Superb Josh Allen analysis by J. T. O'Sullivan

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I know OL are overweight by definition, but Ford looks TOO chunky and sluggish to me. I think he needs to lean up a little bit.

If that is the case at this point then he should be sat down at the NFL level you have plenty of time in the off-season to get your body right I will defend the player but hard to defend whenever they don’t act like a professional year round

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Watch Allen's drifting and I think you'll see he often is giving himself a better angle for the pass.  On the rocket to Sanders deep in the left end zone, if Allen doesn't move a yard or two to the left, the DB has a better angle at defending the pass.  By moving left, Allen improved his angle.

On that play, I think he's drifting left to keep away from the pressure first and foremost. But the video didn't criticize him for drifting on that play, anyway. He's trying to make the point that he drifts when he doesn't need to, but I only saw it on that Diggs miss.

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Watch Allen's drifting and I think you'll see he often is giving himself a better angle for the pass.  On the rocket to Sanders deep in the left end zone, if Allen doesn't move a yard or two to the left, the DB has a better angle at defending the pass.  By moving left, Allen improved his angle.

He also had the whole defense drifting left with him when he walked in for a TD to the right. Drift left, drift left, then took off to the right. Easy rushing TD.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

People say Brown can't play guard, but... can't he, though?

Two words, Boettger and Bates.  Boettger started 7 games last year and was fine.  I'm not saying he's an all pro, but he's not nearly as bad as Ford.  Bench Ford now.

I'm still of the opinion you don't force a square peg in a round hole.  It's not like the way O Linemen get injured Brown won't get some relief duty at Tackle.  The above guys have been groomed for that role and tomorrow, I don't care if we use both since Feliciano is out.

I was in the let's give the guy some time at Guard as that is supposed to be his natural position and where he should flourish.  I don't normally flip on a guy soon, but I've seen enough.  Bench him and when we can work another guy out, let the new guy on the P.S. for two weeks, and can Ford's ars!  Let him be someone else's problem.  McD has been patient enough.

7 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’m not a fan of this “you usually don’t” stuff. We’re not a usual team. We’re most likely going to be picking at the very end of the draft for a few years at least. We don’t have many spots left. If there’s a choice between a guy that can make your team, and make a difference you pick him regardless of position. 

“Oomph, I really wish Josh didn’t get injured on that play, we shoulda took that guard that would’ve blocked his guy and saved our qb worth a quarter of a billion dollars for 5 years. But people say you don’t draft them early.” Meanwhile the developmental linebacker/receiver/corner is sitting on the pine pony. 

There is currently only 1 guard in the 2022 draft that is projected as a 1st round pick that’s Kenyon Green of Texas A&M… Cody Ford was a first round projected pick that fell in the second round and we all think can’t play…I’d rather not reach for another guard since teams that do that usually wont go far 

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

Or if they are superstars

Exactly Quentin Nelson went as high as he did cause he can play every line position 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Two words, Boettger and Bates.  Boettger started 7 games last year and was fine.  I'm not saying he's an all pro, but he's not nearly as bad as Ford.  Bench Ford now.

I'm still of the opinion you don't force a square peg in a round hole.  It's not like the way O Linemen get injured Brown won't get some relief duty at Tackle.  The above guys have been groomed for that role and tomorrow, I don't care if we use both since Feliciano is out.

I was in the let's give the guy some time at Guard as that is supposed to be his natural position and where he should flourish.  I don't normally flip on a guy soon, but I've seen enough.  Bench him and when we can work another guy out, let the new guy on the P.S. for two weeks, and can Ford's ars!  Let him be someone else's problem.  McD has been patient enough.

So, this is likely Ford’s last game unless there’s injuries later on?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Governor said:

So, this is likely Ford’s last game unless there’s injuries later on?

He shouldn’t even play today.  I’d rather put in the above two and Fords in as a backup.  McD to his credit benched Spain and Morse.  He’s not timid to pull the trigger.  Boettger has heart.  Ford looks like a pile of goo.  He gets manhandled.

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Just watch Tremaine Edmunds in any of these clips. He's nowhere close to making a play.

I thought the new analysis is Edmunds is so incredibly good that the only chance the opponent has to make a play is to do it as far away from him as possible.

Josh’s issues the first couple weeks looked to me to be mental. DC’s were throwing looks at him he hadn’t seen and he didn’t have an easy answer. Double-clutched more than I ever remember him doing. He says he’s a “figure it out guy,” and last week, pretty good. I’d bet on him getting it worked out, yeah.

I’m not a film guru but even I can see that 1) Cody Ford SUCKED in that game. I have no idea why Morse wasn’t giving him more help since Payne was consistently using Ford as a turnstile. 2) I don’t think JA drifts unintentionally. It looks to me like he’s maintaining or improving his throwing lanes if he’s not avoiding immediate pressure due to Ford SUCKING. 

I didn’t care for this assessment. He championed drifting and boringly stayed with it throughout. 
What he fails to recognize is THATs how Josh keeps time while waiting on a receiver to open. He throws so incredibly well, he defies any standard, cookie cutter criticism. 
This guy is not good.

jmo.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He shouldn’t even play today.  I’d rather put in the above two and Fords in as a backup.  McD to his credit benched Spain and Morse.  He’s not timid to pull the trigger.  Boettger has heart.  Ford looks like a pile of goo.  He gets manhandled.

Benched.