Speed: John Brown vs E Sanders

Anyone concerned that John Brown's ability to keep safeties deep was lost when E Sanders replaced him?   

Anyone have their relative 40 times?    I don't recall Sanders being a burner.   Hope I am wrong..

Concerned we have a great, but less fast WR group, and secondaries will accordingly play tighter to the line of scrimmage.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

Is it that much difference in their speed to make much difference? Either way, I'm sure Sanders will draw his share of attention from opposing defenses regardless. imo I think Sanders is a slight improvement over Brown.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Anyone concerned that John Brown's ability to keep safeties deep was lost when E Sanders replaced him?   

Anyone have their relative 40 times?    I don't recall Sanders being a burner.   Hope I am wrong..

Concerned we have a great, but less fast WR group, and secondaries will accordingly play tighter to the line of scrimmage.  

Speed is overrated unless it’s Tyreek hill speed. Sanders route tree is much better and Sanders Diggs and even Davis have shown they can get over the top. I’m sure McKenzie can too. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Speed is overrated unless it’s Tyreek hill speed. Sanders route tree is much better and Sanders Diggs and even Davis have shown they can get over the top. I’m sure McKenzie can too. 

Exactly this.  

• Like (+1) 1

You obviously don’t trust the process

Seriously though, I think we have enough speed to threaten deep. Diggs, Sanders and Davis can all get behind the D if they cheat up. They aren’t going to outright burn past them but savy route running and play calling will result in plenty of deep opportunities. Stevenson will give you that speed you are looking for once he’s healthy. I loved Brown for what he helped us achieve but he’s done and would be probably #5 WR on our current roster. 

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 1