Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Good afternoon,

Ed Oliver is a bust.

Thank you,

It's cute how everyone is reacting negatively to this -- how much time does Oliver get? 3 years? 4 years? The jury should not be out on a top-10 pick anywhere near that long. As a top-10 pick, he's clearly a bust. "Serviceable" is nowhere near good enough for a top-10 pick. Frazier said they are expecting a breakout season. So far, that's not happening. If he were a third rounder, he wouldn't be a bust, but as a top-10 pick I don't see how he could be characterized otherwise. He's supposed to be a star and an impact player, but he's clearly not.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's cute how everyone is reacting negatively to this -- how much time does Oliver get? 3 years? 4 years? The jury should not be out on a top-10 pick anywhere near that long. As a top-10 pick, he's clearly a bust. "Serviceable" is nowhere near good enough for a top-10 pick. Frazier said they are expecting a breakout season. So far, that's not happening. If he were a third rounder, he wouldn't be a bust, but as a top-10 pick I don't see how he could be characterized otherwise. He's supposed to be a star and an impact player, but he's clearly not.

When nobody responds but you NEED them to....quote yourself!

• Haha (+1) 29
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, Muppy said:

next man UP! Our roster is deep Im not too concerned about the texans and lets see what happens

Go Bills!!

m

It's deep in some areas sure. imo the CB position is a little concerning , for me anyways. (knock on wood...don't believe in jinx's) if Tre goes down, or 2 CBs go down in same game like other week (which thankfully wasn't anything major), it wouldn't be good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get it I guess, especially Feliciano with the concussion. Just hope we arent overlooking the Texans...

Also, likely we still win, but now won't cover that -17.5 points.

This team doesnt overlook anyone.  Why do people keep saying this stuff.  It should be clear by now that these guys at least stay focused on the week ahead.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I can give you he hasn't been as good as expected. Has been pointed out by quite a few times before that his better games was with Star in the line up. However I agree that a little more is expected as a early 1sr rd pick.

imo I'm not ready to give him a bust label yet, I'm looking to see how he does with Star back and see if he does indeed have a break out season that was spoke about

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

There are other TBD whipping boys at the moment-- Edmunds, Ford, e.g. Ed's going to have to get in line.

EDIT: Agree, though. Ed Oliver's good will is getting pretty close to its expiration date.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it's really irritating to know that we could very easily NOT have a guard problem right now.

Wyatt Teller was drafted by us. There's one guard position solved.

The draft pick used on Cody Ford, meanwhile, could have been used on Elgton Jenkins, who has already made a Pro Bowl and is one of the better interior o-linemen in the league. He was drafted seven spots after Ford. Dalton Risner was another option. He was taken four spots after Ford. Both, to this point in their careers, are vastly superior to Ford.

Nobody hits on 100% of their draft picks or personnel decisions, and everyone makes mistakes, but the poor guard play in Buffalo is GLARING right now when taking into account who we had and could've had on our roster.

Coulda woulda shoulda dep't is closed.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

52-10.  I think Buffalo scores early often and in all three phases of the game.   Some want to point to 2018 Bills vs Vikings.  The vast Majority of teams with wide spreads win and cover.   Allen is too talented.  The wrs are too talented.  

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Poyer was injured by Edmunds tackling HIM instead of the ballcarrier fyi.

Geez. So let me guess people are mad because Tremaine is tackling everyone  now. ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU PEOPLE WANTED?!?!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As with the constant chatter of self appointed experts regarding the value of Tremaine Edmunds, thankfully the Bills will not rely on fan opinions to determine the value of Ed Oliver or any other players with respect to their past, present, and future contributions to the team.  I can guarantee you that the Bills definition of "bust" will be completely different than average Joe Fan around here.  I suspect they think they are getting pretty good production out of Ed Oliver, because, well, they are.  No, he is not Aaron Donald and never will be.  That does not make him a bust, nor does anyone's random definition of what a top ten pick should be.  

15 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Coulda woulda shoulda dep't is closed.  

Correct.  The absolutely most useless type of analysis is hindsight analysis.  Literally anyone can pick the right answer after the question has already been answered.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it's really irritating to know that we could very easily NOT have a guard problem right now.

Wyatt Teller was drafted by us. There's one guard position solved.

The draft pick used on Cody Ford, meanwhile, could have been used on Elgton Jenkins, who has already made a Pro Bowl and is one of the better interior o-linemen in the league. He was drafted seven spots after Ford. Dalton Risner was another option. He was taken four spots after Ford. Both, to this point in their careers, are vastly superior to Ford.

Nobody hits on 100% of their draft picks or personnel decisions, and everyone makes mistakes, but the poor guard play in Buffalo is GLARING right now when taking into account who we had and could've had on our roster.

In the meantime, if Bills didn't draft Leif Larsen and drafted the QB picked 5 picks later .......

Edited by syhuang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Quote yourself to make yourself seem even dumber to us. Thanks 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, syhuang said:

In the meantime, if Bills didn't draft Leif Larsen and drafted the QB picked 5 picks later .......

I think there's a lot of miles between "We should have drafted Tom Brady 21 years ago!" and "we shouldn't have traded away the guard that we drafted that immediately went on to become a Pro Bowler".

When your guard play stinks, and you're a season and a half removed from trading away a guard that is now top five at his position, I think it's a reasonable thing to discuss.

Edited by Logic
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think there's a lot of miles between "We should have drafted Tom Brady 21 years ago!" and "we shouldn't have traded away the guard that we drafted that immediately went on to become a Pro Bowler".

When your guard play stinks, and you're a season and a half removed from trading away a guard that is now top five at his position, I think it's a reasonable thing to discuss.

Image how many super bowls we would have already won with Brady in these 21 years. If we’re playing “what if” game, I definitely want Brady for last 21 years over any one else recently. 

Edited by syhuang
  • Haha (+1) 1