Frank Clark arrested for felony

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

A lot of fans like to debate that their team has better charachter guys.  It's sports.  It's entertainment....one thing is as good to debate as the next I guess....but I have come to accept that many of these guys in pro sports....and in particular pro football....are not especially smart, or good people.  Fine.  I'd like them all to be fine upstanding pillars of my community.  They aren't.  Most won't ever be.  Some will be problem for the teams PR staff and stain on the community.  Fine.  Win on Sunday.  I'll tolerate some awful humans if they are contributing to wins on Sunday.  I hope they improve, grow up, etc...but win on Sunday and don't kill anyone.  

Just win on Sunday...assault, domestic violence, child endangerment, illegal firearms is fine with me, just don't kill anyone and I'll root for you on Sunday because that's the most important.

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Football would be much less enjoyable if I had to come to terms with “just don’t kill anyone and win on Sunday.”  I heard Barkevious Mingo just got released, he needs one of those Andy Reid second chance specials!  

It's not homicide so yeah...he would fit right in.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Fine.  Win on Sunday.  I'll tolerate some awful humans if they are contributing to wins on Sunday.

I get it to an extent and all when it comes to minor type stuff. But sometimes there's a line if it's something really bad. Just for example, I couldn't tolerate something like rape, beating women, extreme violence type scenarios etc if proven and just say "win", and look past it. I don't know, that's just me.

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

A lot of fans like to debate that their team has better charachter guys.

Except of course when it comes to the Chiefs there isn't a debate. Tyreek Hill is the one player in the NFL where I actively root for an injury. Ideally he'd hurt himself back flipping into the endzone, but I'm open to anything.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

A lot of fans like to debate that their team has better charachter guys.  It's sports.  It's entertainment....one thing is as good to debate as the next I guess....but I have come to accept that many of these guys in pro sports....and in particular pro football....are not especially smart, or good people.  Fine.  I'd like them all to be fine upstanding pillars of my community.  They aren't.  Most won't ever be.  Some will be problem for the teams PR staff and stain on the community.  Fine.  Win on Sunday.  I'll tolerate some awful humans if they are contributing to wins on Sunday.  I hope they improve, grow up, etc...but win on Sunday and don't kill anyone.  

It's not even close to a debate. The Chiefs have a boat load of crappy people. Far more than the average football team.

• Agree 1

1.  Just about every player in the NFL does charity work....including Frank Clark.  I'm all for GOOD things.  I root for and want good things to happen and I want to celebrate good people.  But if all this bad stuff was so important, sports teams wouldn't pay them big money and put up with it.  It happens because we generally don't give a crap if a guy was driving around LA with guns illegally (or not)  We don't care if the guy was in a bar fight and assaulted someone.  We don't want them to, but on Sundays....we don't care...if we did, ratings would be in the tank and no one would buy tickets because there are plenty of bad dudes on teams across the league that we ought to demand better......if we actually cared.

2.  I'm not here to tell you Tyreek Hill is a boyscout.  I'm not here to make a case that he is a good person.  I would tell you to look over the facts again before you wished bodily harm on him.  In college, he couldn't afford a lawyer, and in a he said/she said case, his public defender adivsed him to plead guilty and make a deal to avoid jail time.  the fact remains he pled guilty.  So, that's what we have to go on.  I'll take him at his word....and that offense was awful.  I'd implore you though to at least consider that alot of people in his position, with no lawyer, do these type deals, and I'd further advise you to read the report of the detective who worked that case who didn't believe any violence had actually occurred.  ....I don't claim to know the truth....he plead guilty.   I'd direct you to the more current case.....no charges were ever brought. That in and of itself isn't some indicator of his innocence...charges get dropped for stuff all the time..but he has in fact been awarded FULL custody of ALL of his children since.  He did not recieve any leauge discipline at all from that case...none.  He has hosted very well attended and popular youth football camps in KC before and since.  Just be mindful of the entirety of the case is all.  Still not a good dude, and certainly not someone I'd ever point to as some shining light in the community.  

3.  I maintain that if you need your NFL team to be a roster full of super good dudes...you'll have a hard time with this sport as a fan.  

