Around the League Training Camp Thread

To open camp today, Kansas City sent out the 1st team OL and that consisted of:

LT Orlando Brown

LG Joe Thuney

C Creed Humphrey

RG Trey Smith

RT Mike Remmers

The bolded are rookies.  I've mentioned it a coupled times here and there since the draft.  Trey Smith is going to prove to be the steal of this entire draft.  Nothing but glowing reports on this guy since he showed up.  Reid is usually not the biggest fan of putting rookies in the starting lineup...but even today on day 1 of camp, Reid gave yet another strong assessment of Smith.

Of course it's still early, and I don't want to discount my Chiefs bias as I report this...so there is that...but being as objective as I can...the very early returns on the rebuilt line and the rookies on it....Smith in particular....is very good.

5th Round TE Noah Gray out of Duke is getting alot of attention and making alot of plays. 

Last years second round LB Willie Gay reported to have had a great day 1 of camp....and was out with the "ones" 

47 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Zach Wilson vs Jets seems to be serious. "Sources" around the Jets say it's a matter of principle for them. 

That's a typo.  They meant principal.  The Jets are cash strapped after Gase overbuying ammonia inhalants.  Never mind league minimum, they're hoping to pay Wilson the New Jersey minimum wage.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That's a typo.  They meant principal.  The Jets are cash strapped after Gase overbuying ammonia inhalants.  Never mind league minimum, they're hoping to pay Wilson the New Jersey minimum wage.

We'll have none of that correct grammar here.  Two posts in row with the correct use of principal and principle?  What happened to the TBD I knew?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Fitz throwing dimes for the WTFs. He looks good in the maroon and gold.

They could be a very tough out, along with Pittsburgh. Two very good D's....

Neither team might not be able to deal with Daboll and healthy our four-wide though....

We really haven't seen our four-wide up and healthy yet....and Davis is a rookies e no more.

Look out for Sanders tearing it up for us....

But both Washington and the stealers have defenses to be weary of....and QBs that could get hot.

Washington could easily be a playoff team.... Fitz! In the playoffs! Look out!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Fitz throwing dimes for the WTFs. He looks good in the maroon and gold.

They could be a very tough out, along with Pittsburgh. Two very good D's....

Neither team might not be able to deal with Daboll and healthy our four-wide though....

We really haven't seen our four-wide up and healthy yet....and Davis is a rookies e no more.

Look out for Sanders tearing it up for us....

But both Washington and the stealers have defenses to be weary of....and QBs that could get hot.

Washington could easily be a playoff team.... Fitz! In the playoffs! Look out!

Go Bills!

Don’t think Stillers are nearly as dangerous as Washington. That WFT D Line is Scary Good. 
    We all know when Fitz is on he is good too. WFT is a team I have no ill feelings about. 
   I really like Rivera. He’s a class act.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Don’t think Stillers are nearly as dangerous as Washington. That WFT D Line is Scary Good. 
    We all know when Fitz is on he is good too. WFT is a team I have no ill feelings about. 

I have them about even. While wtf may have the best DL, Pittsburgh is right up there with Watt (he's really an end) and Heyward two solid blue chippers. Last time we played we had some troubles on O and Pittsburgh had a lot of LBs out.

They'll be healthy this time and looking to upset. I'm glad it is in bufffalo and that I feel, no defense is prepared for our four-wide with elusive JA back there. Our not so secretweapons.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He is a class act but it would need to take an entire team of Riveras to counteract owner.

Besides being fined $10 Million for sexual harassment environment at work he needed to put his wife as CEO not that that prevents sexual harassment.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

LT Orlando Brown

LG Joe Thuney

C Creed Humphrey

RG Trey Smith

RT Mike Remmers

The bolded are rookies.  I've mentioned it a coupled times here and there since the draft.  Trey Smith is going to prove to be the steal of this entire draft.  Nothing but glowing reports on this guy since he showed up.  Reid is usually not the biggest fan of putting rookies in the starting lineup...but even today on day 1 of camp, Reid gave yet another strong assessment of Smith.

Of course it's still early, and I don't want to discount my Chiefs bias as I report this...so there is that...but being as objective as I can...the very early returns on the rebuilt line and the rookies on it....Smith in particular....is very good.

5th Round TE Noah Gray out of Duke is getting alot of attention and making alot of plays. 

Last years second round LB Willie Gay reported to have had a great day 1 of camp....and was out with the "ones" 

I am NOT a KC whatsoever but you have to respect how they do things. They do seem a step ahead of McBeane and it is questionable how much better the abills can be this year. Did we draft defense well? How good are Tremaine, Ed, AJ, Groot and Boogie going to be? What the Bills need are true blue-chippers to emerge out of this group and to date we have none, imho out that group. We did draft White & JA two major blue chippers but SuperBowl teams always have more than two.

