Training camp media and practice 8/15

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Training camp media and practice 8/15
3 minutes ago, Putin said:

I have a question for anyone who may know 

Did we have all of our starters on ST kickoff and punt return ? 

Not sure what you mean.

Did we have starters playing on STs in the Detroit game OR do we have all of the ST player positions locked?

9 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Thanks Yolo.

Stefon and Josh can be bubble wrapped for the next couple weeks, and that would be fine with me.  Their chemistry is already off the charts.  Get them a few days of work before Week 1 and all set

I wouldn’t play diggs at all with that knee until week 1. I’m not sure about Allen. Highly dependent on Dawkins. 

• Agree 3

39 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not sure what you mean.

Did we have starters playing on STs in the Detroit game OR do we have all of the ST player positions locked?

In Detroit game 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

In Detroit game 

When I re-watched the game yesterday I noticed a lot of young guys on the PS.  FWIW.

@Hapless Bills Fanhad some type of info showing who was on the field for each drive.

I'm not sure if that had the ST snap count per drive too.  That would be pretty cool to look at.

What say you Hap?

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t play diggs at all with that knee until week 1. I’m not sure about Allen. Highly dependent on Dawkins. 

I wouldn’t Allen at all in the preseason , 

If we want a shot at the # 1 seed we can not afford for Josh to miss any regular season  games ..

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

When I re-watched the game yesterday I noticed a lot of young guys on the PS.  FWIW.

@Hapless Bills Fanhad some type of info showing who was on the field for each drive.

I'm not sure if that had the ST snap count per drive too.  That would be pretty cool to look at.

What say you Hap?

It would be hard ( IMO ) to evaluate Stevenson in the return game if we do not have our starters blocking for him , 

or am I wrong? 

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

I wouldn’t Allen at all in the preseason , 

If we want a shot at the # 1 seed we can not afford for Josh to miss any regular season  games ..

It would be hard ( IMO ) to evaluate Stevenson in the return game if we do not have our starters blocking for him , 

or am I wrong? 

I think that’s true but also even if the starters were out there, they usually aren’t putting their blocking schemes on film during the Preseason so there typically isn’t much to take from KR/PR. I think most evaluation of that role is done in practice. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

or am I wrong? 

I see your point but after you take out your key ST players the turnover on ST is pretty high every year.

The key ST guys are PR, KR, Gunners, Jammers and Personnel Protector.  @GunnerBilldid a great job educating on that.

Like I said without the details it's hard to analyze. 

Good thing is Farwell knows what he is evaluating way better than us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m still pissed at Hyde for going at Diggs that hard in practice...It’s almost like doing it to a Josh Allen...you gotta lay off your star players...

Nah...the defense needs that swag too. Hyde is a star veteran for this team. It was a clean play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Nah...the defense needs that swag too. Hyde is a star veteran for this team. It was a clean play.

Apparently not clean enough if Diggs is going on his second week of being out...gotta know better, otherwise the team suffers...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting if Hodgkins injury might clear the way for him to be stashed on IR again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Apparently not clean enough if Diggs is going on his second week of being out...gotta know better, otherwise the team suffers...

You can put guys in bubble wrap and it's still possible they get hurt. You could remove all the rubber mats from the practice facilities and somebody could still get hurt. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You can put guys in bubble wrap and it's still possible they get hurt. You could remove all the rubber mats from the practice facilities and somebody could still get hurt. 

I understand what you’re saying, but we’re not talking about inanimate objects in this case...we are not talking about soft tissue injuries induced by the player, himself...we’re talking about a collision by two players that was unnecessary, and that could have easily been avoided...

Now we risk having our all-pro receiver out indefinitely because our vet safety felt he needed to play with some “swag”, as LeGOATski put it...great...

If you are down with that, that’s fine- you are entitled to your opinion...but I am not down with that, especially if it ends up costing us regular season games- or worse, Diggs missing the season due to needing surgery...I know, call me crazy- but stuff like that happens...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

“McDermott on Bobby Hart: “I’ve been happy with the way he’s approached it. Seems to be working on his game. He’s here early and I appreciate that.”

Now there’s a ringing endorsement!  Wonder what he’ll say after next week’s game?

”I’m happy with Bobby Hart. He parks his truck perfectly within the lines in the parking lot. I appreciate that.”