4.  Almost every player in the leauge does charity work....any agent worth a damn almost always sets this up with the player and team...it's good marketing for both sides.  Frank Clark does charity work.  Lot's of these guys who aren't that great, do charity work.  That isn't the indicator it might have once been....that's part of the job these days.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

1.  Just about every player in the NFL does charity work....including Frank Clark.  I'm all for GOOD things.  I root for and want good things to happen and I want to celebrate good people.  But if all this bad stuff was so important, sports teams wouldn't pay them big money and put up with it.  It happens because we generally don't give a crap if a guy was driving around LA with guns illegally (or not)  We don't care if the guy was in a bar fight and assaulted someone.  We don't want them to, but on Sundays....we don't care...if we did, ratings would be in the tank and no one would buy tickets because there are plenty of bad dudes on teams across the league that we ought to demand better......if we actually cared.

2.  I'm not here to tell you Tyreek Hill is a boyscout.  I'm not here to make a case that he is a good person.  I would tell you to look over the facts again before you wished bodily harm on him.  In college, he couldn't afford a lawyer, and in a he said/she said case, his public defender adivsed him to plead guilty and make a deal to avoid jail time.  the fact remains he pled guilty.  So, that's what we have to go on.  I'll take him at his word....and that offense was awful.  I'd implore you though to at least consider that alot of people in his position, with no lawyer, do these type deals, and I'd further advise you to read the report of the detective who worked that case who didn't believe any violence had actually occurred.  ....I don't claim to know the truth....he plead guilty.   I'd direct you to the more current case.....no charges were ever brought. That in and of itself isn't some indicator of his innocence...charges get dropped for stuff all the time..but he has in fact been awarded FULL custody of ALL of his children since.  He did not recieve any leauge discipline at all from that case...none.  He has hosted very well attended and popular youth football camps in KC before and since.  Just be mindful of the entirety of the case is all.  Still not a good dude, and certainly not someone I'd ever point to as some shining light in the community.  

3.  I maintain that if you need your NFL team to be a roster full of super good dudes...you'll have a hard time with this sport as a fan.  

4.  Almost every player in the leauge does charity work....any agent worth a damn almost always sets this up with the player and team...it's good marketing for both sides.  Frank Clark does charity work.  Lot's of these guys who aren't that great, do charity work.  That isn't the indicator it might have once been....that's part of the job these days.

Please show some proof that Tyreek was awarded full custody off his children. I have looked and cannot find anything trustworthy that states this. I pointed this out to you previously and there was nothing but hearsay. KC fans repeatedly bring up this point to justify the fact that they continue to support Hill. Has something happened recently with his custody case? 

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Please show some proof that Tyreek was awarded full custody off his children. I have looked and cannot find anything trustworthy that states this. I pointed this out to you previously and there was nothing but hearsay. KC fans repeatedly bring up this point to justify the fact that they continue to support Hill. Has something happened recently with his custody case? 

Damn....I think this happend last time you asked....I can't find anything on the internet etiher....it's talk about in the KC sports media likes it's a commonly known fact....but I can't find anything to confirm it either.  .....

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Damn....I think this happend last time you asked....I can't find anything on the internet etiher....it's talk about in the KC sports media likes it's a commonly known fact....but I can't find anything to confirm it either.  .....

With all of the available stories about his custody battle, it would be easy to find verification if he was granted full custody. It’s not true and should not be used when trying to defend Hill. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Just a hypothetical here.....if a popular player on your team ended up in a situation similar to Ray Rice or whatnot, or any kind of situation that was violent and someone got seriously injured etc.

Yes I'm aware things need to be proved, but hypothetically speaking, the incident is pretty cut and dry.  If able to return from a lengthy suspension,would you feel the  same as you described earlier," just win and will tolerate it"?

8 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just a hypothetical here.....if a popular player on your team ended up in a situation similar to Ray Rice or whatnot, or any kind of situation that was violent and someone got seriously injured etc.

Yes I'm aware things need to be proved, but hypothetically speaking, the incident is pretty cut and dry.  If able to return from a lengthy suspension,would you feel the  same as you described earlier," just win and will tolerate it"?

How about we not put that to the Test. It is a good question Duffy 
 i put integrity up there in my life. And i do only follow Buffalo Bills anymore , because i think they try to run an upscale and moral program.
I am not sure how i would react.  so as Fans i hope we are not pressed to make those decisions  :)

Go Bills !

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just win on Sunday...assault, domestic violence, child endangerment, illegal firearms is fine with me, just don't kill anyone and I'll root for you on Sunday because that's the most important.

