In your opinion, what’s the hardest position?

If your criteria is weighted toward the mental challenge, of course it's QB, and it's not close.  If you're talking about enduring physical beatings, then you can debate four or five different positions, including running back and nose tackle.  There are a couple positions that have unique challenges.  A tight end is challenged by having to be both a skill position player and enduring the physical challenge of blocking big men.  Cornerbacks face the challenge of having to react to extremely fast and athletic WRs in an era where the rules all favor the offensive player.  

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Anyone who said “QB” is obviously not

thinking straight. You’re saying Tom Brady plays the most difficult position in sports (dink, dunk, hand off, sneak) and Tre White doesn’t (trying to cover Speedsters, crossing routes, deep routes, keeping eye on RB’s, tackling TE’s and RB’s). You’re all out of your gourds. 

Yeah, calling out line protections pre snap to pick up the blitz, reading the coverage that D coordinators spend days disguising. Leading guys like Tre with their eyes to open an extra 6 inches of room to put the ball in. Audibles....yeah they just hand the ball off, crazy I didn't see that.

My favorite part about football is that questions like this have no meaningful answers. Apart from Left Guard vs. Right Guard, how many positions are really comparable? Which is harder, left tackle or slot receiver? It's like comparing insurance adjusters to veterinarians. 

11 minutes ago, mbs said:

My favorite part about football is that questions like this have no meaningful answers. Apart from Left Guard vs. Right Guard, how many positions are really comparable? Which is harder, left tackle or slot receiver? It's like comparing insurance adjusters to veterinarians. 

Excluding QB. 

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Excluding QB. 

My point is that it would be much harder for Josh Allen to play left tackle than it would for him to play QB. Linebacker, maybe he could do that. QB is the most important position so it's more of a problem when your guy is average, but that's different from saying the position itself is harder to play.

• Like (+1) 1

Wear and tear / taking a beating,  or intellectually? 

Last I checked I've never seen a CB make 40M/yr. Yes it's a challenging position but the weight of the world is on a qb. If a top qb goes down the point spread moves 2-3 points. That doesn't happen for a cb. Half the time CB's play zone. Qb is the hardest position in all of sports and it always will be.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

… the hardest position…, let me get out my copy of the Kama sutra, and have a look see,  I’ll get back to you on this…,

• Thank you (+1) 1