ISO: Suggestions for moderators at PPP

SDS

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Can someone at least moderate (erase) Backintheday's spam posts?

I was just following up on Bmans post.

I’ll post it again because it’s a well respected person on this board that I disagree with all the time

“Sometimes it’s really hard to accept  that people with the intellect of a tub of margarine have the same electoral authority as educated informed people who can think critically and understand reality and don’t take headlines at face value.” @SoCal Deek

We have a left/right agreement here that BMan is spam and is basically deranged… like a rhino….. and similarly should be gone for violating the message board rules.

12 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’ll post it again because it’s a well respected person on this board that I disagree with all the time

“Sometimes it’s really hard to accept  that people with the intellect of a tub of margarine have the same electoral authority as educated informed people who can think critically and understand reality and don’t take headlines at face value.” @SoCal Deek

We have a left/right agreement here that BMan is spam and is basically deranged… like a rhino….. and similarly should be gone for violating the message board rules.

you havent noticed anyone else post alot of tweets?  

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I saw this last night and thought about what to say.  

This is pathetic, Back.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This thread doesn’t seem to have come to a conclusion. Color me shocked. 

Maybe turn off the PPP for just football season and see if TBD works without it. When it does, decide if you want to reopen the box. 

The people saying TBD needs PPP are slightly (!) exaggerating. 

Go Bills and yes I still accept your unanimous nomination for ultimate power here. See my first act above. 

• Vomit 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:35 PM, Backintheday544 said:

Wait a minute! Did I say that? I sort of like it, but I don’t remember saying it. 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I saw this last night and thought about what to say.  

This is pathetic, Back.  

Why? I quoted a well respected right wing person on it. Is their a fracture on the right now for the board?

You call is pathetic.. but I didn’t say anything. I just quoted a right wing position. 

Is it the position that’s pathetic then? Perhaps then it’s @SoCal Deekyou’re calling pathetic and should voice your issues to them?

• Vomit 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:07 AM, John Adams said:

This thread doesn’t seem to have come to a conclusion. Color me shocked. 

Maybe turn off the PPP for just football season and see if TBD works without it. When it does, decide if you want to reopen the box. 

The people saying TBD needs PPP are slightly (!) exaggerating. 

Go Bills and yes I still accept your unanimous nomination for ultimate power here. See my first act above. 

Hey man, this is a self moderating thread device.

It listens to all your problems and appreciates the input.

Myself personally, I think with the right post scoring system, like, dislike or neutral. Go say 10 negative the post gets deleted. 10 post deletions gets you a vacation. Mod governing is worth 5. Forum self moderation could be established IMO.

I have zero desire to become an actual mod. I'm offering my help to you SDS If you would like to try something like this that allows the forum patrons to have a say in the moderation. I've been a member of this online community to long not to offer my services. 

Edited by Figster

11 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Why? I quoted a well respected right wing person on it. Is their a fracture on the right now for the board?

You call is pathetic.. but I didn’t say anything. I just quoted a right wing position. 

Is it the position that’s pathetic then? Perhaps then it’s @SoCal Deekyou’re calling pathetic and should voice your issues to them?

Well, to be accurate, I referred to your post as pathetic, not you individually.  You could be a front line worker at a hospital, a law enforcement officer keeping us safe, or a custom dress designer for AOC—all noble professions and all helping the public in some unique way.  I try hard not to insult people personally, so I’ll shoulder the burden if that is what you thought and apologize. I don’t think you’re pathetic, Back, and Deek is a good poster.   

Continuing on the accuracy trajectory, you didn’t just quote Deek, you quoted, referenced a poster gone a year as some odd comparison to B, declared that consensus has been achieved, and opined that another member of the community should be removed from the board because you don’t like the content of his posts.  

Here, and on the main board, there are hundreds of posts including links to any variety of sources on any given week, and if you’re going to be the board school marm pointing out perceived TOS violations, you have your work cut out for you. 

I just felt that in the moment, it was quicker to refer to your post as pathetic. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, to be accurate, I referred to your post as pathetic, not you individually.  You could be a front line worker at a hospital, a law enforcement officer keeping us safe, or a custom dress designer for AOC—all noble professions and all helping the public in some unique way.  I try hard not to insult people personally, so I’ll shoulder the burden if that is what you thought and apologize. I don’t think you’re pathetic, Back, and Deek is a good poster.   

Continuing on the accuracy trajectory, you didn’t just quote Deek, you quoted, referenced a poster gone a year as some odd comparison to B, declared that consensus has been achieved, and opined that another member of the community should be removed from the board because you don’t like the content of his posts.  

Here, and on the main board, there are hundreds of posts including links to any variety of sources on any given week, and if you’re going to be the board school marm pointing out perceived TOS violations, you have your work cut out for you. 

I just felt that in the moment, it was quicker to refer to your post as pathetic. 

I did reference a long gone poster. When looking at moderation, we should consider the worst of us. He was the worst us. A moderator needs to make decisions like that. 

Your argument is everyone does it so it’s ok. It’s not okay. You seem to be right slanted and part of that policy is saying you’re the party of personal responsibility. Well, it’s one person, clearly violating the rules. Why aren’t you saying something about it? 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

I did reference a long gone poster. When looking at moderation, we should consider the worst of us. He was the worst us. A moderator needs to make decisions like that. 