It's not homicide so yeah...he would fit right in.

I don't see anyone here abandoning the Bills because Ed Oliver and his DUI, firearm issue is still a Bill.  And that's fine.

You'll see a ton of Broncos fans suddenly not care about sexual assault if DeShaun Watson ends up there....and so on.  I'm not trying to advocate FOR any of this awful stuff.  I am being realistic.  Ried is a "second chance" kind of coach.....maybe that means he really cares about 2nd chances or maybe it means he gains an advantage by taking on some bad dudes who can play.  I don't know.  maybe both.  

If you are honest with yourselves....I'd bet most of you will "tolerate" quite a bit before you'd completely abandon your fandom.    

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't see anyone here abandoning the Bills because Ed Oliver and his DUI, firearm issue is still a Bill.  And that's fine.

You'll see a ton of Broncos fans suddenly not care about sexual assault if DeShaun Watson ends up there....and so on.  I'm not trying to advocate FOR any of this awful stuff.  I am being realistic.  Ried is a "second chance" kind of coach.....maybe that means he really cares about 2nd chances or maybe it means he gains an advantage by taking on some bad dudes who can play.  I don't know.  maybe both.  

If you are honest with yourselves....I'd bet most of you will "tolerate" quite a bit before you'd completely abandon your fandom.    

Come on. Go look it up. That was nothing. Everything was completely dropped because he did nothing wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

That's kind of a minor thing and not a felony. Also was B.S and got dropped.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Just now, MJS said:

Come on. Go look it up. That was nothing. Everything was completely dropped because he did nothing wrong.

I am sure you are right....but even if it were all proven true in a court.....I don't think even one member of this board would quit the Bills....and why would they?  You can't even get 53 good apples in a church on Sunday, let alone on an football field.  That's just how it is.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

That's kind of a minor thing and not a felony. Also was B.S and got dropped.

....so did all the Charges on Hill....  What is the standard we use?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Olivers case was dropped because he wasn’t drunk.

What if a Chief sexually assaulted a family member, got great Lawyers and just got a few game suspension….its cool?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Olivers case was dropped because he wasn’t drunk.

What if a Chief sexually assaulted a family member, got great Lawyers and just got a few game suspension….its cool?

of course not.  Tyrel Dodson is still a Bill....

52 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

of course not.  Tyrel Dodson is still a Bill....

Why not?  He didn’t kill commit murder.

Yes, Dodson is.  I understand you’re going to have some players with incidents.  The league isn’t full of sunshine and rainbows.  But we also aren’t stating “as long as they don’t kill anyone…”

This is why I am VERY critical of a few of the Bills most beloved figures. They are (or at least were) demonstrably bad people. OJ is the obvious frontrunner, and broadly agreed upon. But there are others that many Bills fans refuse to judge. Which, I guess, is their right. I just have more difficulty turning a blind eye to the malfeasance of privileged athletes. I'm certainly not perfect, either, for the record.

11 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Zero, that’s not true.  There were a lot of people on this board who condemned his actions and even before it was found he didn’t drink at all.  He blew a 0 on the breathalyzer.  Had he blown an illegal limit number, it would have been worse for him as he had a firearm in the car.

Listen, I’ve backed you before supporting you’re team on the field, and as Hap has said on behalf of the mods, we invite polite fans to our site from other teams.  I don’t know how you can back any of these guys with their actions.

I was not supportive when Marcel Dareus was drag racing down a road in Hamburg, NY when he was playing at a high level as he couldve killed someone.  Not many others here did either.

If anything, you should be embarrassed Clark has acted

terribly as well as Andy Reid’s son.  Clark is going on the exempt list and eventually get suspended.  I don’t doubt he’ll use his millions to try and get as reduced as possible the charges against him, but he’ll receive some punishment.  If you think he’s playing this year, that is enormously unlikely.  You still have a very good team, but I don’t doubt the Chiefs are already planning on a substitution like Justin Houston.

It’s not a position of strength defending these guys.  If anything, I would’ve thought You would denounce their behavior.  Do you really think someone who was accused of domestic abuse in college even though bumped down to a mis., then has two separate incidents of illegal gun possession including one with an automatic weapon is going to play?  Goodell is almost assuredly going to place him on the exempt list in August.  I’m sure he wants it to go away too which is why he hasn’t yet.  He will though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1