Sunday Ticket 2021

Well, apparently I’m getting it free. I went to chat and asked them to confirm that Sunday Ticket and ST Max is free to me this season because I am a longtime customer (I did not get the email saying this). They responded that it is indeed free. My current bill shows no cost, but I didn’t think it showed up until the September bill normally so I guess I’ll believe it when I see it. 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, apparently I’m getting it free. I went to chat and asked them to confirm that Sunday Ticket and ST Max is free to me this season because I am a longtime customer (I did not get the email saying this). They responded that it is indeed free. My current bill shows no cost, but I didn’t think it showed up until the September bill normally so I guess I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Thats great.

I got it free too.  But I did get the email.

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's true. They are giving the ticket to their longtime customers. I've been with them 10 years so I'm gonna check my account tonight when I'm home to see. Not sure how long you have to be a customer 

9 minutes ago, Jester said:

I just called and was told there are "no promotions at this time". I'm going to call back next week.  LOL

Exactly what I've been told and I've tried about three times so far. I've been a customer since 2008 and since the 90's before that through my parents. 

Just chatted them up, free Ticket this year.   And I still have 12 months left on my $49 per month discount on the bill they gave me last year (2 year promo).  And they took off the equipment charges last year....for anyone who has had equipment for a while consider asking for that.  Saved me $20/month until I ever upgrade equipment.

Been with them since ‘06. No ST offers available on my account at this time. Not sure how much more long standing I need to be than 15 years to be considered for a loyalty offer. I know some people getting offers who are <5 year account holders. Always something with them. 

24 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Just got done with chat been with them since 97 assured I will get St free in next promotion round got 60 $ instant credit and 50$off for next 12 months.   

I was promised that in the chat as well but it wasn't true. Bill came out today and the charge was on it. Been with them 20 years and was not given it. I did get $55 off for 12 months, $16.50 for 6 and HBO 3 months

Edited by nucci

47 minutes ago, nucci said:

I was promised that in the chat as well but it wasn't true. Bill came out today and the charge was on it. Been with them 20 years and was not given it. I did get $55 off for 12 months, $16.50 for 6 and HBO 3 months

I will believe when I see it.  Don't ***** the chatnopiton but figured give it a try.  Will call retention folks directly around start of season

On 8/17/2021 at 1:31 PM, Xwnyer said:

likely NO.  

Paramount+ did have today's game live. The site checks location, so I supposed if you are out of town, you could use a VPN, select within the Buffalo market and bam, live game for $4.99/mo. It doesn't cover every game, but a good chunk of the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

Can the folks that got the email or a letter (really? snail mail?) are you AT&T cell customers as well?  In the past, it seemed like AT&T cell phone customers have been getting the deals ahead of those, like me (Verizon), who aren't. 

I've been with DTV over 20 years and while I got ST last year for free, I've never gotten an email or a letter...I've always had to haggle every year like I'm buying a used car.

4 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Can the folks that got the email or a letter (really? snail mail?) are you AT&T cell customers as well?  In the past, it seemed like AT&T cell phone customers have been getting the deals ahead of those, like me (Verizon), who aren't. 

I've been with DTV over 20 years and while I got ST last year for free, I've never gotten an email or a letter...I've always had to haggle every year like I'm buying a used car.

I have ATT wireless and this is the first time I've gotten ST for free without haggling, I've always had to haggle and got anything from free (last year) to at worst half price.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just made my call, said “cancel service” and talked to Kathy from Kentucky.

Said I had DTV since ‘98 . Told her I had  short term DTV friends  getting STMax for free and all I got was a bill.           She said I had no ST promotion or other discounts available on my account.

She told me to call back as it got closer and maybe promotions would become available ie: not given if not asked for = PITA.

I told her I didn’t even need it free but give me something as short term customers didn’t even have to inquire, they just received emails.

She gave me $50 off and repeated to call back as it got closer.

$50 off is better than nothing, which is what I got last year with repeated calls. I will call back the week before the first game.

I know everyone in this thread is probably dtv users, but dtv is doing a new thing this year where you can get the ticket if you DON'T have dtv. You purchase it through their website and then you can stream the games through the Sunday ticket app. Not a bad deal for those who use other TV services 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:19 PM, TheProcess said:

Been with them since ‘06. No ST offers available on my account at this time. Not sure how much more long standing I need to be than 15 years to be considered for a loyalty offer. I know some people getting offers who are <5 year account holders. Always something with them. 

same situation with me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1