Big Ben to Covid List, out vs Lions

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Did he get tested just minutes ago or this morning? 
is he home or at the hotel

Don't know, but he says he's vaccinated (for reals, not like Aaron Rodgers)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/13/sport/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-reserve-list/index.html

The reserve/Covid-19 list is for players who either test positive for the Covid or who have been in close contact with someone who is infected.

To my understanding, if Big Ben is vaccinated and a close contact, he would not have to go on the Covid list.  But, he would then have to test daily for 5 days.  That would usually be done first thing in the morning.

At a guess from the timing, Roethlisberger developed a symptom that could be Covid so they tested him immediately and "whoops!"

But it's also possible that he tested positive this am and they didn't announce it until now because they were re-checking a 2nd sample.

1 hour ago, RunJoshRun said:

Hopefully the hapless Lions will give the Steelers a good game.

HEY!  They're not MY Lions!

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/13/steelers-lions-nfl-covid-ben-roethlisberger/

However, since Roethlisberger was a full participant on Friday’s practice, there’s a chance he exposed some of his teammates. The team will take COVID-19 tests on Sunday morning and there is a possibility, albeit a longshot, that other players will test positive prior to the game.

The team can take some comfort that they are taking on the winless Lions but even against a bad team, Pittsburgh can only absorb so many losses. This will be a situation to monitor right up until kickoff. We will keep you up to date on all the latest information as it becomes available.

11 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'm betting he's at a frat party right now.

Looking to slip some hottie a ruffie ;)

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You're going to screw up my Alabama vs. Detroit Lions game negotiations. 🤨

Relegation day ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.