So, the Arizona audit results are in...

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Hard to poll? What you mean is the process of selecting the write balance gives you the wrong outcome so you poll who you need to get the "right" answer. 

No. Many states like Nevada, Illinois, Wyoming, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. don’t do a lot of polling so you’re going off of an outdated poll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/upshot/why-this-is-the-iowa-poll-that-everyones-waiting-for.html

Edited by Governor

2 hours ago, Governor said:

I don’t think you’re following our conversation. Kamala isn’t going to be the nomination so you guys should get that out of your heads.

If she isn't, it's going to be a shitshow for the Dems. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Governor said:

I can think of 4 or 5 that would be much better than Harris. I would even take Stacey Abrams over Harris. 

She has no chance either.  But it doesn't matter who they pick instead.  The optics of replacing the first not only female but black VP will be really poor.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

She has no chance either.  But it doesn't matter who they pick instead.  The optics of replacing the first not only female but black VP will be really poor.

She will run but she’ll lose. If Trump runs then Biden runs. If he doesn’t, Newsom runs.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Governor said:

No. Many states like Nevada, Illinois, Wyoming, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. don’t do a lot of polling so you’re going off of an outdated poll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/upshot/why-this-is-the-iowa-poll-that-everyones-waiting-for.html

Ya moved the goal post again, all those states we know which way they go. Nothing to do with difficulty of polling

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ya moved the goal post again, all those states we know which way they go. Nothing to do with difficulty of polling

The polling was good and you lost. Not sure why that’s so difficult for you guys. We expanded the map and Trump didn’t.

NC flips blue next time.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

The polling was good and you lost. Not sure why that’s so difficult for you guys. We expanded the map and Trump didn’t.

NC flips blue next time.

Only way NC flips blue is if Trump runs, maybe.  

We can rehash as we get closer, but I’d be willing to bet that not only does NC stay red, but Georgia and AZ flip back red…. Even if it’s Trump. 

8 hours ago, Governor said:

NC flips blue next time.

Polling was the discussion and you found one outlier to prove your point. 538 combines all the large polls and showed you were wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Only way NC flips blue is if Trump runs, maybe.  

We can rehash as we get closer, but I’d be willing to bet that not only does NC stay red, but Georgia and AZ flip back red…. Even if it’s Trump. 

I have no idea what’s truly going on in Georgia. I freaked out when Biden pulled resources from NC. It was ready to flip last time. That could’ve had something to do with how awful Cunningham was as a candidate. I would like to hear an explanation on that some day. Keep an eye on Governor Cooper. If he ran, he would carry that state easily. 

Arizona I would assume will go back red unless it’s Trump.

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Polling was the discussion and you found one outlier to prove your point. 538 combines all the large polls and showed you were wrong.

What was it you were trying to prove me wrong about again?

https://scottrasmussen.com/the-polls-werent-wrong-in-2016-but-the-analysis-of-the-polls-was-horrible/

Edited by Governor

16 minutes ago, Governor said:

I have no idea what’s truly going on in Georgia. I freaked out when Biden pulled resources from NC. It was ready to flip last time. That could’ve had something to do with how awful Cunningham was as a candidate. I would like to hear an explanation on that some day. Keep an eye on Governor Cooper. If he ran, he would carry that state easily. 

Arizona will stay blue given the inanity of the Trumpist party there.  I saw a statistic yesterday that about 15.000 registered Republicans have so far left the party due to the nonsense going on there.  And NC would have elected a Democratic senator had Cunningham kept it in his pants.

