hudson I definitely hold him responsible for

They couldn’t afford Mack. It wasn’t a football decision 

37 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They couldn’t afford Mack. It wasn’t a football decision 

It technically was a bit of both. They overpaid for an average QB when instead they should’ve paid Mack. 

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

Raiders shot themselves in the foot so many times. Pretty pathetic.

I may sound like a Carr hater, but I think this game proves why you can’t rely on him to win you the big games you need to win. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It technically was a bit of both. They overpaid for an average QB when instead they should’ve paid Mack. 

I may sound like a Carr hater, but I think this game proves why you can’t rely on him to win you the big games you need to win. 

Agreed. Carr for sure isn't a top QB. He can have big games and wins, but he definately isn't someone who can put the team on his back.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Agreed. Carr for sure isn't a top QB. He can have big games and wins, but he definately isn't someone who can put the team on his back.

I’ve always said he’s a poor mans Ryan Fitzpatrick only with a stronger arm. He’ll put up the nice stats, but like Fitz he makes a lot/ the same mental errors and mistakes and refuses to adjust. He can’t read defenses and he can’t handle pressure. I’m shocked he’s lasted as long as he has with the Raiders. Now he’s 52-67 as a starter. 

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I disagree.  Mack wasn't as valuable to that team as the assets  he commanded in trade.  The Bears paid a hefty price for Mack, yet they have gotten steadily worse (and worse on D) in 3 of the 4 years he's been there. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I disagree.  Mack wasn't as valuable to that team as the assets  he commanded in trade.  The Bears paid a hefty price for Mack, yet they have gotten steadily worse (and worse on D) in 3 of the 4 years he's been there. 

I disagree on this. The only reason Chicago has progressed to get worse is due to bad QB play and bad coaching. There was a point where the Bears had a top 10 defense  going into the playoffs but no consistency at the QB position. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I disagree on this. The only reason Chicago has progressed to get worse is due to bad QB play and bad coaching. There was a point where the Bears had a top 10 defense  going into the playoffs but no consistency at the QB position. 

Panthers have a bad coach and bad QB play, but a top 6 D in scoring.

That playoff year they had Nagy and Trubisky.  Obviously Trubisky got worse.  But there's no question that the D has steadily worsened despite Mack in his prime.  The Bears D was top 10 the year before they traded for Mack but their Offense was awful.  The next season, the Offense was top 10 in scoring.  It fell off after that, as did the D.  Bears have nothing to show for the Mack trade.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Panthers have a bad coach and bad QB play, but a top 6 D in scoring.

That playoff year they had Nagy and Trubisky.  Obviously Trubisky got worse.  But there's no question that the D has steadily worsened despite Mack in his prime.  The Bears D was top 10 the year before they traded for Mack but their Offense was awful.  The next season, the Offense was top 10 in scoring.  It fell off after that, as did the D.  Bears have nothing to show for the Mack trade.

Neither do the raiders. I think we can agree both teams have nothing to show for on the Mack trade. Although I think the major loser in that trade is the raiders due to their pass rush being non existent since Mack left. Also to add at least Mack has made the playoffs a couple of times since being with the Bears. The raiders haven’t even sniffed the playoffs minus the 2016 season with Mack. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Neither do the raiders. I think we can agree both teams have nothing to show for on the Mack trade. Although I think the major loser in that trade is the raiders due to their pass rush being non existent since Mack left. Also to add at least Mack has made the playoffs a couple of times since being with the Bears. The raiders haven’t even sniffed the playoffs minus the 2016 season with Mack. 

The Bears went to the playoffs 2 years ago at 8-8.  So what? 

The asset in the trade for the Raiders was the pick haul.  The asset for the Bears was a player.  I'm not saying that the Raiders used the picks well, because that's beside the point.  When your trying to build a team and your best player is on Defense, it's reasonable to get what you can for him. 

I would argue that the Bears should have traded Mack as he holds very little value for them currently.  They are a steadily worsening team on which he's a hood ornament.  A single gold tooth in a meth head's mouth.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bears went to the playoffs 2 years ago at 8-8.  So what? 

The asset in the trade for the Raiders was the pick haul.  The asset for the Bears was a player.  I'm not saying that the Raiders used the picks well, because that's beside the point.  When your trying to build a team and your best player is on Defense, it's reasonable to get what you can for him. 

I would argue that the Bears should have traded Mack as he holds very little value for them currently.  They are a steadily worsening team on which he's a hood ornament.  A single gold tooth in a meth head's mouth.

If the Bears had drafted Mahomes, it would have been a fantastic trade.  It didn't work out because Trubisky busted.  But, IMO, the logic was sound.  Pay that money with a promising QB on a rookie deal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.