ISO: Suggestions for moderators at PPP

SDS

20 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

On what grounds?

There’s a poster over there relentlessly screaming that NY State shouldn’t kick in on the costs of the stadium. To that I simply suggested that this person vote for different State leadership next time. That was apparently wrong of me. I have no idea why. Seemed to me like the only thing this person could do about it. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Funny you mentioned this in the moderator thread. I got privately chastised by a moderator on the football side for extolling the benefits of public construction funding. While others  drone on and on unimpeded about how rotten the billionaire Pegulas are. And as far as I can tell I’m the one with a FORTY YEAR resume on the  topic. Odd. 

I hear stories like this and it makes me wonder what the rules are.  

I followed the thread you referenced and it was as you’ve suggested—everyone with an opinion, billionaires good billionaires bad etc.  

Not sure why you would be punched in the nose on that stance—-was it discussing funding at all, or because you’re an advocate of the public funding as it currently stands?  

If that’s off the table, and the dome is off the table, aren’t we pretty much limited to “It’s good to build it” v “No stadium is needed.”?  

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I hear stories like this and it makes me wonder what the rules are.  

I followed the thread you referenced and it was as you’ve suggested—everyone with an opinion, billionaires good billionaires bad etc.  

Not sure why you would be punched in the nose on that stance—-was it discussing funding at all, or because you’re an advocate of the public funding as it currently stands?  

If that’s off the table, and the dome is off the table, aren’t we pretty much limited to “It’s good to build it” v “No stadium is needed.”?  

Somebody was opining that the money would be better spent on childrens’ programs.  My response was that public construction funding is even better than that. Construction is at its heart a blue collar jobs program, where the vast majority of the money is spent and goes right back into the local economy. Apparently it was wrong of me to hold that position. Again…I have no idea why, when as I’ve said I have direct and significant expertise in these matters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

And there it is.

The every three months misunderstanding of my posts.

and (as usual) from one of the newer posters here on PPP.

If you would have clicked on my profile you would have seen that I have been on PPP for over 10 years, I joined right after the Bills board shut down.

As I have explained many times, I am not here to engage in the back and forth that many of you thrive on, in fact if I may be so blunt, there are very few of you here that have seen what I have in my 67 years and I don't want to get down in the mud with you.

Instead, due to the sadly lacking of diversity of thought that many here on the left demonstrate, I have chosen  to be a news aggregator for conservative posting.

That is why when I do post there are usually quite a few at a time, and on a varying number of subjects (not just the flavor of the day).

This is why it is all the more amusing to me when posters like John Adams come down from their mountaintop, to claim that I am a sh*tposter because  of the number of posts in a row...............hilarious .

As for Coffee's latest response, I post FAR MORE articles than tweets,(and even those tweets usually have an article linked to them) they are to sources that it is painfully obvious that many here do not frequent.

So that is why I post, you can read them or not, it does not change my thoughts on the matter, but some of you really should try and expand what you expose yourselves to.

As to the thread title, I am indeed one of the Moderators over at the more open board (BillsFans) and I would invite you to join us over there.

its good to do what your doing as your right. as long as it is on topic, in most cases i see it is. you also use the post as a tool to redirect things back on track instead of what others do..try their best to derail a thread they don't like the discussions on or let it devolve into pages of arguments and whatabouts..which we are all guilty of at some level i guess.

at the same time.

i think that you should at least add a touch of personal thought and context as well though. adding information not easily found is fine but what is it about that information that you feel is important? do we auto assume when you post a story info that you agree with everything it is saying every time?

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

its good to do what your doing as your right. as long as it is on topic, in most cases i see it is. you also use the post as a tool to redirect things back on track instead of what others do..try their best to derail a thread they don't like the discussions on or let it devolve into pages of arguments and whatabouts..which we are all guilty of at some level i guess.

i think that you should at least add a touch of personal thought and context as well though. adding information not easily found is fine but what is it about that information that you feel is important? do we auto assume when you post a story info that you agree with everything it is saying every time?

A good question. And a point that I have not handled well with my posts.

No. You should absolutely not assume that I agree with everything that I post, that is something that the weaker posters here have always assumed.

I will try and add a little something, as Buffarukus suggests, however I would point out that when I have done that in the past, posters have tended to respond only to my remarks and not the article as I had intended.

But if it helps clarify things, that might be helpful.

BOT  B-Man out.

😆

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/7/2022 at 1:45 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Somebody was opining that the money would be better spent on childrens’ programs.  My response was that public construction funding is even better than that. Construction is at its heart a blue collar jobs program, where the vast majority of the money is spent and goes right back into the local economy. Apparently it was wrong of me to hold that position. Again…I have no idea why, when as I’ve said I have direct and significant expertise in these matters.

