Great Fitzpatrick article in The Athletic

38 minutes ago, wppete said:

You pay for the “newspaper” on the internet???  😂 Amazing!!! Comical. 

All 3 that I read every day.  Buffalo News, Albany Times Union, NY Post.  I get the same edition as the print version.  Total cost this year is $240.  A bargain. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I broke down - ridicule me @wppete all ya want - THIS IS WORTH $6! Great article.  Basically I just started but this quote jumped out at me.

“We were the island of misfit toys,” he says. “Most of us had no business being on an NFL roster, but we made it work.”

That sounds SO like the Bills when Fitz was here!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

You pay for the “newspaper” on the internet???  😂 Amazing!!! Comical. 

Ok, Ok. You’ve made your point -repeatedly. Now you’re just obnoxious.

Take this with you to your seat -I once thought exactly as you do. The Athletic changed this crotchety old man’s stubborn-azzed opinion. Haven’t seen writing this good since Felser & Jim Peters of The News & Courier Express respectively.

Plunk down $3 for the 1st month. Don’t think it’s a better sports read than anything you currently peruse, dump it. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boater said:

I expected this comment to ignite a war in the thread. So far no one has bitten. I'm surprised.

Everyone's too busy with the ongoing "should we pay sports journalists" war.

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ok, Ok. You’ve made your point -repeatedly. Now you’re just obnoxious.

Take this with you to your seat -I once thought exactly as you do. The Athletic changed this crotchety old man’s stubborn-azzed opinion. Haven’t seen writing this good since Felser & Jim Peters of The News & Courier Express respectively.

Plunk down $3 for the 1st month. Don’t think it’s a better sports read than anything you currently peruse, dump it. 

1926... was that a good year?:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's such a good read I couldn't pick out any one part.  Sorry for those who don't subscribe, but for those who do click on the link & enjoy: https://theathletic.com/2761001/2021/08/12/ryan-fitzpatricks-winding-football-career-with-its-magical-ups-and-miserable-downs-has-led-him-to-his-best-opportunity-yet/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

That is a great article.

This part struck me as of general applicablitity:

“There are so many of these young guys who’ve never seen failure,” Fitzpatrick said. “They were the best kid in high school. They went to college, they were the best kid in college. And then they get to the NFL, and they struggle. And they don’t know how to deal with that.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fitz should get a bust in the HOF when he retires.  There are many ways to quantify football greatness, not all of them have to do with numbers.

This is a great example of why we need an "unsure" emoji! Part of me says yes, part of me says no. All the ones we have now are pretty black and white positive or negative. Not sure how you'd "emoticize" that though lol.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I didn't pay but the link looked impressive

Pay my son - PAY...the link is MORE than impressive.....better than the blue pill.....or was that the red pill???

22 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

This is a great example of why we need an "unsure" emoji! Part of me says yes, part of me says no. All the ones we have now are pretty black and white positive or negative. Not sure how you'd "emoticize" that though lol.

You did the perfect job imo....rather than a click you actually spoke what you felt.  And by extension I think you spoke for many of us too!!  

Edited by Kwai San
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha (+1) 1