It is amusing and somewhat sad to watch the party I used to belong to implode.  And equally sad that so many in this country have chosen to be a lap dog to a huckster and con man.  Under Trump the former Republican (now Trumpist) party lost the White House, the Senate, and the House.  And for some bizarre reason they seem to think the way back to prominence is to double down on a bad bet.  Watch the 2022 midterm.  While historically the party out of the White House picks up seats, the Trumpist party is going to nominate people that are going to make former mistakes like Mourdoch in Indiana or Akin in Missouri look like choir boys.  And while that may animate the Trumpist base, it will also animate Democrats to do what they did in 2020 to be sure they don't have nut cases elected.  And moderates and Independents like myself are never going to vote for these kind of Trumpist crazies.  The only chance some of these folks will have is if the state legislatures start overthrowing results of valid elections, and if that happens there will be riots that will dwarf anything seen in modern times.  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Arizona will stay blue given the inanity of the Trumpist party there.  I saw a statistic yesterday that about 15.000 registered Republicans have so far left the party due to the nonsense going on there.  And NC would have elected a Democratic senator had Cunningham kept it in his pants.

It is amusing and somewhat sad to watch the party I used to belong to implode.  And equally sad that so many in this country have chosen to be a lap dog to a huckster and con man.  Under Trump the former Republican (now Trumpist) party lost the White House, the Senate, and the House.  And for some bizarre reason they seem to think the way back to prominence is to double down on a bad bet.  Watch the 2022 midterm.  While historically the party out of the White House picks up seats, the Trumpist party is going to nominate people that are going to make former mistakes like Mourdoch in Indiana or Akin in Missouri look like choir boys.  And while that may animate the Trumpist base, it will also animate Democrats to do what they did in 2020 to be sure they don't have nut cases elected.  And moderates and Independents like myself are never going to vote for these kind of Trumpist crazies.  The only chance some of these folks will have is if the state legislatures start overthrowing results of valid elections, and if that happens there will be riots that will dwarf anything seen in modern times.  

I agree. I’m not seeing this red wave coming at all. The senate looks pretty safe to me and while everyone is fixated on the seats R’s can take back with gerrymandering, there’s also some seats Dems can actually take in other places. It’s going to be very close.

What Trump did in Georgia was absolutely incredible. He lost BOTH of those senate seats all by himself. He won’t be finished until he destroys the entire party.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Biden’s Basement doesn’t like this.  Well, here the reality friend.  There is no way you and the far right wing Trumpists ever control this country.  If the Democrats had run anyone other than Hillary in 2016 Trumpism never would have occurred.  And the same for the far left wing kooks.  This country is still composed primarily of centrist type people.  Conservative on some issues, more liberal on others.  

So go ahead and continue bowing down to Trump.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.  He’ll lose elections for you again, you can continue to howl at the moon, and the country will move on.  Enjoy your fantasy.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Biden’s Basement doesn’t like this.  Well, here the reality friend.  There is no way you and the far right wing Trumpists ever control this country.  If the Democrats had run anyone other than Hillary in 2016 Trumpism never would have occurred.  And the same for the far left wing kooks.  This country is still composed primarily of centrist type people.  Conservative on some issues, more liberal on others.  

So go ahead and continue bowing down to Trump.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.  He’ll lose elections for you again, you can continue to howl at the moon, and the country will move on.  Enjoy your fantasy.

I don't think Trump will run again or even be relevant in 2024 but the Democrats can't allow a group of small ultra-left fringe elements inside the party control the entire national agenda.  Because if that continues I suggest this union of 50 States will not hold together for much longer.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't think Trump will run again or even be relevant in 2024 but the Democrats can't allow a group of small ultra-left fringe elements inside the party control the entire national agenda.  Because if that continues I suggest this union of 50 States will not hold together for much longer.   

I agree.

11 hours ago, Governor said:

She will run but she’ll lose. If Trump runs then Biden runs. If he doesn’t, Newsom runs.

Biden isn't running again.  He never wanted to do it in the first place and he'll be a drooling vegetable in 2 years time. 

And Newsome probably won't survive his Guv recall.  He also has no chance.

2 hours ago, Governor said:

I pointed out the polling was used and manipulated to reinforce the narrative they wanted not used to show what was happening. I appreciate you finding that to prove my point for me. 

