Game Entry

Richmond_Bills

A cursory glance by security as you passed through an outer entry. Took much longer to get the ticket reader up and running once we got to the gate. 

We were in line about 10:45 and they were letting people pass the vax check very smoothly and quickly. Then we waited the 15 minutes for the gates to open. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

Funny you mention ID.  After driving in from PA yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night in my hotel room in a panic because I brought my 85 year old Mom to the game and I didn't bring her ID with me.

I checked emails from the Bills and no IDs were mentioned.  Fortunately at the gate they were not even trying to match IDs to vax cards!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At both the stadium today and Key Bank Center last night at the Eric Church concert, they only verified you had a vaccination card.  They did not ask for ID.

Just now, Richmond_Bills said:

ok - sounds good.  my group that is going next week is all vaxed, but didn't want to wait ridiculous amounts of time at gates.

as a follow up - how was traffic?  read for opener, if you weren't in a tailgate by 930 or 10, you may have been in traffic until game time/.  

We got to our lot at 8, and traffic was fine.  By 830 traffic was growing, and after nine I imagine you waited a while.  My preference is to always get there early because I’d rather wait with a beer in my hand by a grill, then stuck in traffic. 

• Like (+1) 2

Whether your for it or against it, vax ID check was a total joke. You could have showed them a Sam's Club card or used a 20 year old putt putt pass and gotten thru that check point. They barely even glanced at my phone when I showed my "excelsior pass" - didn't even scan the QR code. 

Edited by Vertig0
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Process wasn’t bad.  Had a huge crowd in front of us about 11:30.  Vax check was very fast.  Wonder if they were really looking.  Have the excelsior pass, security person looked for a brief second and waved me on.  Not scanned.  In the stadium by 11:50.

Seems crappy they’d do what they did and then be pretty lackadaisical about checking proof of vaccination.

55 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

Whether your for it or against it, vax ID check was a total joke. You could have showed them a Sam's Club card or used a 20 year old putt putt pass and gotten thru that check point. They barely even glanced at my phone when I showed my "excelsior pass" - didn't even scan the QR code. 

Saw 2 dudes get denied trying to use something fake on their phones

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It was a joke.  Much easier to enter than opening day.  Traffic was extremely light, too.  Must have been an early crowd. 

What time did you get in line?

The gate I went to had one guy checking the vax passes and took 40 minutes.   Got there around 11:10.

Edited by The Wiz

3 hours ago, Richmond_Bills said:

ok - sounds good.  my group that is going next week is all vaxed, but didn't want to wait ridiculous amounts of time at gates.

as a follow up - how was traffic?  read for opener, if you weren't in a tailgate by 930 or 10, you may have been in traffic until game time/.  

Gates weren't too bad, Vax check didn't really add any time. Traffic not bad, we rolled in 930 without much of a hassle, getting out not too bad either. I was really worried about the traffic after hearing about week 1 but it was no issue

I went to the European Championship Final at Wembley in the summer that had a vax or negative PCR standard for entry and the checkers were literally just glancing at your phone screen to see that you had something that looked like the UK's vax pass up and then nodding you through. 

We walked in at 1115a.  Smooth.  Quick check of CDC card and Id.  No issues at that time whatsoever.  Stadium was completely full by 1p start.  So people heeded the warning and left tailgating early to get in.  

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

What time did you get in line?

The gate I went to had one guy checking the vax passes and took 40 minutes.   Got there around 11:10.

Gate 6 11:50a.  Same thing.  One guy checking at a choke point. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I went to the European Championship Final at Wembley in the summer that had a vax or negative PCR standard for entry and the checkers were literally just glancing at your phone screen to see that you had something that looked like the UK's vax pass up and then nodding you through. 

That is exactly what happened yesterday  at the stadium. 

• Agree 1