Which "under the radar" type player is having the best camp so far.....???(other than Kumerow)

The little info we do know and have read from TC threads and those that attended other day, which player do you think is having a very good or the best camp so far?? I guess I'd  say AJ Espensa has been doing well it seems. Who else do you think has been standing out that could create some tough decisions moving forward?

All we have to go on is what the reporters tell us, so who knows.  

As for Kumerow, I don't get it.  The guy sounds so good, but he keeps getting released.  He bounced around before the Packers got him and liked him a lot and cut him.  The Bills had him and liked him and cut him last season, just before Christmas. Holy Toledo.  Then New Orleans grabbed him.  And then they let him go too.  And after getting cut by the Bills right before Christmas, he CAME BACK.  

This is the life, I suppose, for a talented athlete who isn't quite elite.  But in his case, he seems to stay right on that knife's edge for years and years.  

My prediction is that the Bills will showcase him in preseason, and then trade him to a team in need of a good solid receiver.  Note, though, that if the Bills do that, he probably won't be coming back again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

As for Kumerow, I don't get it.  The guy sounds so good, but he keeps getting released.  He bounced around before the Packers got him and liked him a lot and cut him.  The Bills had him and liked him and cut him last season, just before Christmas. Holy Toledo.  Then New Orleans grabbed him.  And then they let him go too.  And after getting cut by the Bills right before Christmas, he CAME BACK.  

This is the life, I suppose, for a talented athlete who isn't quite elite.  But in his case, he seems to stay right on that knife's edge for years and years.  

My prediction is that the Bills will showcase him in preseason, and then trade him to a team in need of a good solid receiver.  Note, though, that if the Bills do that, he probably won't be coming back again.

In a way, Kumerow reminds me of Chris Hogan: a small-school WR with a lot of talent who took a few years to learn the ropes in the NFL before taking off.

As for getting released, the Bills tried to sneak him back on the PS when Smoke came back from injury, but New Orleans nabbed him.

Barring injury, Kumerow will make the 53 and be active on game days since he will be a key STs player too.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

In a way, Kumerow reminds me of Chris Hogan: a small-school WR with a lot of talent who took a few years to learn the ropes in the NFL before taking off.

As for getting released, the Bills tried to sneak him back on the PS when Smoke came back from injury, but New Orleans nabbed him.

Barring injury, Kumerow will make the 53 and be active on game days since he will be a key STs player too.

I like how guys like Mckenzie and Kumerow re-sign with the Bills to be part of a winner.

Being around a bunch of guys working hard having fun and winning is as contagious as the Wuhan Flu ;)

• Like (+1) 2

Old reliable: Ryan Bates. . . . In reflection, he may have been one of Beane's best moves, trade a guy who was going to get cut for an undrafted free agent late in training camp, and who has become one of your most valuable olineman.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Old reliable: Ryan Bates. . . . In reflection, he may have been one of Beane's best moves, trade a guy who was going to get cut for an undrafted free agent late in training camp, and who has become one of your most valuable olineman.

I think Bates sticks too.  I think he can play every position on the OL or already has at some point 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Daryl Johnson can turn into a good DE, but there’s a logjam in front of him. He’s show nice burst off the edge and he has great length to boot. May get cut, but I think he will rise over time. He’s too young to give up on and he can play STs too. I think Buffalo should keep Hughes and dump out some of these older vets like Addison. Hughes, Basham, Epenesa, Rousseau, Obada and Johnson is who I would roll with.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

I dont either.  Maybe hes just a charismatic, Christ looking figure that "people like."  See Mienshew, Gardner

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I like how guys like Mckenzie and Kumerow re-sign with the Bills to be part of a winner.

Being around a bunch of guys working hard having fun and winning is as contagious as the Wuhan Flu ;)

Milano did same thing.  Told his agent he was not interested in other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

McKenzie is still young enough to earn a better contract with another solid year in Buffalo.

If he can just repeat his success as a kicker and be a full-time returner, someone should offer him a good chunk of change next season. Though I thought he was gone this year. I bet he was offered more but not enough to leave Buffalo. I would think he wants about one million more (than Buffalo can pay him.) We sure are lucky to have him back, imho....

Very valuable fifth WR and SB winners are all about depth.

And I say this year, our sixth receiver gets over 250 yds. Daboll is going to use all his useful weapons. He even used Roberts last year and he was not that effective. The winner of Hodgins/Kumerow should be pretty good.

And we still could end up with Ertz and go.... Zach, Dawson, at TE. That sounds right to me.... Everyone would lose Knox watching everyone else.....If Knox reads the play right.

We'll see..... To me, Allen, Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Ertz, Singletary sounds totally all-pro with no holes. Yes, we could have a young Adrian Peterson to upgrade RB but Devin will do nicely.....