Sunday Ticket 2021

7 hours ago, CBD said:

They have a verification site, there is some sort of automated registry it checks against. If you are a student and it does not recognize you there are manual workarounds. The issue i've encountered is that the student's name has to be on the credit card. 

For me, using Paypal as my payment (in my name), not the college student's name, I was able to purchase it.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:37 AM, BringBackFergy said:

The first CSR I talked to was unable to give me any discount.  She sent me over to "Sunday Ticket Dept. CSR"

Real nice lady "Lexus" understood my predicament.  I threw two of my friends under the bus ( @Gugny and @ExiledInIllinois) and said these two shmoes have only had Directv for 5 years and they got Sunday Ticket for free...whereas I have had DTV for 20+ years and all my cell phones are AT&T.

Lexus said I was wayyyy more loyal than the aforementioned knuckleheads and gave me the following:

Sunday ticket at $48/month for 6 months

LOYALTY discount of $45/month for 12 months

So, Sunday Ticket will be total cost of $288

12 Month discount valued at $540

Net profit = $252

I'm goin' to Sizzler

DTV just gave me $60 off by bill for 12 months=$720

$12.25 off Sunday Ticket for 6 months=$73.50

almost $800 off total.

Not too bad!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Random question: if I am a current directv subscriber and my wife is enrolled in graduate school can I get the cheaper NFL Sunday ticket student rate? 

No. You can only get the student rate if you are not a DTV subscriber. Maybe your spouse could get it if she used a different name, address, credit card, etc.

Not sure if this would work but could sign up, for paramount plus and set you zipcode as a bUffalo code.  Looks like you get live cbs local programming for 8.99 a month. U would get all bills games on Cbs unless they cut off live Nfl games?

Anyone frustrated with this is more than welcome to PM me. 

I'm ineligible for dish, they don't care. Couldn't find anyone with a college email this year. I literally can't get a dish and tried to give them $$ for streaming and they told me to kick rocks.

Anyways I have a free site. The ads are a bit of a pain, close out 2-3 pop ups and then it's high quality, all the games on there. Worked and I watched parts of 5 or 6 pre season games last week. Also get all the UFC fights on there! Inbox open. They need to fix their product

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Not sure if this would work but could sign up, for paramount plus and set you zipcode as a bUffalo code.  Looks like you get live cbs local programming for 8.99 a month. U would get all bills games on Cbs unless they cut off live Nfl games?

This is what I did last year with hulu. I changed the geolocation of my PC to a buffalo address. I then got Buffalo's local channels. It isn't working this year. My brother in law was doing this with YouTube and they shut it down as well. Haven't heard anything on paramount.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:10 AM, CBD said:

They have a verification site, there is some sort of automated registry it checks against. If you are a student and it does not recognize you there are manual workarounds. The issue i've encountered is that the student's name has to be on the credit card. 

https://nflst.directv.com/student?source=ECnf2500000nfl00P&WT.srch=1&wtExtndSource=directv+student+discount&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIivXG75248gIV6WxvBB07ZgtOEAAYASAAEgJ_6vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used an option similar to this last year with no issue. Individuals who have the DTV service are also given the option for streaming logon - which is what is being sold. 

This is not the case. At least in my recent experience, I registered under my sister-in-law’s name but used my credit card. You cannot change the name that you register under due to it needing to match the email, but when you enter CC information, you just need the billing address to match the card number. 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

In what can only be described as a festivus miracle, I called directv, asking what they can do for me. They pulled my account and said, “looks like it is already free. Oh, and it’s max this year.”  What in the?! 

Have seen a good few posts like this. They for sure are making changes from how they were. Which is good and glad for those of you that are getting it free and other discounts etc.

I suspect they're changing their tune due to other ways to watch games now instead of DTV Sunday Ticket being the one and only option.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

In what can only be described as a festivus miracle, I called directv, asking what they can do for me. They pulled my account and said, “looks like it is already free. Oh, and it’s max this year.”  What in the?! 

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went with me.  I called to deactivate three receivers and the rep offered without prompting that ST Max was free for me this year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went with me.  I called to deactivate three receivers and the rep offered without prompting that ST Max was free for me this year.

I was getting ready for the dance, and all the usual back and forth. She just shocked me into total silence.  

In fact, when I started the call, I did my usual slow wind-up about high fees and my wife being mad, and she was like, “I’m sorry but I am confused. What do you want?” I was like, “I want to pay less for Sunday ticket.” And 10 seconds later—done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just saw an article recently that dtv is giving the ticket to some users free if they've been with dtv a long time. How long have u been a subscriber? 

18 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I just saw an article recently that dtv is giving the ticket to some users free if they've been with dtv a long time. How long have u been a subscriber? 

16 years. But I got it free last season and so figured there was no chance I would get it two years in a row.  Never had it free before last year— but usually got it at least 50% off.

2 hours ago, eball said:

So did you decide to stay with them for now due to that offer? I know you said you were canceling up thread. So did that make you reconsider?

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

No. You can only get the student rate if you are not a DTV subscriber. Maybe your spouse could get it if she used a different name, address, credit card, etc.

Are you subtly suggesting @DBilz2500 should look into a new wife?   

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

So did you decide to stay with them for now due to that offer? I know you said you were canceling up thread. So did that make you reconsider?

I was always keeping them through the season. Just deactivated three receivers. I have YouTube TV on all of my TVs now and DTV on the two I watch football on. 

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I was always keeping them through the season. Just deactivated three receivers. I have YouTube TV on all of my TVs now and DTV on the two I watch football on. 

Oh ok. I thought you meant you were canceling DTV all for good. My bad. I don't remember them doing these offers like this last year/season. They seem to be throwing free ST to almost everyone this year.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

Eh, i called and eventually got to customer retention, but the guy was by the book.  Earlier this year I had already received $55/month off through January.  So he reminded me about that and would not offer another large discount beyond an extra $10/month ($120yr).  I could've threatened, but over the last decade I've "negotiated"  free Sunday ticket Max at least 5 times and much larger discounts the other times.  I didn't have the fight in me this year, so I just took it.  Life is Ok,  I can pay for the service once in a while.

• Like (+1) 1