3 hours ago, Governor said:

https://scottrasmussen.com/the-polls-werent-wrong-in-2016-but-the-analysis-of-the-polls-was-horrible/

I live in Georgia, credit to Biden for going for it here, but Republicans lost the state (Pres/Senate) more than Dems won it.  

The state is purplish, like Arizona, but leans red.  

Lots of suburban R’s outside Atlanta who were turned off by Trump, voted Biden.  I doubt that happens again, given how he’s governed. 

Then in the Senate Runoffs, Trump’s incessant whining about a stolen election led to an unprecedented amount of reliable rural R voters staying home.  Both Perdue and Loeffler won on Election Night, they just didn’t reach the 50% margin needed to avoid runoff.   They are also awful candidates… something R’s have been running for a long time now and getting away with due to the make up of the state.

Interesting to see how the next election plays out, as black Trump supporting R’s are gaining traction in the state… Vernon Jones looking to primary Governor Kemp and Herschel Walker potentially taking on Warnock.  

Georgia likely flips back red next election for President, and I don’t think that Warnock retains his seat if R’s get their act together…. but Ossoff looks competent and when his time is up to run again, might be a tougher seat to flip back red.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Biden isn't running again.  He never wanted to do it in the first place and he'll be a drooling vegetable in 2 years time. 

And Newsome probably won't survive his Guv recall.  He also has no chance.

What the last 5 or 6 years have taught me: 

Assume anything can happen.  

-If you asked most voters 2013 or 2014 whether or not Trump would ever be a serious candidate for president they would have said no.  Yet…

-If you asked most voters —independent, dem, rhinos, or R—if Biden would ever be a serious candidate for president given the totality of his political private life, they would have said no.  He was a career buffoon, acknowledged as such by the party as he ran and got bounced out when he wasn’t rocking pudding in the cranium. Yet…

-If you asked most voters   the likelihood of another Clinton presidency, they likely would have speculated the odds quite high.  She was popular with rank and file, her past on display for all to see, and she was the heir apparent to the Obama legacy, hand chosen and teed up.  Absent her playing fast and loose on the internet with national security she likely WAS president.  If nothing else, mainstream Dems like the status quo.  Yet…,

I’m not so sure about Biden not running again.  While Richard Nixon’s 5 o’clock shadow helped derail his chances of an early ascension to the crown, it has been revealed the standard is much, much lower these days.   Biden had a major eye bleed on National television (likely from concentrating very diligently on not saying something racially insensitive or referring to the leader of England as Margaret Thatcher), had significant cognitive issues on full display and generally wandered around like an old man, and he was that too choice for millions.  

What would make one think he’d suddenly realize he has lost a step?   More importantly, why would the folks behind the curtain think suddenly Biden supporters would pick up on his deficiencies?   All that needs to happen is he makes it far enough in the game, offers to pay off a mortgage or car loan for select the perpetual victim class, and he’ll be the nominee.  

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

-If you asked most voters 2013 or 2014 whether or not Trump would ever be a serious candidate for president they would have said no.  Yet…

-If you asked most voters —independent, dem, rhinos, or R—if Biden would ever be a serious candidate for president given the totality of his political private life, they would have said no.  He was a career buffoon, acknowledged as such by the party as he ran and got bounced out when he wasn’t rocking pudding in the cranium. Yet…

-If you asked most voters   the likelihood of another Clinton presidency, they likely would have speculated the odds quite high.  She was popular with rank and file, her past on display for all to see, and she was the heir apparent to the Obama legacy, hand chosen and teed up.  Absent her playing fast and loose on the internet with national security she likely WAS president.  If nothing else, mainstream Dems like the status quo.  Yet…,

I’m not so sure about Biden not running again.  While Richard Nixon’s 5 o’clock shadow helped derail his chances of an early ascension to the crown, it has been revealed the standard is much, much lower these days.   Biden had a major eye bleed on National television (likely from concentrating very diligently on not saying something racially insensitive or referring to the leader of England as Margaret Thatcher), had significant cognitive issues on full display and generally wandered around like an old man, and he was that too choice for millions.  

