SNF: Chiefs in Vegas

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think you have to fire Mayock, his and grudens draft picks ( minus a couple) have not panned out. 

The question is whether NFL Network brings him back after his tenure with Raiders and his drafting

Also, the Raiders have fallen off a cliff. Bottom ten team in the league right now

13 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In terms of Ruggs None that were reported to the media. But for a CB to threaten to kill people on video while holding a gun means there were red flags and maybe Mayock and the scouting department didn’t do a good job doing a background check or himself and Gruden didn’t care about his problems and looked the other way. Ruggs was from his own stupidity. I don’t blame Mayock for ruggs but from drafting Ferrell to Arnette , to trading Mack and then Hudson I definitely hold him responsible for

The filming of Ruggs during the draft said it all about him. First, he wore a white bathrobe. Second, he didn't look too happy when he was drafted. Third, his brother noticably looked mad the Raiders picked him. His camp basically went viral for acting a fool. I remember thinking that those were some red flags. The fact even one person in his circle was noticably upset on camera that one team picked him said it all.  

Obviously, the Raiders couldn't have predicted that after they drafted him. But they most likely didn't do their full diligence on looking into the player and his background.

Edited by Rumblinstumblin

Somewhere Nick Wright is filled with glee like a giddy school girl boasting about the Chiefs being the odds on SB favorite again.

But just like with the Bills, still not sure I would say the Chiefs belong back in the championship picture again although their past history gives more credence to this than the Bills since they are a proven championship team.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

If the Bears had drafted Mahomes, it would have been a fantastic trade.  It didn't work out because Trubisky busted.  But, IMO, the logic was sound.  Pay that money with a promising QB on a rookie deal. 

Maybe...if  they ended up with Hill, Hunt and Kelce also.  Mahomes would be less "magic" with Robinson, Montgomery, Patterson. and a mediocre D featuring Mack.  Not a SB team.

You can't build a contender around one Defensive star on an expensive trade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rumblinstumblin said:

The question is whether NFL Network brings him back after his tenure with Raiders and his drafting

Also, the Raiders have fallen off a cliff. Bottom ten team in the league right now

Mayock was a very good analyst. I’m sure NFL network would let him come back if he gets ***** canned

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I disagree.  Mack wasn't as valuable to that team as the assets  he commanded in trade.  The Bears paid a hefty price for Mack, yet they have gotten steadily worse (and worse on D) in 3 of the 4 years he's been there. 

Enh ... the 2018 Bears were a legit SB contender, and Mack was the best player on that team. They were bad the year before, and he helped take them the next level. Who knows how far they would have gotten if they didn't have that FG disaster vs Philly. And he's hardly the problem there now; he's continuing to play at a very high level. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Enh ... the 2018 Bears were a legit SB contender, and Mack was the best player on that team. They were bad the year before, and he helped take them the next level. Who knows how far they would have gotten if they didn't have that FG disaster vs Philly. And he's hardly the problem there now; he's continuing to play at a very high level. 

💯. It’s not Mack or the defense that’s the problem, it’s the QB position and the HC that’s the problem 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The problem is that, 4 years later, he's still the best player on that team. 

A legit SB contender doesn't lose a WC game on a missed FG.  And after that season, their Offense fell apart and their D has been sliding firmly to mediocre.  He's not the problem, but his presence at this point solves none either.  Their record this year doubtfully gets worse if they traded him before the deadline and hw would have brought some draft capital for next year.  They need help on O and D.

Hey at least they can't go 8-8 a third year in a row, I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.