Postgame podcasts' preposterous punishment of particular participants.

I drive around quite a bit listening to pods.  I was wondering if we watched the same game.  One guy suggested that Basham be redshirted for a year.  Sure, try and put that guy on the practice squad.  Same guy was impressed with Breida.  Also trashed Cody Ford and praised Duke Williams.  He also pointed out that he watched the game in 45 minutes.  

He questioned why Cody Ford was on the field for so many plays.  I'm guessing they wanted him there.  

Regarding Basham....the man has talent.  Give him time.  

Isn't the main point of preseason to evaluate talent and make roster decisions?  Sure, it's always fun to win, but as one podcaster pointed out, the year the Pats went 18-0 they were 0-4 in preseason.  Back in the day Marv didn't seem to do anything in preseason except try to fill the roster.  

Breida's runs were probably designed more to get him some action than to reveal how he will be used in regular season.  I don't see him as an offtackle running back.  Do you?

We missed some tackles, but we made a lot of tackles.  Detroit missed tackles too.  The rust is coming off.  Dane Jackson whiffed on one, but we all know he can tackle.  It's preseason.  If you're going to miss a tackle, that's probably when you want to do it. 

I like Joe Marino's takes.  He's been on Bobby Hart's back since they signed him.  Why is Hart still on the team?  

I don't know what to make of Friday's game.  I suspect that our coaches had a busy weekend looking at film.  Should we abandon Tommy Doyle because he struggled?  How about we show him what went wrong, what went right, and help him.  This game is a bit more of a challenge than what he faced at Miami of freakin' Ohio.  

One guy I liked was Stevenson.  I like the way he ran back kicks, and especially liked the bomb he caught that saved the game on 4th down.  Showed guts.  Had he dropped that pass we would've lost the game.  

But then again, I don't have a podcast, and my opinion is as valid/b.s. as anybody else round here.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I drive around quite a bit listening to pods.  I was wondering if we watched the same game.  One guy suggested that Basham be redshirted for a year.  Sure, try and put that guy on the practice squad.  Same guy was impressed with Breida.  Also trashed Cody Ford and praised Duke Williams.  He also pointed out that he watched the game in 45 minutes.  

He questioned why Cody Ford was on the field for so many plays.  I'm guessing they wanted him there.  

Isn't the main point of preseason to evaluate talent and make roster decisions?  Sure, it's always fun to win, but as one podcaster pointed out, the year the Pats went 18-0 they were 0-4 in preseason.  Back in the day Marv didn't seem to do anything in preseason except try to fill the roster.  

Breida's runs were probably designed more to get him some action than to reveal how he will be used in regular season.  I don't see him as an offtackle running back.  Do you?

We missed some tackles, but we made a lot of tackles.  Detroit missed tackles too.  The rust is coming off.  Dane Jackson whiffed on one, but we all know he can tackle.  It's preseason.  If you're going to miss a tackle, that's probably when you want to do it. 

I like Joe Marino's takes.  He's been on Bobby Hart's back since they signed him.  Why is Hart still on the team?  

I don't know what to make of Friday's game.  I suspect that our coaches had a busy weekend looking at film.  Should we abandon Tommy Doyle because he struggled?  How about we show him what went wrong, what went right, and help him.  This game is a bit more of a challenge than what he faced at Miami of freakin' Ohio.  

One guy I liked was Stevenson.  I like the way he ran back kicks, and especially liked the bomb he caught that saved the game on 4th down.  Showed guts.  Had he dropped that pass we would've lost the game.  

But then again, I don't have a podcast, and my opinion is as valid/b.s. as anybody else round here.

With his speed, I do.  But I think he can also run between the tackles.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree that Brieda's strengths are probably never going to include running inside with lots of traffic, but if he only runs outside the tackles, every DC the Bills face will know it and strategize accordingly.  He has to be at least somewhat effective inside to have effectiveness outside.  Buffalo cut 3 offensive linemen.  I assume that's because they were worse than Bobby Hart.  I watched Hart too, and I know he's lousy.  I very much doubt he makes the 53 man roster, but there's plenty of time to cut him.  I'm guessing Doyle is destined for the PS.  He's athletic enough to play tackle in the NFL, but needs far more work to get there than he can get in one training camp.  No need to be in a hurry.  Yeah Stevenson had a nice play.  I think he had a decent return as well.  I think the coaches are ready to commit to Isaiah McKenzie.  Stevenson is likely another PS candidate.

39 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

That’s why I was hoping Bass would miss the kick so he wouldn’t when it really counts.  Oh well, at least he screwed up the squib.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Probably will call wgr and ask why doesn’t Wade start over Singletary. 

Everything we're seeing on the field from the Bills at this point is as vanilla as it gets. It's not even Breyer's Natural Vanilla, it's more like the Great Value Vanilla. These guys are just out here to get some work in and get used to live game speed. In actuality I'd bet the coaches already have an idea of everyone making the roster except for maybe 5 total slots that are truly up for grabs.

I've liked the Stevenson pick from the jump. I've always thought that he has the potential to be what Foster could have been. Stevenson tracks the ball better in the air though and has that ST's value to go along with being a burner. 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That’s why I was hoping Bass would miss the kick so he wouldn’t when it really counts.  Oh well, at least he screwed up the squib.

It was an NFC game, too - losing would've given us crucial hypothetical tiebreakers

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Everything we're seeing on the field from the Bills at this point is as vanilla as it gets. It's not even Breyer's Natural Vanilla, it's more like the Great Value Vanilla. These guys are just out here to get some work in and get used to live game speed. In actuality I'd bet the coaches already have an idea of everyone making the roster except for maybe 5 total slots that are truly up for grabs.

I've liked the Stevenson pick from the jump. I've always thought that he has the potential to be what Foster could have been. Stevenson tracks the ball better in the air though and has that ST's value to go along with being a burner. 

Couldn’t agree more. The practices really give the staff the opportunity to make the evaluations. It’s the last few spots on the roster that come down to preseason game performance.