Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

will Julio Jones be back?  

Will Milano play, although Klien may be one of the best depth signings ever.  

I like White on Brown in coverage, I think we can stack up a bit more against D. Henry and I'd put Dane Jackson even perhaps over Wallace if needed (Jackson appears to be a better tackler, IMO).  

Overall, I think we win, by a lot.  35-14.  

20 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah, Levi needs to improve his tackling

I dont think this is true.  He only missed 3 tackles all of 2020.  Do you have data for this season.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I obviously want the Bills to win every game, but I REALLY want them to win this one. I think I want the Bills to win this game even more than I wanted them to beat the Chiefs.

That game last year and all the circumstances surrounding it (especially the way the Titans players acted) just left such a bad taste in my mouth. I want the Bills to whoop their ass so bad.

• Like (+1) 3

I count three matchups left on the remaining Bills schedule that could be considered "tough". If not tough, they are at least not sure victories. The Titans, Bucs, and Saints. I'm not saying we'll lose all three -- I don't think we will. I'm just saying that I fully expect to win every game other than the ones I just listed. Even assuming we lost all three, that would put us at 13-4 on the year. I expect that 14-3 is more likely, with one more legitimate loss somewhere in the season and a week 18 loss possible because we're resting all our starters for the playoffs.

That having been said...

Mike Vrabel is a douche canoe. The Titans are dirty. Their fans are clown shoes. Please, Bills....Please go kick their asses up and down the field. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Bills looked downright sleepy when we played the Titans last season. The Steelers game, week one, reminded me a lot of that game. 

This last victory vs KC does nothing to assuage my anxiety over this game. The Titans can run hot or cold, and they’ve been a bit cold this season. They’ve been cold this season, but they were pretty hot vs the Jags. Of course… Jags…

I know McD and the Bills are going to focus, and travel to Tennessee ready. I want to see a decisive win, without injury. Go into the bye, then come out and hand Miami another humiliating shutout— this time in our house

I don’t know if it was sleepy. I think it has to do with the circumstances. I think they were maybe somewhat timid/nervous. I remember seeing Sean McDermott and a number of other coaches + players in double masks on the sideline, so I think that covid outbreak was probably on their mind (and rightfully so).

The Titans also came out super fired up. They talked about how they had an “us against the world” mentality and had a chip on their shoulder from all the bad press. I remember because it really pissed me off that They were trying to play the victim card after they blatantly violated a bunch of covid protocols and it caused an outbreak. The Bills were the ones who got screwed IMO.

I hope the Bills come out with a huge chip on their shoulders for this game. I’m pretty confident they will.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

This is beautiful

The fact that Thuney (fractured hand), Kelce (rocked), Hill (knee) and CEH (knee) all were injured in the game, tells me who bullied whom..  Not sure the extent of the injuries, but I was surprised to see Hill and Thuney listed in Monday write ups..  Oh and Patrick with the happy feet, play after play after play..

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, wjag said:

The fact that Thuney (fractured hand), Kelce (rocked), Hill (knee) and CEH (knee) all were injured in the game, tells me who bullied who..  Not sure the extent of the injuries, but I was surprised to see Hill and Thuney listed in Monday write ups..  Oh and Patrick with the happy feet, play after play after play..

He did have happy feet...or was at least rushing...and that's the reason the narrative that the interception was all because Hill dropped it really bothers me.  I have seen Mahomes calmly float the ball out in front of Hill so he can grab in stride while keeping his eyes down field.  However, on this play Mahomes seemed to rush throwing it and threw it on a line and hard, I think before Hill was really ready for it.  Also, though they were playing deep, Hyde and someone else (Edmunds maybe?) were closing fast on Hill and I think he felt rushed to grab it before getting lit up.  Yes, it is a ball he SHOULD catch but it was not an unforced error to use the tennis terminology.  That's what pressure does and it's what we lacked in last year's game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I obviously want the Bills to win every game, but I REALLY want them to win this one. I think I want the Bills to win this game even more than I wanted them to beat the Chiefs.

That game last year and all the circumstances surrounding it (especially the way the Titans players acted) just left such a bad taste in my mouth. I want the Bills to whoop their ass so bad.

I am so bitter about last year’s game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am so bitter about last year’s game.

Last years game was meh for me.  Almost like I was more irritated with the situation on not knowing if they play Tuesday night and/or Thursday night.  

Big key this year vs last is who was out last year.

Moss, Brown, Milano, White, and Wallace (IR at the time) all did not play.  And Allen had a sling on his shoulder while playing in Rain.

And we also had Norman running as our #1 CB......

Going to be interesting if we have a healthy (or more healthy) team compared to last years game.

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Last years game was meh for me.  Almost like I was more irritated with the situation on not knowing if they play Tuesday night and/or Thursday night.  

Moss, Milano, White all did not play.  And Allen had a sling on his shoulder while playing in Rain.

And we also had Norman running as our #2 CB.

Going to be interesting if we have a healthy (or more healthy) team compared to last years game.

Agreed. We are healthy and trending up. I still don’t think we have played a complete game yet, as scary as that is. 

BTW, what really drove me nuts last year were all those long Tanny runs. 

3 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Moss, Milano, White all did not play.  And Allen had a sling on his shoulder while playing in Rain.

And we also had Norman running as our #2 CB.

Wallace was out last year as well. Norman was our #1 CB lol. They had him matched up one on one against AJ Brown at times and that went poorly of course.

Also, John Brown was out and that was significant because Andre Roberts had to play and Josh threw an early interception that went off Andre Roberts hands. I believe they immediately threw a TD to Brown while he was being covered by Norman.

We have better depth and better health this year. Should be a very different result.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. We are healthy and trending up. I still don’t think we have played a complete game yet, as scary as that is. 

BTW, what really drove me nuts last year were all those long Tanny runs. 

They had zero contain on tannehill last year 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, patzen said:

Wallace was out last year as well. Norman was our #1 CB lol. They had him matched up one on one against AJ Brown at times and that went poorly of course.

Also, John Brown was out and that was significant because Andre Roberts had to play and Josh threw an early interception that went off Andre Roberts hands. I believe they immediately threw a TD to Brown while he was being covered by Norman.

We have better depth and better health this year. Should be a very different result.

I did more digging and saw that too. I fixed my post to reflect it.

Crazy the amount of injuries we had at the same time last year.

Didn't even mention Edmunds playing with a bum shoulder as well.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Moss, Brown, Milano, White, and Wallace (IR at the time) all did not play.  And Allen had a sling on his shoulder while playing in Rain.

And we also had Norman running as our #1 CB......

WOW.  Yeah I don’t think we’ll be giving up 42 pts this time!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.