Running game...why do we never run outside

Hebert19

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s worked so well for us.

I just watched GB run for first down on 3rd and 6.  When was the last time we had a rb run for first down 3rd and 6?

I wish we had GB OL. Was the run from that 5th round RB Jones?

Edited by MAJBobby

39 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Like ever.  I know we don't have speed RBs but ***** let a TE or WR seal the edge and give them a chance to do something different. 

Draw up the gut.  

Seems like only play we have. 

My gut tells me we have a lot more josh under Center next week. 

Brieda is one of the fastest RB's in the league.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2019/REG/all

47 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Like ever.  I know we don't have speed RBs but ***** let a TE or WR seal the edge and give them a chance to do something different. 

Draw up the gut.  

Seems like only play we have. 

My gut tells me we have a lot more josh under Center next week. 

We pretty conclusively showed last season that we simply don’t have the speed at RB to get outside

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He is, and they tried him in the Steelers game and he got 4 yds on 4 carries.  So either he’s lost a step or they concluded the rest of the ingredients he needs weren’t there

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

They are probably not using McKenzie on the jet sweeps to minimize injury risk to him since he is the returner with no other real option at that position. 

For a team who is obsessed with special teams this is a ***** answer.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd like to see Singletary actually get 15 plus carries a game.  He has averaged 3.6 ypc on first and then 6.8 ypc on 2nd down.  He does not have one single carry on 3rd or 4th down.  He has ripped off a 10 plus yard run in in 5 of our 8 games even though he had 7 or less carries in half our games.  As far as running to the corners I'd have to say if you have 4 wr's out there all the time you likely have defenders out there with them.  If we had 2 wr's and 2 te's we'd probably have more defenders in the middle of the field and some chance of sealing the edge and getting to the outside.  With all the safety over the top coverage it also would make it hard to break a longer run outside because the safeties aren't in the box to get sucked up in the blocking.  If our line could block in the first place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.