ISO: Suggestions for moderators at PPP

SDS

On 9/4/2021 at 6:13 PM, SDS said:

1st post -> tangent. I’d like to stay on topic. What I wrote applies equally to any person. 

What makes PPP so great is the freedom to post different ideas, no matter how much someone may disagree...

That being said, I really don’t like the idea of moderators on this forum because I feel it will just lead to political censorship of ideas someone just disagrees with- like in the Buffalo Bills forum...

Keep the Left wing wackos and keep the Right wing wackos...most people here are moderates and can navigate through a conversation without needing “mommy” to hold their hand...dictating what info is fair or true will kill this great forum!

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have kind of a different angle, I'd like a moderated subforum in PPP that focuses on solid discussion.  No memes, no social media sources and warnings for posters who are only posting to disrupt a thread, or crusading.

Then keep the unregulated forum for the regular zinger jousting.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/18/2021 at 9:44 PM, GaryPinC said:

I have kind of a different angle, I'd like a moderated subforum in PPP that focuses on solid discussion.  No memes, no social media sources and warnings for posters who are only posting to disrupt a thread, or crusading.

Then keep the unregulated forum for the regular zinger jousting.

I'd be more interested in something like this.  Separate it into two forums.  The one we have now where it's basically people just posting confirmation bias links, memes, tweets, etc... 

Then have a subforum where only discussion is allowed.  Links to anything would be disabled.  No need for a moderator.  You may actually get more people to step outside their comfort zone of talking only football.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, B-Man said:

I posted on BBMB for years.

The new board's political site is not "hidden" as is often repeated here. But you have to earn your way on.

With what?  Conspiracy theories?  Ivermectin challenge?  Acts of fealty to Donald Trump?  Or is it like a gang, and you dress the new person as a Democrat and beat him or her in?  No thanks.  I’ll pass.   

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

With what?  Conspiracy theories?  Ivermectin challenge?  Acts of fealty to Donald Trump?  Or is it like a gang, and you dress the new person as a Democrat and beat him or her in?  No thanks.  I’ll pass.   

If you are just going to assume false requirements based on your obvious bias,

It is probably for the best that you pass.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

If you are just going to assume false requirements based on your obvious bias,

It is probably for the best that you pass.

We’re getting somewhere.  No beat-ins, and no ivermectin challenge.  So would I have to do a little voter fraud thing, like maybe go to Arizona to help with the “recount” before I’m admitted to this super exclusive, semi-secret, and totally awesome new group? 

On 9/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, B-Man said:

I posted on BBMB for years.

The new board's political site is not "hidden" as is often repeated here. But you have to earn your way on.

The admins certainly can censor anyone they choose but Please don’t be so naive to state that other board political section isn’t hidden. It most certainly is. And no I’m not about to kiss some admins ring to request permission. I’m just glad they left here I miss them ZERO

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:53 AM, Beast said:

If you don't like them you can always not click on them. 

BTW, the comment you made that if there are no personal insults to just let people type is pure BS. You were the most heavy handed moderator in the history of the BBMB. 

Concur mr “no personal insults “ called me a skank last football season. . Hypocrite then and now

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Muppy said:

The admins certainly can censor anyone they choose but Please don’t be so naive to state that other board political section isn’t hidden. It most certainly is. And no I’m not about to kiss some admins ring to request permission. I’m just glad they left here I miss them ZERO

Don’t sweat it Muptown Girl.  There are good people there, having good dialogue and getting by like the rest of us.    They simply want a different experience.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don’t sweat it Muptown Girl.  There are good people there, having good dialogue and getting by like the rest of us.    They simply want a different experience.  

Sup Leonardo..I miss kingston already what a Great little town. I didnt want to come back to socal. Y'all live in some beautiful country there in NYS. No leaves changing yet though too much rain Booooooo....... Im homesick already.

as far as PPP yeah what happens in the dungeons can stay in the dungeons no harm no foul frankly freedom is great but  I still refuse to kiss anybodies  ring just to read varied opinions I feel no need to prove myself to anyone. 

Peace OUT. GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Muppy said:

Sup Leonardo..I miss kingston already what a Great little town. I didnt want to come back to socal. Y'all live in some beautiful country there in NYS. No leaves changing yet though too much rain Booooooo....... Im homesick already.

as far as PPP yeah what happens in the dungeons can stay in the dungeons no harm no foul frankly freedom is great but  I still refuse to kiss anybodies  ring just to read varied opinions I feel no need to prove myself to anyone. 

Peace OUT. GO BILLS

wtf Kingston is a “great little town” what *****in planet are you from homie

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LeviF said:

wtf Kingston is a “great little town” what *****in planet are you from homie

oK I'll try to clarify :   Kingston NY visiting son in his brand new house #BLESSED I had Never been there just bought the fresh picked apples HOMEY lol hahaha the whole area brought me back to my roots  was ready to chill for fall colors but alas that didnt work but I Will be BACK HA! #newpaltz #homecooking #newleyweds #bataviabaastonbrooklynalbany 

Peace Out . m

Edited by Muppy
oof
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Muppy said:

oK I'll try to clarify :   Kingston NY visiting son in his brand new house #BLESSED I had Never been there just bought the fresh picked apples HOMEY lol hahaha the whole area brought me back to my roots  was ready to chill for fall colors but alas that didnt work but I Will be BACK HA! #newpaltz #homecooking #newleyweds #bataviabaastonbrooklynalbany 

Peace Out . m

@LeviF…a visit to mUpstate NY if you will.  Glad you had a great trip but a tad early for fall colors!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@LeviF…a visit to mUpstate NY if you will.  Glad you had a great trip but a tad early for fall colors!  

thanks for having my back leonardo. Ulster County. I saw a guys house with a domed astral observatory built in on his freakin roof......how cool is that? haha

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

More evidence on the main board of moderators electing to moderate opinion and why it'd be a disaster here, and why the apparently unchecked moderation of opinion is becoming a problem on this board overall:

Board poster PTR posted an article about Eddie Steele being fired because he criticized the general manager of the Edmonton Elks, a CFL team.  I was interested to see what that was all about after seeing it on the main page.  My surprise to see the thread closed after a few replies.  

This post was closed by Canadian Bills Fan several hours later, with no reason given.  I read each and every post there and there appears to be no outward violation of board rules.  No fan threatened another, no bad language used, no spamming of the thread.  Now, I'm not the arbiter of board content, but if there was a rule violation anywhere in that thread, it's very hard to find.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

More evidence on the main board of moderators electing to moderate opinion and why it'd be a disaster here, and why the apparently unchecked moderation of opinion is becoming a problem on this board overall:

Board poster PTR posted an article about Eddie Steele being fired because he criticized the general manager of the Edmonton Elks, a CFL team.  I was interested to see what that was all about after seeing it on the main page.  My surprise to see the thread closed after a few replies.  

This post was closed by Canadian Bills Fan several hours later, with no reason given.  I read each and every post there and there appears to be no outward violation of board rules.  No fan threatened another, no bad language used, no spamming of the thread.  Now, I'm not the arbiter of board content, but if there was a rule violation anywhere in that thread, it's very hard to find.  

It was sanitized after being locked but one post in particular referenced part of the female anatomy to describe a mod. 

Though the principle of deleting posts AND locking the thread is a little weird. Pick one

Edited by LeviF