PostGame Thread Bills @ Bears

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think it was after the game, an NFL Network announcer said Fields blew the call on the blocking assignments.  He was supposed to have identified Smith as a potential rusher and adjusted the blocking.   That's the kind of thing that keeps rookies on the sideline.   Or gets them injured.  

Yep. The free rusher is always the QB's responsibility. Fields learned a lesson today. Glad he was ok. 

17 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

that’s not what I said at all. If you were looking at things evenly, without the idea Basham was a 2nd round pick, Basham would prob be the odd man out. That’s what I said, I also said he clearly isn’t going to be cut. Which is what makes the decision super hard. Obada, Addison, or Johnson is going and I think I’d lean towards cutting Addison but I don’t think that happens

The fact Creed Humphrey was there biases me a lot. Humphrey looked very good at C for KC last game. Should have given JA a C to play with for the next 10 years, especially after Rousseau was taken in the first.

Kelly without Hull may not be as pretty.

That said, I thought Boogie played well. Can't redo the draft now. I thought he flashed today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The other fellas' beach had a nicer view, though . . . 

Other than THAT kinda' view........the views along Lakeshore are pretty spectacular.   Would have been a great weekend to be in Chicago and out on the lake.    Great weather,  Cubs at home on Friday and the Bills destroying the Bears.    One of the best preseason games in Bills history.  

The Big Cat was probably there.........if we had heat maps of the area we could know for sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he did fine on the rest of his returns.

Turnovers is the number one factor in NFL losses.   You turn it over, you lose.  Muff a punt, that's a 40-yard play for the opponent, and you put the defense back on the field.   Simply can't afford it.  It's one of the reasons Roberts is so good.   He's really sure-handed.  McKenzie never has been.   

McKenzie apparently spent the off-season catching punts.  Looks like it didn't help.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He has the fastest 40 of any of our CB's, Tre included. 

Didn't know that. I was a Tariq Thompson pre season fan, but that allegiance is going to McCloud.

He just keeps making plays. And apparently he is fast.

Wildgoose did play better today, but I like McCloud right now.

Siran Neal should never play outside in meaningful games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LyndonvilleBill said:

Must be. Doesn't look as quick as I thought he would. Singletary actually looks quicker to me.

I thought Brieda looked like a threat to take it to the house on several plays, and definitely has a faster top gear than Motor. 

But Motor is getting to his top gear with sudden acceleration this season. Loving his new found explosion! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Must be. Doesn't look as quick as I thought he would. Singletary actually looks quicker to me.

I agree.  And Moss may be better than both.  Moss punishes people.   He needs a little bigger hole than Singletary, but he finishes well.  And actually, Devin finishes pretty well, too.  They're both good at getting the extra yard when he needs it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

His coverage was very good on the deep TD, and he played the ball well, too.  Sometimes the other guy wins.  

1 minute ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Didn't know that. I was a Tariq Thompson pre season fan, but that allegiance is going to McCloud.

He just keeps making plays. And apparently he is fast.

Wildgoose did play better today, but I like McCloud right now.

I think Dane also excels in short to intermediate coverage, and run support. But he got toasted deep by Herbert last year, and is more of a liability in deep coverage than Levi.

Here's hoping McCloud is a diamond in the rough on the outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Daboll to Nagy, “He’s my Mitch now”. (In his Huggy Bear voice)

The truth is, whoever gets Daboll and Trubisky next offseason wins the non draft pick lottery.

A total reset with a great offensive mind and a QB 1 yr into the system.

Guessing it now. Philadelphia Eagles.

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also I remember Fin Fans last week making excuses for TUA talking about how good the bears defense is. Mitch and BU WRs shredded that defense. They really should start worrying about Tua. 

They should’ve been worrying about him last year too. He sucks! So glad that the Dolphins are trying to give him more time. They can stay down in the division longer.

Edited by BillsFan619

4 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

The truth is, whoever gets Daboll and Trubisky next offseason wins the non draft pick lottery.

A total rest with a great offensive mind and a QB 1 yr into the season.

Daboll didn’t even want to interview with them this past off season, doubt he goes there. 

Edited by gordong
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

A total reset with a great offensive mind and a QB 1 yr into the system.

Watch, It will be the Bears!!! LMAO.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1