Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyway while I appreciate the civil tone going on, we're getting pretty general here, could we narrow it back to football relevance?  I get it, some people feel they don't need to be vaccinated because their pristine and magnificent personal state of health makes them unlikely to suffer serious ills.  Hopefully right, maybe wrong, but either way shirks the question of spreading illness to others.  Natural immunity has been shown to be boosted by a vax, so there's that.  But if you don't want the vax and it keeps you out of the stadium, absolutely your right.

Young healthy people in pristine shape have contracted Covid.  Age and physical condition does not stop that.   Many (not all) of them are asymptomatic or have only minor symptoms, that is true.   During this time they can be spreading it, the purpose of the mask is to stop the spreading, to protect others.  The longer this cycle goes on, the more opportunities for the virus to mutate into something harder to fight.  That is the danger. 

We are divided partly because of misinformation and poor leadership.   People today somehow associate taking a vaccine with giving up their freedom and “their rights”.    In my lifetime there has never been less emphasis on the greater good and it says a lot about us as a society and a country today.   

To those unsure about the vaccine, talk to your doctor. I assume you trust your doctor.?  Your doctor will tell you your risks.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, QCity said:

No impact. Despite what the tantrum-throwing minority are saying, there won't be empty sections at the stadium, the ticket market won't change drastically, and the Pegulas won't have to sell their yacht. The stadium noise will be as loud as ever and the Bills' season will go on as normal, the only primary difference will be the guy sitting next to you won't be an advocate for horse deworming pills.

Cool story.   Nice touch with the horse pills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Maybe not for the Bills/NFL being privately owned... but could see lawsuits for the single season ticket sales. (would be unconstitutional if the gov. tried to make the vaccine mandatory) 

How can people be this unaware? The government has been making vaccines mandatory for a long time. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

How can people be this dumb? The government has been making vaccines mandatory for a long time. 

Your post might make you look pretty clueless.... and what you just called others. Stupid. 

There is NO federal requirement for vaccines. Zero. None. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

How can people be this unaware? The government has been making vaccines mandatory for a long time. 

Since the document was written that they claim to have read and say mandates are in violation of. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

The seats are already sold..... season tickets sold out. 

I doubt people can win a lawsuit forcing them to change their stance on stadium entry, but i'm pretty sure people could win a lawsuit for getting their tickets refunded if the Bills/Highmark refuse to refund tickets to those who bought them prior to the announcement.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Your post might make you look pretty clueless.... and what you just called others. Stupid. 

There is NO federal requirement for vaccines. Zero. None. 

Raise your hand for the military and tell me again about no federal retirement for vaccines. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I doubt people can win a lawsuit forcing them to change their stance on stadium entry, but i'm pretty sure people could win a lawsuit for getting their tickets refunded if the Bills/Highmark refuse to refund tickets to those who bought them prior to the announcement.  

They probably should read the fine print on their ticket transactions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don't think so.  The ticket is a contract.  Refunds for cancellations only. It was printed on all paper tickets (when they were still used)  and in the agreement you check when signing up for a ticket purchasing site. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I see we only have a federal government now.

No, we have all levels of government. I'm talking FEDERAL, which I'm correct. There are also NO mandatory vaccines by any state. Yea, if you want to go to school, daycare, etc. But no level of government is telling you... "SIR, YOU HAVE TO GET THE HEP A VACCINE OR YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!" 

LOL 

• Vomit 1

35 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Young healthy people in pristine shape have contracted Covid.  Age and physical condition does not stop that.   Many (not all) of them are asymptomatic or have only minor symptoms, that is true.   During this time they can be spreading it, the purpose of the mask is to stop the spreading, to protect others.  The longer this cycle goes on, the more opportunities for the virus to mutate into something harder to fight.  That is the danger. 

We are divided partly because of misinformation and poor leadership.   People today somehow associate taking a vaccine with giving up their freedom and “their rights”.    In my lifetime there has never been less emphasis on the greater good and it says a lot about us as a society and a country today.   

To those unsure about the vaccine, talk to your doctor. I assume you trust your doctor.?  Your doctor will tell you your risks.  

Great post Bob!

How could I not do what my country has asked of me when this country has given me so much and asked for so little in return?   I think of our holiday – Memorial Day – and think of all the men and women who gave everything – their very lives – to their country even when they may not have agreed with their leader who asked them to serve.    When so many generations of people have given their lives for me and my family so we could try to prosper here; how could I not give back in my own tiny way when I am asked to do so?

Complaining because you are asked to do so little (get a shot in your arm) to potentially protect so many from a disease that could kill them.   Good lord.   Think about what you parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and their generations have been asked to give so you could watch your beloved football.

A person saying they’re not worried about Covid because they are healthy enough is acting selfishly in my opinion.   It’s not about you.  It’s about the rest of the people you have the opportunity to help survive.  It is about being an American and caring about other Americans – even ones who disagree with your opinions.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1