Peter King FMIA article feature Bills camp

BillsMafi$

Peters report is pretty solid and he’s right about the pass rush being the biggest thing to the season…(even though I personally would add the running game to this) but his comments about Allen are pretty spot on…Josh has a chance to be one of the best ever but he’s got another mountain to climb and that mountain is in Kansas City.  

4 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Decent read. I agree with his take on Allen needing to finish strong in big games.

He did finish strong in the wins against the Colts and the Ravens.   I agree that the road to the SB will be through the Chiefs and Allen has to win against them.  Like anything else, everyone always looks at Allen's failure as a zero sum game.

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Peters report is pretty solid and he’s right about the pass rush being the biggest thing to the season…(even though I personally would add the running game to this) but his comments about Allen are pretty spot on…Josh has a chance to be one of the best ever but he’s got another mountain to climb and that mountain is in Kansas City.  

Cornerback is still a huge concern.

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Peter??. Is this guy a friend?? 🙂

7 minutes ago, eball said:

This “camp report” said absolutely nothing those of us who follow the Bills didn’t already know.  The stuff from Rodgers was the most interesting part of the column.

The Green Bay fans probably feel similar about the Rodgers stuff. Peter King is covering the whole league it is tough for him to uncover nuggets that local guys haven't already got to during camp when he is literally in and out for 24 hours. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The Green Bay fans probably feel similar about the Rodgers stuff. Peter King is covering the whole league it is tough for him to uncover nuggets that local guys haven't already got to during camp when he is literally in and out for 24 hours. 

I completely understand that.  Doesn’t make it less “meh” for me to read as a Bills fan.  And the Green Bay stuff was a lot of direct quotes from Rodgers in an interview he gave King that the local GB writers don’t have.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

"Local guys" and "uncover nuggets" do not belong together in Buffalo sports.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

He did finish strong in the wins against the Colts and the Ravens.   I agree that the road to the SB will be through the Chiefs and Allen has to win against them.  Like anything else, everyone always looks at Allen's failure as a zero sum game.

Cornerback is still a huge concern.

Our pass blocking is our biggest concern. Dawkins hasn't practiced and our guards aren't determined yet. Our game is passing, this will always be our biggest concern.

12 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Decent read. I agree with his take on Allen needing to finish strong in big games.

This^^^^

Allen has to play better in the playoffs. It’s really that simple. Mind you, I am not saying he played poorly but if he wants to be talked about as the best, he has to be the best in big games.  God forbid that he becomes the next Donavan McNabb or dare I say, Jim Kelly, who just never quite got to the top of the mountain. I truly hope he learns from Jim.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

This “camp report” said absolutely nothing those of us who follow the Bills didn’t already know.  The stuff from Rodgers was the most interesting part of the column.

I never expect a national media guy to give me information I don't already know except when (1) there's a personnel move, or (2) they have a good interview.

King has tremendous access to NFL players, coaches, and scouts.  Sometimes the information he picks up interviewing them is interesting.  Not this time.

Unless you count this quote from Bean about Boogie, “His inside-outside versatility’s been impressive.”  We've actually heard that before but it might be a hint at how they plan to use him.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^

Allen has to play better in the playoffs. It’s really that simple. Mind you, I am not saying he played poorly but if he wants to be talked about as the best, he has to be the best in big games.  God forbid that he becomes the next Donavan McNabb or dare I say, Jim Kelly, who just never quite got to the top of the mountain. I truly hope he learns from Jim.

Let's take a look at Josh in the playoffs.  I'm ignoring the Houston game because Josh was still playing a lot of hero ball at that point.

Against Indy he was the best player on the field; he's the only reason the Bills won.

Against Baltimore he outplayed Jackson in a wind storm, didn't turn the ball over, and led the game-winning TD drive at the start of the 2nd half.

Against KC he basically moved the Bills up and down the field but given the dinged-up receiver situation they simply didn't finish drives with TDs, and he had that very untimely INT off John Brown's hands.

To sum up, I don't think Josh "failed us" in last season's playoffs and he didn't "lay an egg" against KC.  There were a lot of factors at play against Buffalo in that game.

Before I start saying -- or listening to someone say -- Josh "can't win the big games" I need a larger sample size, because what I've seen so far doesn't suggest that at all.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Running the football did not effect the outcome of any game they played.  I feel that is just a lazy narrative.

“Back in the day I tried to play pissed off on the field and I found myself not playing very well, tensed up. Now, whether it be small things like listening to calming music pregame, to not be so hyped and anxious for the game.”

Hard to admit that in a violent game I suppose. 

Pretty sure I'm realizing that too, I know i do my worst work when I'm pissed at my job/co-workers. Usually will humble me for a day or two when I make a mistake everyone knows and sees. 

God I hope the Bills or someone else in the AFC can get past KC.

17 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Very good article.  I am especially enjoying the Aaron Rodgers piece since of all of teams I cheer for in NFC Green Bay is #1.

Maybe once Rodgers leaves I’ll start rooting for GB as my NFC team 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Peter King is not your friend

Yes I still haven’t forgotten how he picked the dolphins to win the AFCE last year 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1