What would make one think he’d suddenly realize he has lost a step?   More importantly, why would the folks behind the curtain think suddenly Biden supporters would pick up on his deficiencies?   All that needs to happen is he makes it far enough in the game, offers to pay off a mortgage or car loan for select the perpetual victim class, and he’ll be the nominee.  

Agreed.  I thought there’s zero chance he could run again, as he’s clearly experiencing major cognitive decline, but he has a media establishment that literally covers for him.  

Much easier to hide his deficiencies and policy ramifications when the media doesn’t care.  

Hunter Biden laptop.  Media doesn’t care. 

Hunter Biden selling artwork.  Media doesn’t care. 

Legitimate human atrocities at the border. We have video that would’ve caused protests in the streets under Trump.  Media doesn’t care.  

Inflation.  Gas prices.  Food prices.  Labor/Parts shortage.  Media doesn’t care.  

Rampant crime all over the country.  Media doesn’t care. 

I don’t know which is more disgusting…. The 90% negative coverage Trump received for 4 years or the inverse that allows Biden to skate by. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed.  I thought there’s zero chance he could run again, as he’s clearly experiencing major cognitive decline, but he has a media establishment that literally covers for him.  

Much easier to hide his deficiencies and policy ramifications when the media doesn’t care.  

Hunter Biden laptop.  Media doesn’t care. 

Hunter Biden selling artwork.  Media doesn’t care. 

Legitimate human atrocities at the border. We have video that would’ve caused protests in the streets under Trump.  Media doesn’t care.  

Inflation.  Gas prices.  Food prices.  Labor/Parts shortage.  Media doesn’t care.  

Rampant crime all over the country.  Media doesn’t care. 

I don’t know which is more disgusting…. The 90% negative coverage Trump received for 4 years or the inverse that allows Biden to skate by. 

Correctamundo.  

At some point, we have to recognize that the real problem isn’t the media.   

We have posters here yammering on about their conservative roots who tripped over themselves to vote for Biden.  Not abstain, not demand a better candidate, not even suggest maybe a candidate without the sordid racial history and rapey vibe that has followed Biden throughout his career in the Senate.  Even assuming one despises everything about Trump, it’s a weird line in the sand to suggest a vote for Biden doesn’t make a voter painfully and obviously hypocritical. 

The race will unfold the way it unfolds.  Personally I think Biden will be totally out by then, but if he’s able to walk around without his Frank’s and beans hanging out of his presidential suit, who knows? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Correctamundo.  

At some point, we have to recognize that the real problem isn’t the media.   

We have posters here yammering on about their conservative roots who tripped over themselves to vote for Biden.  Not abstain, not demand a better candidate, not even suggest maybe a candidate without the sordid racial history and rapey vibe that has followed Biden throughout his career in the Senate.  Even assuming one despises everything about Trump, it’s a weird line in the sand to suggest a vote for Biden doesn’t make a voter painfully and obviously hypocritical. 

The race will unfold the way it unfolds.  Personally I think Biden will be totally out by then, but if he’s able to walk around without his Frank’s and beans hanging out of his presidential suit, who knows? 

I can, somewhat, understand why suburban moms and white collar R’s voted for Biden.  

I only say that due to what he presented himself to be… a moderate uniter that would govern in the middle.  

He has clearly not been that, and anyone who thought he would, or better said “could” be that, was far too easily manipulated. 

It’s why I think NC would stay red in a rematch, with GA/AZ going back to Trump.  

Trump would have to focus on PA, MI, WI, and if (hopefully) COVID is in the rear mirror by then, the polling numbers on other topics aren’t too kind to Biden.  Can only play the moderate uniter card once… We all know he can’t be that now.  

Media will reframe and go scorched earth on Trump, and much of the electorate is honestly… dumb, so Biden clearly has a shot at a second term. 

*and when I say “dumb”.. I don’t mean voting for a Dem is dumb.  If you have researched views/opinions and lean left, you’re not dumb.  Same goes for the right.  Unfortunately, most of our electorate are simply pawns to be swayed by media/tech. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I can, somewhat, understand why suburban moms and white collar R’s voted for Biden.  

