Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Tomlin is a good coach, and Big Ben looked pretty good in his preseason cameo.

They have to solve the QB "Aging out" issue at some point, but I'll wait and see before I pronounce the Steelers "middle class" status. 

They won their division last year same as we did

They got embarrassed in their final game, same as we did - it just happened earlier on

The qb is most likely done after this year.... you wanna predict a scenario where thats not dropping them into obscurity? 

..... and context is key. 7 of first 11 qb's they played last year were rookies or backups. Once they got into the meat of their schedule and the playoffs they were completely exposed. And i think we both know theres a difference between getting embarrassed at home in the wildcard vs on the road in the title game. come on man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

43 minutes ago, Steelz said:

I'm actually looking forward to this, the arrogance around here is astonishing 😂 yinz have no idea how bad you're about to get ran over this weekend 😶 you're playing a better team this time than the team you barely beat last year.

Since when is 26-15 barely beating a team?

Okay.... maybe we only win by a TD... that's about what I expect.

A W is a W.  Also... the Steelers were 11-1 when Buffalo played them.

Soooo... you think they're winning their first 12+ games this season?  We could bet on that if you like.

22 minutes ago, Steelz said:

Lol ok, we didn't have our best DB (Haden), we didn't have either of our starting LBs playing (Bush & Spillane), we didn't have our starting DE (Tuitt) we didn't even have our starting OLB (Dupree) and your leading rusher still only manged 43 yards rushing that day.. CTFU let's hope your running game has gotten better 🤣. Let's see how much patients your QB will have too while running for his life 😉. I really don't see this time looking too good for yinz at all, give Josh Allen alil bit of pressure and he's going to fold like a lawn chair

He's one of the best QBs under pressure. As is Roethlisberger.

This game's pass defense is less about getting pressure and more so about the back end, where the Bills are strong and Steelers are weak.

24 minutes ago, Steelz said:

Lol ok, we didn't have our best DB (Haden), we didn't have either of our starting LBs playing (Bush & Spillane), we didn't have our starting DE (Tuitt) we didn't even have our starting OLB (Dupree) and your leading rusher still only manged 43 yards rushing that day.. CTFU let's hope your running game has gotten better 🤣. Let's see how much patients your QB will have too while running for his life 😉. I really don't see this time looking too good for yinz at all, give Josh Allen alil bit of pressure and he's going to fold like a lawn chair

An authentic Steelers fan showing up--proved by his inability to write a coherent sentence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Steelz said:

Lol ok, we didn't have our best DB (Haden), we didn't have either of our starting LBs playing (Bush & Spillane), we didn't have our starting DE (Tuitt) and your leading rusher still only manged 43 yards rushing that day.. CTFU let's hope your running game has gotten better 🤣. Let's see how much patients your QB will have too while running for his life 😉. Oh yeah we didn't have our starting OLB Dupree either.. I really don't see this time looking too good for yinz at all, give Josh Allen alil bit of pressure and he's going to fold like a lawn chair

All I can say to this is "LOL".   Josh Allen "fold like a lawn chair under a lil bit of pressure" 

Allen IS the guy who made waves his rookie season by hurdling Anthony Barr, was described by Broncos Von Miller as "having a stiff-arm like Deion Sanders", then last season flattened Kyle Van Noy and Emmanuel Ogbah on a single playweek 2, and then followed it up week 3 by grabbing one Rams LB by the helmet, throwing him into the path of a second defender, then deflecting the best DT in football Aaron Donald in order to give himself time to throw the ball away and avoid a huge sack (oh yeah - we won).

Don't get me wrong, Josh shouldn't do those things, he should protect himself better, but it's laughably inept for an opposing team's fan to suggest he will "fold like a lawn chair" under pressure.  It's just funny.

Yinzers.

When did most of our "leading rusher"s 43 yds come?   Oh that's right - on a ball-busting 7 minute 11 second run-out-the-clock drive in the 4th Q that ended as time expired on the Pitt 18 yd line and crushed any hope of a Pitt offensive comeback. 

You should really be proud you held our rushing game to 104 yds - that's something only 12 regular season and  playoff opponents managed!  Oh wait - we won 9 of those games and were leading up through the final seconds of a 10th. 

Now let's do you.

Where's Tuitt, your starting DE gonna be on Sunday?  Oh that's right, on IR.

I'm sure your defense will benefit from having Bud Dupree expected to start Week 1, as he is - oh, Whups, that's for Tennessee.

Good to know your 32 yr old best DB will be playing across from your other starting CB, Steve Nelson and your excellent nickel corner, Mike Hilton - Oh wait, Nelson and Hilton are starting for other teams, too.  What's the plan? Let's listen to your DC:

image.thumb.png.81aa48f803b80bb31e780a1adf65beb2.png

Well, All Righty Then, I'm sure Daboll is officially sweating that problem rather than drawing up plays he thinks will work and saying "prove you can shut us down, Mister"

On offense,  I know you must be filled with confidence in your OL.  I've always admired Villanueva's play at LT, Maurkice Pouncey has been one of the best centers in the league for a long time, and DeCastro of course is a legend at RG, so even if Chukwuma Okorafor at RT hasn't yet developed into everything you'd hoped out of a 3rd round pick going into his 4th season, it should be solid, and unflappable in a noisy environment on the road.