I do like that Groot is a total wildcard. I'm not certain anyone knows his floor or ceiling, but I take solace in that. Had Groot put together another year like he had in 2019 we would have NEVER got him. I really hope he is our blue chipper. I have hopes for AJ and Boogie as well though I really don't understand how they're going to turn into feared pass rushers when I think of feared pass rushers I think of shorter, faster players like Von Miller But we'll see.... Gigantic Reggie White was pretty damn good, too.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Tua apparently had a rough day with ints. Completed one long bomb. Fins fans excuse ints because he actually managed to throw the ball further than 10 yards. 

Zach Wilson vs Jets seems to be serious. "Sources" around the Jets say it's a matter of principle for them. 

In Pats Land. Cam Newton. 😆

Maybe the Dolphins can put a big "R" on the backs of the receivers, and tie the hands of their DBs behind their backs.  Just to give the poor youngster a little confidence.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://kslsports.com/464603/report-jets-likely-wont-budge-on-talks-with-zach-wilson/
‘Report: Jets Likely Won’t Budge On Talks With Zach Wilson’

Zach Wilson the only Jets player that did not report to training camp.

His Jets career is Off to a great start! 🤣

A great sign of how little they care what their fans think, there's no way they're on the side of management on this.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He is a class act but it would need to take an entire team of Riveras to counteract owner.

Besides being fined $10 Million for sexual harassment environment at work he needed to put his wife as CEO not that that prevents sexual harassment.

What pisses me off: 
     Jerry Richardson forced to sell team.

Snyder got some punishment.

Kraft???? Nothing to see here👿👿👿

52 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Maybe the Dolphins can put a big "R" on the backs of the receivers, and tie the hands of their DBs behind their backs.  Just to give the poor youngster a little confidence.

I heard they've sent agents to the WFT's camp and are going shave Fitz's beard and glue it to Tua's face as they believe that is the source of Fitz's power. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

I am NOT a KC whatsoever but you have to respect how they do things. They do seem a step ahead of McBeane and it is questionable how much better the abills can be this year. Did we draft defense well? How good are Tremaine, Ed, AJ, Groot and Boogie going to be? What the Bills need are true blue-chippers to emerge out of this group and to date we have none, imho out that group. We did draft White & JA two major blue chippers but SuperBowl teams always have more than two.

I do like that Groot is a total wildcard. I'm not certain anyone knows his floor or ceiling, but I take solace in that. Had Groot put together another year like he had in 2019 we would have NEVER got him. I really hope he is our blue chipper. I have hopes for AJ and Boogie as well though I really don't understand how they're going to turn into feared pass rushers when I think of feared pass rushers I think of shorter, faster players like Von Miller But we'll see.... Gigantic Reggie White was pretty damn good, too.

The D line absolutely has to take a major step forward. 
    The problem with Groot is he seems too tall. It seems that he will always cede the lower pad level to the defender. Does he have speed and bend to use his length to his advantage? I hope so but we shall see.

Darnold was cagey about this issue and wouldn’t discuss it in his presser:

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

LT Orlando Brown

LG Joe Thuney

C Creed Humphrey

RG Trey Smith

RT Mike Remmers

They.  Aren’t.  Even. Wearing. Pads.  Yet.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The D line absolutely has to take a major step forward. 
    The problem with Groot is he seems too tall. It seems that he will always cede the lower pad level to the defender. Does he have speed and bend to use his length to his advantage? I hope so but we shall see.

I certainly get what you're saying. Are you a Chris Jones DT KC fan? I'm not a fan, I hate KC but Chris Jones is a blue DT. Do you know his hgt. and Wgt.? He is 6'6" 310#. The guy is just a monster vs. the run and pass and I think he is why the chefs are better than we are. Groot 6'6" 290# could easily gain 20 by next season. He is also used to (as much as anything else at least) rushing from the interior. Maybe he plays both for us maybe he moves to tackle. Maybe Boogie does too? Who knows? But if Chris Jones can be a feared pass rusher (and great run defender) Maybe Groot Can too. At his age and position experience level, he could become just about anything. Tight end? Who knows? The qualities I think he has are: he's tough I have heard (hard worker, etc.) He's huge (That is a given) He is a rare athlete. Especially for his size. I think he is a perfect lump of clay for our supposedly great coaches. (Frazier, McD, our DL coach, our LB coach, we have a lot of great D coaches supposedly.) 

Hopefully, Tremaine, Ed, AJ, Groot and Boogie really shine this fall. I don't expect a ton from the rookies, but everyone else. From the rookies, I want to see glimpses of great talent. Especially from Groot even though he is exceedingly raw. I think he is smart and a hard worker so if he is special athletically we should see it....

But back to getting a pass rusher, I agree that for the most part, I think it is shorter guys that excel. Or, at least, we should have a young, squat, speed guy on the roster like Jerry Hughes. We'll see....

With Jerry, Star and Addison coming off the payroll this year perhaps we can sign an impact veteran defender? And maybe draft another DL in the first two rounds?

We have to keep an eye on O always though as well as JA needs protection and weapons that get open. We'll see what we have this year (from the last three drafts) and act accordingly next draft.

• Like (+1) 1