I only say that due to what he presented himself to be… a moderate uniter that would govern in the middle.  

He has clearly not been that, and anyone who thought he would, or better said “could” be that, was far too easily manipulated. 

It’s why I think NC would stay red in a rematch, with GA/AZ going back to Trump.  

Trump would have to focus on PA, MI, WI, and if (hopefully) COVID is in the rear mirror by then, the polling numbers on other topics aren’t too kind to Biden.  Can only play the moderate uniter card once… We all know he can’t be that now.  

Media will reframe and go scorched earth on Trump, and much of the electorate is honestly… dumb, so Biden clearly has a shot at a second term. 

*and when I say “dumb”.. I don’t mean voting for a Dem is dumb.  If you have researched views/opinions and lean left, you’re not dumb.  Same goes for the right.  Unfortunately, most of our electorate are simply pawns to be swayed by media/tech. 

I know someone who voted for Biden because the media told her that Trump said bad things about the troops. Despite witnesses saying it never happened, she still believed he was "unpatriotic". When I pointed out that she voted for the party that is defunding police, burning flags, and tearing down statues of Washington and Jefferson, it didn't matter.

Bottom line, She hated Trump and nothing else mattered. Hitler could have been the Dems candidate...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

True, anything can happen.  I just don't think that the majority of people truly wanted to vote for Biden given his declining age, mental acuity and dismal almost 50-year record, and did it because of a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic.  Without that happening, Trump cruises to re-election. 

Now Biden will be 4 years older and less mental fit (it doesn't stay the same, much less improve, with time), we've seen what a disaster his Presidency has been and if there is something like the pandemic or the riots (which Dems stoked, again, to make Trump look bad) or something else, it will be on him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He keeps moving the goal post- when 90% of the polls had Hillary with a 95% chance of winning he believed it so therefore it had to be some miracle. Trump was always more popular in Florida then the polls showed but he will not simply admit the polls are poorly done

The problem with polls are Republicans are more likely to say screw you to the pollsters.  It's basically what Hannibal did to the census taker when he tried to test him. 

It was true in both 2016 and 2020 in swing states where the average polling error was about 2.5 points towards the Democrat.  It didn't matter this election though as Biden had more of a sizable poll advantage in the Rustbelt "blue wall" states (PA, MI, WI) because Hillary was that awful of a candidate.  These polling errors will be a problem for both sides when it comes to where to spend their money each election cycle.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:12 PM, Governor said:

You’re confusing national polling with state polling. Some state polling was bad in 2016 and it improved in 2020. Some states are notoriously hard to poll or only poll a few times per cycle. Every state has its own quirks. Florida hasn’t mattered since Obama/McCain. They’ve become irrelevant to the process.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2020-polls-badly-understated-support-103225787.html

Just once again showing you that pilling companies are polling to get a result not what is real.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, SCBills said:

I live in Georgia, credit to Biden for going for it here, but Republicans lost the state (Pres/Senate) more than Dems won it.  

The state is purplish, like Arizona, but leans red.  

Lots of suburban R’s outside Atlanta who were turned off by Trump, voted Biden.  I doubt that happens again, given how he’s governed. 

Then in the Senate Runoffs, Trump’s incessant whining about a stolen election led to an unprecedented amount of reliable rural R voters staying home.  Both Perdue and Loeffler won on Election Night, they just didn’t reach the 50% margin needed to avoid runoff.   They are also awful candidates… something R’s have been running for a long time now and getting away with due to the make up of the state.

Interesting to see how the next election plays out, as black Trump supporting R’s are gaining traction in the state… Vernon Jones looking to primary Governor Kemp and Herschel Walker potentially taking on Warnock.  

Georgia likely flips back red next election for President, and I don’t think that Warnock retains his seat if R’s get their act together…. but Ossoff looks competent and when his time is up to run again, might be a tougher seat to flip back red.  