IMO it would be better spent pretty much anywhere than in a cement structure for a bunch of drunk idiots to scream and yell at a bunch of overpaid men ramming into each other like a demolition derby.  The difference is there is a lot more action in demolition derby than a football game. 

Carry on…..

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

IMO it would be better spent pretty much anywhere than in a cement structure for a bunch of drunk idiots to scream and yell at a bunch of overpaid men ramming into each other like a demolition derby.  The difference is there is a lot more action in demolition derby than a football game. 

Carry on…..

The technical term is concrete…not cement. Cement is the powder that when mixed with sand, aggregate, and water becomes concrete. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, 716er said:

An unhinged DR impersonator.

What a life to live. 

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Unlike the actual DR, I have zero desire to interact with any of you blithering idiots.

Once you prove yourself worthy, and you most definitely have in a few short posts today, I bid you adieu with a one final ***** off and a one way irrevocable ticket to my ignore list.

Ready?

***** off.

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

ALF considers it to be a honor to also be on DRsGhost ignore list , thank you, seriously.

When someone has to let you know they are ignoring you, they might just be starved for a little extra attention they're not getting at home. You know what they say...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 716er said:

When someone has to let you know they are ignoring you, they might just be starved for a little extra attention they're not getting at home. You know what they say...

Maybe he didn't care for your "it takes a pedo to know a pedo" insinuation. Not quite ballsy enough to say it, but close. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

Hey one of those who support the commie left has joined the thread.

In keeping with the spirit of treating you with the complete lack of respect and decorum that you deserve.....

***** you @BillStime!

Straight up hatred. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Beast said:

https://www.westernjournal.com/buffalo-suspects-manifesto-revealed-5-statements-proving-wasnt-christian-conservative/

Wrap your pea brain around it, Tibs. The kid was a Left Wing lunatic that denounced Conservatives and Fox News.

PPP - the place to guzzle white nationalist apologizing fake news - straight from Western Journal dot Com.

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Another gem

6 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

I love it how you idiots think I'm a Trump guy.

If it's one thing I hate, its that you morons suffer from TDS so badly that you actually make me defend the orange, blowhard, narcissistic a-hole.

And that's a rich accusation coming from a dickwad who worships at the altar of the corrupt DC swamp rats on this committee day after day.

Open wide and swallow your daily load son.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Hey, don’t kink shame.

Fair. I would argue, though, the poster referencing the act of "opening wide and swallowing his daily load" as if he is talking to his son. Not sure that's a kink. It's weird and creepy.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 716er said:

Fair. I would argue, though, the poster referencing the act of "opening wide and swallowing his daily load" as if he is talking to his son. Not sure that's a kink. It's weird and creepy.

Accusing people of ***** AND pedophilia.  So civil.  

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Accusing people of ***** AND pedophilia.  So civil.  

In @716er's defense, @DRsGhost is probably the single dumbest person on this board and has not only never added anything of value, but actively works to make the board as bad as possible.

If the purpose of this board was to facilitate good discussion and discourage trolling, they would be banned.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

In @716er's defense, @DRsGhost is probably the single dumbest person on this board and has not only never added anything of value, but actively works to make the board as bad as possible.

If the purpose of this board was to facilitate good discussion and discourage trolling, they would be banned.

What has 716er added beyond veiled accusations?  It's OK to see hypocrisy on your own side of the aisle.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/29/2022 at 10:38 PM, ChiGoose said:

As I said to another poster, I'll take that analysis from you and wear it as a badge of honor.

The guy who follows a sham partisan committee and provides regurgitated "recaps" of its BS as if it's going to reveal anything close to the truth....shouldn't be banned at all.

But he should most definitely be mocked.

This is PPP. Grow a pair boys.

Edited by DRsGhost
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/29/2022 at 10:38 PM, ChiGoose said:

And how very Twitter, Facebook and Ministry of Truth of you....

Someone is posting something against my line of thinking???

Ban them.

You're a clown.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

And how very Twitter, Facebook and Ministry of Truth of you....

Someone is posting something against my line of thinking???

Ban them.

You're a clown.

That’s what they do at your safe place.

Hypocrites 

• Sad 1

On 7/3/2022 at 3:57 PM, BillStime said:

That’s what they do at your safe place.

Hypocrites 

How long are you going to have sour grapes about not being invited to joint a  completely different website?  Get over it, they don't want you.   We don't either, but Irv doesn't yet have the power to give you the boot.  😮 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

How long are you going to have sour grapes about not being invited to joint a  completely different website?  Get over it, they don't want you.   We don't either, but Irv doesn't yet have the power to give you the boot.  😮 

Invited? 

Why did they boot non cult members?

• Sad 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Invited? 

Why did they boot non cult members?

I have no idea, I am not a mod or even a member there. But maybe you were being a complete d-nozzle like you tend to be here. 

• Shocked 1