10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

I'm sorry if I've missed this discussion already.

Was Diggs showboating on his big catch? All the replays I've seen it seems as though he should've been able to turn up field but opted to flaunt to the DB instead and maybe didn't realize how close he actually was to him. We settled for 3 after that monster play. 

• Agree 1

Just now, LVGrown said:

Was Diggs showboating on his big catch? All the replays I've seen it seems as though he should've been able to turn up field but opted to flaunt to the DB instead and maybe didn't realize how close he actually was to him. We settled for 3 after that monster play. 

Maybe, might of just been trying to get a bead on him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I saw this and wondered what was going through his head. My guess is that he was a bit disoriented about where he was on the field and where the defense was - he took a quick look around to figure it out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I saw this and wondered what was going through his head. My guess is that he was a bit disoriented about where he was on the field and where the defense was - he took a quick look around to figure it out.

Thats how I read it. I think He expected someone to be coming to hit him. Kinda stinks— because he could have walked in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LVGrown said:

I thought that at first too but then after seeing replays from a different view it appeared he was turning to try and see where the defender was and kind of turned himself around the wrong way and by the time he turned back around the defender caught up to him...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can I just say that last night also showed how many great offensive playmaker receivers we have on this team? Gone are the days of Zay Dropping easy balls, or Duke Williams unable to hang onto contested catches. All our guys are balling and making ridiculously athletic and difficult receptions.  

Now it's just our running backs. :P

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m thinking about it and can’t believe how just adding a couple young pieces to the DL has transformed this D from bottom half to elite. Star being back too—but man—talk about knowing what you need and getting it. Kudos to Beane and McD.

and Edmunds recovering from the shoulder injury has been HUGE 

3 hours ago, LVGrown said:

Diggs usually plays it safe with deep DBs and doesnt take hits. He'll get down before they can lay a lick on him.

I honestly think he just didnt know how WIDE OPEN he really was and was expecting an immediate hit and started to brace for it. And then saw how far the DB was and had to try to turn it back up field.

Dont think he was showboating at all. That isnt his MO. Bracing for and avoiding hits is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Yes but I think the biggest difference is the DL now can actually tackle guys and stop the run. Rousseau shed a block and engulfed a RB solo yesterday and I was like 👀.

and that too...not to forget Star being back

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.