I used to live in Smyrna in The Vinings (if that still exists) back when that was Newt’s district. Somehow, that’s a blue district now.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 12:34 PM, SCBills said:

this is why i pray to all that is holy trump does not run again. there is a 4 year narrative on him that lets be honest, he did not help himself to shake. 1/6 should put the nail in the coffin as that will be drummed into the public for 4 years. the dems seem scared to death of him regardless. the whole impeachment 2.0 with days left was meant to make them feel warm and toasty that they would not have that looming threat on a ticket. the anyone but trump crowd has softened but there is a long time to fortify again. if the Rs can start fresh and be very careful about being active against any of the previous media claims to not stick to the canidates then i think its a easy win as dems are locked into...kamala 😅😆😂. i seriously think they will primary her if/when joes icecream melts. but then again im asking trump to put his ego aside for the future of the nation, no money on that bet.

regardless of what happens biden is toast with 

any southern states as he has flooded them with immigrants.

all gun owners..thats alot of people.

defund the police will be reminded in every ad for 4 years. 

even the way he immediately cancelled keystone. true or not people see gas prices crushing working americans and i think the overwhelming union backing he got is seriously regretting the fact jobs cant seen to hire people to pay the dues! 

one big caveat is how much more free money is he planning on passing out. he can definitely buy back some votes but it won't matter if inflation goes nuts at the same time. rent moratorium has ended. school loans are about to start and we are back to talking about lockdowns. yikes!

i truley think people in the middle are sick of all this polarization. question is just how many are there. all we can see on large scales are internet forums which makes it seem like common sense is in short supply..but i dont see it in real life and guessing neither do you.

if somehow we can rise up and demand these media companies give just a bit of time to a third party or someone with ALOT of money actually has morals i think we can finally have a shot at a third party candidate. thats the only hope of legitamatly turning this boat away from the iceburg and avoiding some type of civil war. we currently have our "leaders" abandoning there duties and issuing fines and warrants for each other all while our enemies watch. scary stuff.

Edited by Buffarukus

13 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

this is why i pray to all that is holy trump does not run again. there is a 4 year narrative on him that lets be honest, he did not help himself to shake. 1/6 should put the nail in the coffin as that will be drummed into the public for 4 years. the dems seem scared to death of him regardless. the whole impeachment 2.0 with days left was meant to make them feel warm and toasty that they would not have that looming threat on a ticket. the anyone but trump crowd has softened but there is a long time to fortify again. if the Rs can start fresh and be very careful about being active against any of the previous media claims to not stick to the canidates then i think its a easy win as dems are locked into...kamala 😅😆😂. i seriously think they will primary her if/when joes icecream melts. but then again im asking trump to put his ego aside for the future of the nation, no money on that bet.

regardless of what happens biden is toast with 

any southern states as he has flooded them with immigrants.

all gun owners..thats alot of people.

defund the police will be reminded in every ad for 4 years. 

even the way he immediately cancelled keystone. true or not people see gas prices crushing working americans and i think the overwhelming union backing he got is seriously regretting the fact jobs cant seen to hire people to pay the dues! 

one big caveat is how much more free money is he planning on passing out. he can definitely buy back some votes but it won't matter if inflation goes nuts at the same time. rent moratorium has ended. school loans are about to start and we are back to talking about lockdowns. yikes!

i truley think people in the middle are sick of all this polarization. question is just how many are there. all we can see on large scales are internet forums which makes it seem like common sense is in short supply..but i dont see it in real life and guessing neither do you.

if somehow we can rise up and demand these media companies give just a bit of time to a third party or someone with ALOT of money actually has morals i think we can finally have a shot at a third party candidate. thats the only hope of legitamatly turning this boat away from the iceburg and avoiding some type of civil war. we currently have our "leaders" abandoning there duties and issuing fines and warrants for each other all while our enemies watch. scary stuff.

Billstime will insist Biden will still get 80 million votes regardless.

• Haha (+1) 1