Bills 2021 draft pick, G Jack Anderson claimed off PS by Eagles

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Anderson actually had a pretty good RAS profile score. But he was disappointing in pre-season

Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else then, or maybe it was his stature? Did he have short arms or something?

He was the last of our 8 draft picks, our 3rd Offensive Lineman taken, and selected in the 7th Round in the last 25 picks of the Draft. He didn't flash in Training Camp. Anyone who thought his spot on this squad was anywhere but the Practice Squad is kidding themselves.

Cracks me up seeing people say they thought he was going to be a stud or that him getting poached doesn't surprise them at all. What makes you say this beyond him looking like Richie Ingconito's clone? I didn't realize we had so many people watching Texas Tech's Interior O-Line so intently 😆

The guy could end up being a decent off the bench contributor for Phili. But there's a reason they had a spot for him on their 53 and we didn't. Our roster is solid and there's is, well, Phili.

And stop with the Wyatt Teller talk. Just because he's a late round pick we let walk out of the facility doesn't make him Wyatt Teller. For every Wyatt Teller, there's a million nameless late round players that switched teams and flamed out. Is it possible? Yes. But Wyatt Teller is the exception, not the rule. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He was the last of our 8 draft picks, our 3rd Offensive Lineman taken, and selected in the 7th Round in the last 25 picks of the Draft. He didn't flash in Training Camp. Anyone who thought his spot on this squad was anywhere but the Practice Squad is kidding themselves.

Cracks me up seeing people say they thought he was going to be a stud or that him getting poached doesn't surprise them at all. What makes you say this beyond him looking like Richie Ingconito's clone? I didn't realize we had so many people watching Texas Tech's Interior O-Line so intently 😆

The guy could end up being a decent off the bench contributor for Phili. But there's a reason they had a spot for him on their 53 and we didn't. Our roster is solid and there's is, well, Phili.

I actually had him graded in the 5th. Quite liked him as a prospect, but agree he showed nothing in pre-season to deserve more than a  PS spot

Could this have been avoided if there had been a 4th practice squad player (Anderson) protected last week instead of 3?  That decision seemed strange at the time.

At what point in the week does the protected status start and end? (Is it Monday to Sunday for example?)

Edited by NI Bills Fan

4 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Could this have been avoided if there had been a 4th practice squad player (Anderson) protected last week instead of 3?  That decision seemed strange at the time.

At what point in the week does the protected status start and end? (Is it Monday to Sunday for example?)

I am pretty sure any claim to him ends when the Bills decline to promote him to the 53.

Good luck kid I hope they let you see snaps in a week or two :)

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And stop with the Wyatt Teller talk. Just because he's a late round pick we let walk out of the facility doesn't make him Wyatt Teller. For every Wyatt Teller, there's a million nameless late round players that switched teams and flamed out. Is it possible? Yes. But Wyatt Teller is the exception, not the rule. 

Some when give choice between a half full glass and half empty glass choose to drill a hole in glass to make it a dribble glass.

I think it has to do with their mothers who wiped their chins when they dribbled.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

So did Bills have right to elevate him to 53 man before Eagles were awarded him? 

The Eagles weren't "awarded" him off the practice squad.  PS guys are already free agents and only go through waivers when they're initially cut or if they're elevated to the roster then cut again. 

The Eagles offered him a contract on their 53-man roster (and must pay him for 3 weeks and count him against their 53-man, whether or not they keep him there).  The Bills could have countered. 

Anderson would also have had a right to say "No thanks, I'm good here!" and stay on the Bills PS.  But, there's a big difference between NFL minimum salary and practice squad money, so that wouldn't be in his interest.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

No, protecting him last week wouldn't have stopped a claim this week.  That protection stopped after the game on Sunday.

If you play Sunday, you designate your protected players for the following week Tues at 4 pm and that extends through the end of the game next Sunday.  But other teams can claim them Monday or Tues until 4 pm. 

I think the timing shifts if you play Thurs or Monday, but I don't know how.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

You're sure it wasn't Wyatt Teller? I've heard he's gonna be great.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Damn, I am not shocked at all.  Wyatt Teller #2.

GTFO.   The thing about Wyatt Teller is that he actually started something like 7 games at LG his rookie season, I think when McDermott put Teflon Juan in a headlock and said "You Will Bench Ducasse".  So we knew he could actually play in the league, and it was a needed roles on OL issue that saw him traded.

Anderson did not look as hoped during PS.

Two pages of replies about a transaction involving the Bills and Eagles and no mention of Zach Ertz. I'm shocked.

Surprised no one suggested Beane pull some sort of trade like Ertz and a 7th rounder for Sweeney and Taiwan Jones, then the Bills elevate Anderson from the practice squad and trade Anderson for Jones, making it Ertz and a 7th for Sweeney and Anderson.