• Haha (+1) 10

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

What say you Hap?

It was a Joe B article in the Athletic and no, @ColoradoBills, it showed offense and defense but not ST.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sweeney in a walking boot?  Ugh!  Didn't he miss last summer's training camp with a foot injury that lingered into the season?

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, well, considering it's been reported:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roundup-latest-training-camp-news-from-wednesday-aug-11?campaign=Twitter_atn

NFL Network's Judy Battista reported 91.7 percent of all players have had at least one dose of the vaccine. Fifteen teams have more than 95 percent of players vaccinated, Battista added.

If the Bills have only gone up " a little bit", that's....Paltry

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I understand what you’re saying, but we’re not talking about inanimate objects in this case...we are not talking about soft tissue injuries induced by the player, himself...we’re talking about a collision by two players that was unnecessary, and that could have easily been avoided...

Now we risk having our all-pro receiver out indefinitely because our vet safety felt he needed to play with some “swag”, as LeGOATski put it...great...

If you are down with that, that’s fine- you are entitled to your opinion...but I am not down with that, especially if it ends up costing us regular season games- or worse, Diggs missing the season due to needing surgery...I know, call me crazy- but stuff like that happens...

Yeah, I  had the thought that McDermott (and certainly Daboll) probably weren't too thrilled with that interception of Hyde's.  Moreover, when he was on-top of Diggs, he rolled over and got to his feet, right over Digg's legs.  I "get it" he was probably just real excited but you can't lose your sense of what you're doing (practicing!) like that.

I don't think "indefinitely" is in the picture.  Remember Diggs stayed on the field and was tossing signed footballs into the stands, and has been walking around at practice coaching players.  My guess is a sprain he might play through during the season, but is taking extra pains to "get right" during training camp. 

Maybe BangedupBills will watch the play and give us his take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I  had the thought that McDermott (and certainly Daboll) probably weren't too thrilled with that interception of Hyde's.  Moreover, when he was on-top of Diggs, he rolled over and got to his feet, right over Digg's legs.  I "get it" he was probably just real excited but you can't lose your sense of what you're doing (practicing!) like that.

I'm willing to bet they gave Hyde the proverbial pat on the back and "nice play" and that was it. You make that play all day in practice no matter who is involved. It's a clean play and this is football.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not to mention Tre White revealed in his interview with Charles Davis last week that McDermott was specifically coaching the DBs to play physical. If he didn't want to risk Diggs, he would just have given him some "veteran rest."

If you can't see a difference between coaching to "play physical" and launching yourself horizontally into the team's star WR to pick a pass in practice, then rolling on his knees as you get up, I don't know what to tell you. 

As Hyde himself has said at times "I'm the 'he be doing too much" friend".   There's a time for that, and practice in training camp is not that time.

I'm sure having film on that will make Allen a better QB...IF Diggs isn't more seriously injured than thought.  It's possibly not a good sign that Diggs has been out at practice and traveling with the team but wasn't out there today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think "indefinitely" is in the picture.  Remember Diggs stayed on the field and was tossing signed footballs into the stands, and has been walking around at practice coaching players.  My guess is a sprain he might play through during the season, but is taking extra pains to "get right" during training camp. 

Maybe BangedupBills will watch the play and give us his take.

This is his take:

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you can't see a difference between coaching to "play physical" and launching yourself horizontally into the team's star WR to pick a pass in practice, then rolling on his knees as you get up, I don't know what to tell you. 

As Hyde himself has said at times "I'm the 'he be doing too much" friend".   There's a time for that, and practice in training camp is not that time.

I'm sure having film on that will make Allen a better QB...IF Diggs isn't more seriously injured than thought.  It's possibly not a good sign that Diggs has been out at practice and traveling with the team but wasn't out there today.

Disagree 100%. The actions and words of the players support what I'm saying. Hyde isn't some bubble player looking to prove a point out there. He knows what's up and, like Tre said, doing exactly what McDermott told them to do. If you want to blame somebody for the Diggs injury, you can blame the coaches.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

McD just needed a reason to set him for preseason IMO Hyde helped. I bet he is fine Ja :)

the other young/ new receivers TE's need plenty  reps and Diggs is a lock and a Pro.

If Allen aint playin and it is nor for the money ? Diggs should sit,

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1