Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

Where’s the guy that said heineke might light us up because he tore us up in a meaningless preseason game years ago and that it had to do with color association…. 

I’m assuming he thinks Allen is gonna have a huge meltdown this game due to already having one against similar uniforms in 2019? 

Thoughts?

@teefpretty sure you were talking with him last week. Who was it? 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Graded by whom?  Everyone in the Kitchen Sink offense was out of sync.  If you watched Teller when he was here you saw a highly athletic player who moved around extremely well but needed development with his pass sets. He repeatedly pancaked defenders during the preseason. Whereas Ford has always played heavy-footed and soft.  

That is not the issue though comparing Ford and Teller - they were not keeping a poor performing 5th round pick over a potential tackle in Ford just drafted in rd#2.  

Teller was here and struggled and the team wanted to try and get better.  They brought in 4 new experienced interior offensive lineman - so they were not going to wait to see if a guy could develop - they were looking for more immediate impact.  

That preseason Teller was outplayed by all the veterans and was not going to make the team.  Beane had a choice - cut him and hope to place him on the practice squad as a further developmental guy or trade him and try to get something.  Beane said in the press conference - the team liked Teller, but they could get something for him and did not think he would clear waiver. 

The fact that he went to Cleveland and was below average that year - showed the Bills made the right choice at the time.  They wanted to get better at protecting Josh and having a better pass blocking O-Line.  Teller developing last year is great for Cleveland, but that would have meant the Bills needed to keep him for an additional year and since he was not beating out anyone - would he have developed without playing?  

We also do not know what the impact on the Bills and Josh Allen if instead of Spain and Mongo as veteran guards - the Bills had tried to play Teller instead.  Would his struggles have impacted the development of Josh in 2019?  

Saw this on the Texans forum. 

Have me a chuckle. 

Agreed about 12 personnel but I do think with the Bills pass rush they will be mostly in 12 personnel again this week. I think Cooks still wins his fair share against White.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Uh. What does he consider a “fair share”? 

Anything more than 5 receptions for 40-50 would probably be a good day against tre.

My thoughts, not that poster. 

Edited by The Wiz

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Uh. What does he consider a “fair share”? 

I can see Cooks pulling a 7 catch (12-14 target) 90 yard 1TD day. Mostly against others in our zone. Texans fans won't realize most of the catches/yards came against a zone defense with White no where near Cooks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will Diggs crack the top 5 All time Bills receiving leaders? For catches? For yards? Currently #32 on the list for yards with 19 games played. Frank Lewis is #5 with 4600 yards. 

I say yes. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/career-receiving.htm

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i actually think this isn’t a horrible take, only because they seem to only throw to Cooks. They just force it to him 90% of the time. He’s bound to catch some if he is targeted 15-20 times. 

Yeah Cooks will win some match ups here and there, but I think White keeps him in check for the most part.

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i actually think this isn’t a horrible take, only because they seem to only throw to Cooks. They just force it to him 90% of the time. He’s bound to catch some if he is targeted 15-20 times. 

I think the defense will also if they target him that much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think the defense will also if they target him that much. 

The Frazier/McDermott defense is not friendly to inexperienced QBs, or even a lot of experienced ones. I'm expecting at least a couple of ints because of well disguised coverages and hurried throws forced into bad windows.

12 minutes ago, uninja said:

The Frazier/McDermott defense is not friendly to inexperienced QBs, or even a lot of experienced ones. I'm expecting at least a couple of ints because of well disguised coverages and hurried throws forced into bad windows.

I think the hurries will be there but not so sure about the coverages with a few guys on the back end being out. 

Always hopeful though. 

I think they will run 12 personnel to keep a TE in for most of the game to try to give him a clean pocket.  Similar to how we did for a good portion of the game against WFT because our Oline has been so bad. 

Edited by The Wiz

Perhaps this is why so many of Josh's turnover worthy plays don't result in turnovers .. it must take some time to get used to catch his fastball. If Josh were ever mad enough and called a "Longest Yard" play, he might kill the defender or permanently change  his ability to sit at the least.

And here is some of that zip in the Washington game .. the TD to Sanders .. wow there was some heat on that

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Perhaps this is why so many of Josh's turnover worthy plays don't result in turnovers .. it must take some time to get used to catch his fastball. If Josh were ever mad enough and called a "Longest Yard" play, he might kill the defender or permanently change  his ability to sit at the least.

And here is some of that zip in the Washington game .. the TD to Sanders .. wow there was some heat on that

Man what's that net made out of?

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Man what's that net made out of?

Either vibranium or adimantium.

And Sanders didn't fall backwards on that catch, the ball knocked him out of the end zone.

Like when High Tower hit Proctor with the frisbee in Police Academy 5.

Edited by The Wiz