Anything you look back on fondly that hasn’t aged well?

Another Fan

When I got seriously into listening to music in the mid-70s, I began to worry how far my favorite LPs would last; frequent playing tended to increase background noises. Thus, I got an AKAI reel-to-reel recorder and taped my LP collection. Using the tapes to listen to the music worked well for a while, but after several years I had to realize that that the sound quality of the tapes had deteriorated faster than that of the (now rarely used) LPs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Another Fan said:

As a kid I loved the DARE program in school.  It was cool to me hearing a cop talk about all the dangers in drugs, just say no…..  He was a cool guy from what I recall.   I’ll just leave it as I think the program was a bust overall looking back.  

But i still think fondly of it.  Anyone could relate?  

It probably was a bust for some people and other people probably took it more seriously

Then again I did have friends getting wasted at middle school dances 😆

18 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

ESPN

This is probably the best answer so far. With all of us being sports fans to a certain degree, ESPN was the go to place for information back in the day. I remember watching the top 10 plays every day. Now that there's so many options, they're irrelevant. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

ESPN

I thought it would be impossible to ***** up ESPN juggernaut of the 80s and 90s- but Disney did the impossible.

I had an ESPN 2 hat that was the envy of my buddies back in the day.  I wouldn't wear that today if you paid me

***** you Disney for ***** up ESPN!

I'll add MTV

I have a great idea to pitch to executives- a 24 hour station that plays sports highlights and live sporting events.  And a 24 hour station that plays music videos and concerts

its so obvious to me- both would be huge successes today imo

and while we are at it, a 24 hour history channel that only plays historical documentaries

am I genius or are TV execs that stupid?

• Like (+1) 5

Mariah Carey, man did I ever have a crush on her back in the 90s.  I don't even think I liked her songs, I just watched her videos so I could look at her.  Now, I don't think I've paid the slightest bit of attention to her in decades.

I had this state-of-the-art skip proof Discman for my killer CD collection. Top of the line audio player for the time.

I remember getting it and thinking how  sick it was that I could walk, run, bike all around listening to my music in transit. Now everyone does it. 

btw skip proof my a**

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.