Oh Wait.....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

What's the deal with Emmanuel Sanders?

Foot is all we know, been the same status for awhile but hes looked fine 

31 minutes ago, Steelz said:

Is this a parody account like Spags?

• Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Since when is 26-15 barely beating a team?

Okay.... maybe we only win by a TD... that's about what I expect.

A W is a W.  Also... the Steelers were 11-1 when Buffalo played them.

Soooo... you think they're winning their first 12+ games this season?  We could bet on that if you like.

If you're team didnt have alot of their starting players playing then we would've beaten yall by atleast 3 TDs easily. And looking at our schedule we're decisively better than the most of the first 11 teams we're playing besides maybe the Bills. Your team will be the only real challenge to us the first 11 games so yeah I can see another 11-1 run easily. Ok let the talking heads convince you that we have QB and Online problems when really we upgraded our Oline and Ben is still as good as he's ever been. We still have the #1 defense in tact and now this time everyone's healthy.. all I'm saying is you all are a bunch of arrogant #######s thinking you're going to dominate and easily win this game when in fact we're a much better team than you on both sides of the ball. 

Edited by Steelz
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Steelz said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tbm2n2qozsvlj8l5ym

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is this a parody account like Spags?

Interesting question.....*rummage rummage*

Magic 8 Ball says, "There is No Proof, But The Evidence is Suggestive"

9 minutes ago, Steelz said:

If you're team didnt have most of their star players playing then we would've beaten yall by atleast 3 TDs easily. And looking at our schedule we're decisively better than the most of the first 11 teams we're playing besides maybe the Bills. Your team will be the only real challenge to us the first 11 games so yeah I can see another 11-1 run easily. Ok let the talking heads convince you that we have QB and Online problems when really we upgraded our Oline and Ben is still as good as he's ever been. We still have the #1 defense in tact and now this time everyone's healthy.. all I'm saying is you all are a bunch of arrogant #######s thinking you're going to dominate and easily win this game when in fact we're a much better team than you on both sides of the ball. 

OK Bet

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Steelz said:

If you're team didnt have most of their star players playing then we would've beaten yall by atleast 3 TDs easily. And looking at our schedule we're decisively better than the most of the first 11 teams we're playing besides maybe the Bills. Your team will be the only real challenge to us the first 11 games so yeah I can see another 11-1 run easily. Yinz let the talking heads convince you that we have QB and Online problems when really we upgraded our Oline and Ben is still as good as he's ever been. We still have the #1 defense in tact and now this time everyone's healthy.. all I'm saying is you all are a bunch of arrogant #######s thinking you're going to dominate and easily win this game when in fact we're a much better team than you on both sides of the ball. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bup465dlrzp014fib1ed

5 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tbm2n2qozsvlj8l5ym

How was this not a caption this moment.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

biiiiiiiiiig shock.  31 year old 320 lb man that sat out a year is hurt and not playing the first game of the year.   I remember having a few fun discussions regarding his health this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Steelz said:

If you're team didnt have alot of their starting players playing then we would've beaten yall by atleast 3 TDs easily. And looking at our schedule we're decisively better than the most of the first 11 teams we're playing besides maybe the Bills. Your team will be the only real challenge to us the first 11 games so yeah I can see another 11-1 run easily. Ok let the talking heads convince you that we have QB and Online problems when really we upgraded our Oline and Ben is still as good as he's ever been. We still have the #1 defense in tact and now this time everyone's healthy.. all I'm saying is you all are a bunch of arrogant #######s thinking you're going to dominate and easily win this game when in fact we're a much better team than you on both sides of the ball. 

Pittsburgh has sent their Top Men over here to correct us "arrogant #######s" Bills fans I see. Well reasoned arguments. 11-1 "easily". We'll see how that plays out lol.

57 minutes ago, Steelz said:

Come Sunday afternoon, we’ll never see another post from you.  You’ll be gone.  Never to return.  Like a fly.  Forgettable.  Bye bye lil guy

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Steelz said:

Wait... are you saying you're a much better team than you were last year or a much better team than Buffalo?

If you mean the former, I could see that.  I already said I think Buffalo wins by about a TD... you consider that domination?  Okay.

Now, if you mean that Pittsburgh is a much better team than Buffalo, you need to get your head checked.

I don't think this game will be a route.  I think Buffalo will win, but it'll be relatively close most of the game.  But what I think you're underestimating is how good Buffalo was last year and the fact that they've brought back 21 of 22 starters and arguably upgraded that starter who left and have almost certainly upgraded their pass rush.

But I'll say this... I think Pittsburgh's best chance to win this game is a very run-heavy game with Harris.  With Star out of the game, I could actually see Pittsburgh potentially winning if they commit to the run.