Around the League Training Camp Thread

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apologies if posted upthread, but it looks like Rosen is well on his way to washing out of yet another opportunity…

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/148828-49ers-rosen-taken-couple-steps-practice-according-shanahan/

He's on his way to washing out of the league.  So glad I was wrong and the Bills didn't take him.

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

But even if they go 5-12 

that is vast improvement from 2020.

so…Jets need to:

1.) Temper expectations in the era of Hyperbolic Fanaticism.

2.) Show improvement on the field

3.) control the message as to what “Improvement” is.  Is it going from 2-14 to 11-5?  No.  But is maybe scoring 350 points? Going from 2-14 to 6-11? Looking competent even in loses? 

yes those are all achievable and should be their goal.

Oh I agree but it’s the Jets they literally had no plan in place for this kid the first three weeks of the season he gets the hoodie, Vic Fangio, and Mike Vrabel it’s not a stretch to think he’s going to look really really bad 

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hmmmm... Now what does this mean?

Heard the guys on NFL radio talking about this - just crazy.

It sounded mostly like a lack of communication and then both the Saints and Thomas trying to CYA.  

Depending on the version there was talk of Thomas having a surgery and it not working and there being conflicting data, but basically being told to get the surgery redone and he wanted to wait to see if things would work before the second surgery.

Then the delay pushed recovery into the season, but Thomas was not providing updates to the team - some reports basically said he stopped taking their calls all together - so there was anger and frustration on both parts.

Then the story broke and Thomas felt it was a hatchet job on his reputation and was purposely dropped by the team.  It certainly made Saints fan turn on him 100%.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

NFL Total Access anchor says the Giants are looking for a Josh Allen-esque improvement from Daniel Jones...

The co-anchor just lol'd

I love how everyone says that now, but it's like... it's happened 1 time.. with Josh Allen. NOW though, expect everyone to have an improvement like that!

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I love how everyone says that now, but it's like... it's happened 1 time.. with Josh Allen. NOW though, expect everyone to have an improvement like that!

We're extremely lucky that Allen did it.

If that's the standard they're setting for their QB, they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

On the flipside, that's like someone saying we're expecting a Tom Brady-esque career from Josh Allen. I'd lol at that too. It's an extreme outlier. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Listening to One of the National sport shows , Filliponi , at work Saturday, he spent the first hour of the show on this. “ Which QB will have a JA type jump in 2021?”

None! None QBs. 
   These are The good ol days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1