“New York” teams

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Couldn't run a farm, either.  The Jets would be better off with Mr. Haney instead of Mr. Douglas.

Hey, it takes a lot of business savy to run a full farm operation well. Don't insult farmers by comparing them to the Jets GM.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, nucci said:

why is this New York/New Jersey thing such a big deal to some of you? Why does it matter....I don't get it...

It's that je ne sais quoi.

image.thumb.jpeg.804f07c5f71da116deb9b34086bd8bc8.jpeg

"Only two catches for 12 yards here, Jimmy!  Witchiepoo has cursed us and the Giants!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Bills are 23-15 in Sept the last 10 years in case anyone wants to tweet that. 

Yeah 8years of 🐓 teasing us into thinking they were good 😆😆

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Jets are going to ruin Wilson the same way they ruined Darnold. 

As a Carolina resident I prefer misuse over the term ruin, but I agree with the sentiment 😆

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

About an hour from Knoxville Tennessee. 
When I worked in Knoxville people always could tell almost immediately I’m from up north cause I said pop not soda. So they always said where you from. I’d always reply New York cause it became kinda a joke to me. And I swear almost every single time “oh you’re from New York City and moved here” nope I’m from Niagara Falls, upstate by Canada. “Where’s that” Not a clue there’s a whole state. 

After college I moved to California.  Real native born Californians knew less about the US than anywhere I’ve been.  The schools systems there focused on California history more than American history.  World history, forget it.  Going east meant Las Vegas.  

Public school education is atrocious in most parts of this country. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

why is this New York/New Jersey thing such a big deal to some of you? Why does it matter....I don't get it...

Agreed. The Jets and Giants play in a suburb of NYC, just like the Bills play in a suburb of Buffalo. In fact, Met Life is geographically closer to Manhattan than Highmark is to Buffalo. So it's across state lines - big deal. WFT plays in Maryland, not DC. Should we call them MFT?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I think the point was that there are (amazingly) adult Americans who can't differentiate between an entire state and Manhattan. 

Do these same people think the Seattle Seahawks play in the nation's capital?

I love those man on the street segments where a correspondent goes to college campuses, Venice Beach, etc., and asks basic American history questions such as, "what year was the War of 1812 fought?" Blank stare. Confusion.

I get that the segments are edited for entertainment, but there are a lot of ignorant dumb-asses out there who have zero curiosity about anything outside of their little world.

This works both ways, had a friend from Buffalo visiting here in AZ, when I told him my family has season ski passes , he was shocked to learn that it snowed in Arizona, let alone that Flagstaff ski areas get more snow than Holiday Valley.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

About an hour from Knoxville Tennessee. 
When I worked in Knoxville people always could tell almost immediately I’m from up north cause I said pop not soda. So they always said where you from. I’d always reply New York cause it became kinda a joke to me. And I swear almost every single time “oh you’re from New York City and moved here” nope I’m from Niagara Falls, upstate by Canada. “Where’s that” Not a clue there’s a whole state. 

It's "soda" in the city, btw...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Are you a football fan or the fan of football team? 

There in lies your answer…

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

common denominator? Bad ownership. The Maras are increasingly out of touch and Woody is incompetent/checked out.

More than anyone, you would think a 'Johnson & Johnson' Johnson would know not to dig too deep with the Q-Tip: brain damage!

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

but the latter is flat out terrible and has to be in the 0-17 and #1 overall pick discussion right now.

Tanking for the QB du jour? 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.