Manning Jinx -- Josh has to break it!!! Update jinx still lives!

BillsFanThru-N-Thru

Every NFL player that was a guest on the Manning cast has lost their next game!!  Josh will break the jinx!!!

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/11/manning-cast-curse-can-bills-josh-allen-end-jinx-that-tom-brady-matt-stafford-russell-wilson-have-succumbed-to.html

Week 1 guest: Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Week 2 result: 33-30 overtime loss to Tennessee Titans

Week 1 guest: Chiefs TE Travis Kelce
Week 2 result: 36-35 loss to Baltimore Ravens

Week 2 guest: Tampa Bay Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski
Week 3 result: 34-24 loss to Los Angeles Rams

Week 3 guest: Los Angeles Rams QB Matt Stafford
Week 4 result: 37-20 loss to Arizona Cardinals

Week 7 guest: Buccaneers QB Tom Brady
Week 8 result: 36-27 loss to New Orleans Saints

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru

18 minutes ago, teef said:

they are gene?

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

People see patterns in randomness that simply are not there. It's how our brains try to make sense of our environment. There are too many raw variables to take into accout, so our brains tend to package things in ways to dumb them down so our conscious mind can interpret/handle.

Jinxes are fake news.

Wow, Gene was serious. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they can't beat the Jags...

Definitely an excellent test for the validity of the jinx. I say probably less powerful than announcer talking about how a kicker hasn't missed in twenty straight attempts and certainly not Madden cover strong, but you never know. Small sample size and most likely, as the optimist Gene has pointed out, all this is random. Stochastic incident, however, has never appealed to civilization, which prefers magical connections on the etheric plane as tips for betting.

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Every time the opponent has more points at the end of the game, the Bills lose

That seems like a pattern in randomness - might be a jinx.

How many times have the Bills lost when they have more points at the end of the game?

Reading this board sometimes - I think it is frequent.

😂

26 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

People see patterns in randomness that simply are not there. It's how our brains try to make sense of our environment. There are too many raw variables to take into accout, so our brains tend to package things in ways to dumb them down so our conscious mind can interpret/handle.

Jinxes are fake news.

thank you for your time and sorting this out.  you're a valuable member of this community, and your accomplishments don't go unnoticed.

16 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Wow, Gene was serious. 

gene is all business, all the time.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

I have a feeling the Bills D may win the game all by themselves.  I think all Josh & Co. need to deliver is a couple of field goals.  🤪

I want a nice comfortable blowout. It was no fun watching a 3-3 game into the 3rd quarter being nervous that the Bills might blow it. Just when you think you can relax at 17-3 the fish come right back and make it 17-11 and its nervous time again. I don't want that this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Definitely an excellent test for the validity of the jinx. I say probably less powerful than announcer talking about how a kicker hasn't missed in twenty straight attempts and certainly not Madden cover strong, but you never know. Small sample size and most likely, as the optimist Gene has pointed out, all this is random. Stochastic incident, however, has never appealed to civilization, which prefers magical connections on the etheric plane as tips for betting.

Everytime they mentions JA's no turnover streak in the red zone I hold my breath. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Jinxes are fake news.

can you dumb this down further? im having a hard time interpreting

• BillsFanThru-N-Thru changed the title to Manning Jinx -- Josh has to break it!!! Update jinx still lives!
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.