Your argument is everyone does it so it’s ok. It’s not okay. You seem to be right slanted and part of that policy is saying you’re the party of personal responsibility. Well, it’s one person, clearly violating the rules. Why aren’t you saying something about it? 

Now I’m confused.  In an  earlier post you seemed to indicate the right and left had reached an agreement, and then later you indicated that the sum total of your previous post was to quote So Cal Deek.  Now it seems you’ve abandoned the premise of both posts, suggesting at least one “right-slanted” poster (the affable leh-nerd skin-nerd) isn’t at all in agreement with you, while also acknowledging that your “I only posted another persons quote” wasn’t quite truthful.  

This after I went and apologized.  What a bust. 

I never suggested anything about anything being ok because everyone does it, but now that you mention it, it is odd to me that this is a hot button issue for you.  I haven’t read the TOS, really have no idea what might be in there beyond the obvious things that can get a fella into trouble on a board like this.   Let’s assume you’re correct.   Now that you mention it though, I think it must actually be “ok” because so many people do it without consequence.  I guess I’d see it like driving 69 on the thruway v the posted 65.  Maybe someday it won’t be treated like that, but for now it is, wouldn’t you agree? 

I disagree with your thoughts on DR, I thought he was an outstanding poster.  I also think that when the decision to ban him was made, the site owner explained why things went down the way they did and I accepted that.  Using my speeding on the thruway analogy, while 69 might be ok, 80 likely will have consequences.  I never met the Rhino, my only interaction with him was on the board, but I enjoyed interacting with him.   Still, if you go 80, you go 80.  He’s moved on, some here have not.  

Right now, it just seems to me that while some posters drive 65, some 69, and some 80, you’re the guy sitting alongside the road in camouflage with night vision binoculars and an abacus calling into the Trooper barracks when your calculations project  a speed of  66 or higher.   

Have a good night. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Now I’m confused.  In an  earlier post you seemed to indicate the right and left had reached an agreement, and then later you indicated that the sum total of your previous post was to quote So Cal Deek.  Now it seems you’ve abandoned the premise of both posts, suggesting at least one “right-slanted” poster (the affable leh-nerd skin-nerd) isn’t at all in agreement with you, while also acknowledging that your “I only posted another persons quote” wasn’t quite truthful.  

This after I went and apologized.  What a bust. 

I never suggested anything about anything being ok because everyone does it, but now that you mention it, it is odd to me that this is a hot button issue for you.  I haven’t read the TOS, really have no idea what might be in there beyond the obvious things that can get a fella into trouble on a board like this.   Let’s assume you’re correct.   Now that you mention it though, I think it must actually be “ok” because so many people do it without consequence.  I guess I’d see it like driving 69 on the thruway v the posted 65.  Maybe someday it won’t be treated like that, but for now it is, wouldn’t you agree? 

I disagree with your thoughts on DR, I thought he was an outstanding poster.  I also think that when the decision to ban him was made, the site owner explained why things went down the way they did and I accepted that.  Using my speeding on the thruway analogy, while 69 might be ok, 80 likely will have consequences.  I never met the Rhino, my only interaction with him was on the board, but I enjoyed interacting with him.   Still, if you go 80, you go 80.  He’s moved on, some here have not.  

Right now, it just seems to me that while some posters drive 65, some 69, and some 80, you’re the guy sitting alongside the road in camouflage with night vision binoculars and an abacus calling into the Trooper barracks when your calculations project  a speed of  66 or higher.   

Have a good night. 

Not at all. What’s obvious is obvious. Go online at a random part of the day and you’ll see the same poster spamming the board where he’s the same poster in 10 posts in a row. In all 10 posts he hasn’t said a word but has shared sources that are poor at the worst and out right false in most cases.

We can sun this argument up is one quick question. Should a poster be able to post almost all the times poorly sourced webpages…. Ok let’s dump that language and just say should a poster be able to post random articles with no background or opinion?

That’s it.

Lets as a board decide here, is spamming the board with articles and no opinion something we want here or is it spam?

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Not at all. What’s obvious is obvious. Go online at a random part of the day and you’ll see the same poster spamming the board where he’s the same poster in 10 posts in a row. In all 10 posts he hasn’t said a word but has shared sources that are poor at the worst and out right false in most cases.

We can sun this argument up is one quick question. Should a poster be able to post almost all the times poorly sourced webpages…. Ok let’s dump that language and just say should a poster be able to post random articles with no background or opinion?

That’s it.

Lets as a board decide here, is spamming the board with articles and no opinion something we want here or is it spam?

No.  End of thread.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

IF it wasn't for B-Man, we wouldn't hear even half of the crazy stuff the Dems are trying to pull.

Personally, I use him as a daily news feed.

Also, I haven't seen him post anything false; most are editorials based on current events; no different than any other MSM "journalist."

There is certainly a bias, but what media isn't biased? Just means it's up to each person to verify, research, and compile the data themselves.

Since he's not spamming the boards with new threads, I see it more like he's updating old ones, which is great!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Albwan said:

haha libtard deflection is hysterical. 

Let this guy moderate. What a post.

He brings a ton to the table.

15 hours ago, Albwan said:

..only in your wet dreams, sis

Edited by 716er