I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

From Peter King’s column this morning: ‘One coach told me over the weekend he thinks the Patriots are better than the Bills. “Excellent, deep defense,” he said, “and Mac Jones is every bit as good as Joe Burrow.” Interesting. The Pats are a half-game behind Buffalo, but there’s one important standings factor to remember: Buffalo hasn’t played the Jets yet, and New England has finished with the Jets. Jones has been terrific, quickly. Bills-Pats, twice in 21 days in December, should be fun.’

I have a very bad feeling about this Pats team, which like the Bills has an elite defense. But they have an offense is far more effectively multiple than the Bills. And Mac Jones is for real. The evidence is in: he is already a pretty good QB and arguably even a good one (with no qualifications). Also, to counter King, the Bills are finished with Miami, who are just as bad as the Jets (who have least beat a couple of winning teams). I know Miami beat them in week one, but NE was the better team in that game and should have won except for an inexplicable fumble (they could have kneeled at that point).

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Pats are built on offense to play well against the light, pass-focused defenses of today’s NFL.  Two good tight ends, power backs, and linemen who can run block - they found the inefficiency in the market and exploited it.  They also have an identity on offense and a QB who plays within the structure (because he has to).  They are dangerous for sure, and that’s just on offense…

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Who cares about the pats. Worry about winning against the Jets. 

you can take no one for granted after Sunday.

??? - the Bills have to play them twice and pretty soon. And they are in our division. The team needs to focus on the Jets now, but last I checked neither you nor I is in on the team.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Don't really care about the Pats. They are not actually a threat.

Why?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

??? - the Bills have to play them twice and pretty soon. And they are in our division. The team needs to focus on the Jets now, but last I checked neither you nor I is in on the team.

Why?

Why would the Pats be a threat? The Bills just have to win games and the Pats can't catch up. 

The only threat to the Bills is themselves.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Patriots are winning the division.  The rest of NFL has Bills figured out.  Stop Josh and the passing game.  We have no RBs or Oline to beat that.  Right now, Im guessing Bills have losing record over back 8

Someone said yesterday that it's like watching the 90's Dolphins. I threw up a little but *****

• Haha (+1) 1

The only surprising thing is that people are surprised that the Pats are a threat.   Once they named Jones the starter, we should have known the Pats would be trouble.  Jones was a Brady-style QB, and when he was elevated and Cam let go, it was a message that Jones could do what Belichick demands.   

If the Bills are going to have success this season, they've got to win some really tough games ahead of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LeviF said:

Someone said yesterday that it's like watching the 90's Dolphins. I threw up a little but *****

I remember a long time ago, Jets were 10-1.  Pete Axthelm(sic) said "The Jets will not win another game"  and he was right.  Thats the sick feeling I have now

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Why would the Pats be a threat? The Bills just have to win games and the Pats can't catch up. 

The only threat to the Bills is themselves.

1) did you not read the OP post?  It goes into detail as to why they are a threat.  go read it and report back.

2) the Bills just lost to the Jags.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

We can hate them all we want but that is a good organization. Coaching is excellent. Never once have I seen them trot out an O-line as pathetic as what the Bills did yesterday - and with a few exceptions, mid to late round guys. I like Jones. I don’t agree that he is Joe Burrow good, but he can execute that offence. He is prolly more than just a game manager. The key when playing them is to stop the run. Our secondary should be able to handle their passing game. 
With our O line issues I shudder to think what Judon will do to Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

1) did you not read the OP post?  It goes into detail as to why they are a threat.  go read it and report back.

2) the Bills just lost to the Jags.

You can go ahead and think they are a threat. 

Don't get angry that everyone isn't afraid of the Pats. People become Dbags when someone isn't afraid of a team and that is what you are showing.

Edited by TBBills
  • Dislike 5

The Pats play the sort of disciplined football that this current iteration of the Bills just can't figure out.  A good friend of mine is a Pats fan, and in fact worked for the team for years.  He's as sober as they come when it comes to football analysis and is way out on top of our pick 6 league.  he watched the Bills the last few weeks and said there's a cancer on that team that nobody is talking about but you can see it on the field.  At first I told him he was crazy but not, not so sure!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.